Sequel: Here With Me

Sunday in New York

Polaroids

Image

November 1st, Tuesday

Hudson's arm was draped over me that morning when I awoke. After rubbing my eyes and stretching for a bit, I turned and smiled sweetly at the beautiful sleeping man next to me. I softly kissed his nose seeing if that would wake him up; he just hummed and turned onto his back, still sleeping. So carefully I moved off the bed, sitting on the floor as I found one of his shirts and put it on.

Again I glanced over at him and smiled. He looked so peaceful and calm, like a little boy who fell asleep after trying to stay up late. I had an idea so I got up and went to the dresser, quietly taking out my polaroid camera. Carefully I crawled back onto the bed and onto him, straddling his sides as he slept.

The sound of the camera taking his picture woke him up and he made a cute, confused face. He dragged his hand through his dark hair and blinked at me, smiling. "What're you doing?" He murmured, yawning afterwards.

"Taking a picture of my fiancé." I grinned, snapping another photo of him.

"So it wasn't a dream. I think I need to convince myself everyday for awhile that you actually said yes." He smiled, sitting up but holding me so I'd stay in his lap. He softly kissed my lips.

"Of course I did, no wasn't an option." I chuckled, waving the pictures and waiting for the image to appear.

"What time is it?" He yawned again, lying back down and pulling me with him.

"Quarter to eleven." I replied, lifting the camera up and taking a picture of the two of us.

"What time are you going into work?" He asked.

"Probably during the lunch hour."

He held me close and kissed my forehead. "I wish we could stay here forever, just you and me in this bed."

"I'd love that." I hummed.

"But since you can't, I'll make us breakfast before work." He chuckled and sat up a bit, using his elbow to prop himself up.

I laughed. "Okay, but I'm gonna take a shower first." I got up and put the camera on the table, going to the dresser and taking out a matching set of underwear and taking my robe from the closet.

He got out of bed and walked out of the room into the kitchen. "Breakfast will be ready when you're done."

"'Kay." I closed the bathroom door and turned on the shower. I honestly could not stop grinning as I took a shower, admiring the stunning ring on my finger. It belonged to his mother, this beautiful 1.5 carat diamond ring surrounded by more tiny diamonds was what she wore when she was married. I smiled as I recalled the events last night. He truly is the most chivalrous man I've ever known. While I was away in New Orleans he called my father and asked for his blessing, not that there was the need for it but just to be proper.

"I never thought I would ever find a love like this...my life was so meaningless until I met you...my heart was a heart of stone, hardened from my childhood. You came into my life and changed everything that I am, everything I was. You changed my hopes and dreams into something so much better, so much more than I could ever ask for. You give me hope. You make me happy. Your love is the truest thing in my life. I can't imagine being without you..."

I sat at the table with him as we chatted over breakfast. "I'll call my parents after work." I said after taking a sip of juice.

"I should probably call my father too." He murmured, forking up his food.

"I want our parents to be the first to know...if that's okay?" I looked up at him.

"Sure, but you're not gonna tell Amelia?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not right away, she'll spoil the surprise for everyone. She's a blabbermouth. Once she knows she'll tell her clients, and they'll tell others, and so and so on and soon all of New York will know."

He laughed. "Alright, well then I won't Jules either. We should go out some night and tell them then, we'll go to the bar."

"Yeah, that's perfect. How 'bout Friday?" I grinned.

"It'll be hard keeping it a secret that long, but Friday will be perfect." He smiled back.

"Great!" I chuckled, looking up at the clock. "Well I better get dressed, I need to go into work soon." I stood up and took my plate to the sink. In the bedroom I took a pair of purple skinny jeans and a sweater from the closet, quickly putting them on and going into the bathroom to do my makeup.

I took off the ring and put it on a necklace of mine and tucking it in my sweater. After giving Hudson a kiss, I left to go to work. I walked into the office and smirked when I saw Christian sitting at his desk writing away and bobbing his head to the music playing from the computer.

"Ah, I see the suits are making their appearance again." I chuckled, sitting across from him and setting down a tea I bought from Starbucks.

He laughed and looked up at me, making me take a double-look as he was wearing glasses. "Yes, the suits are back. Do you have a problem with that?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No, but I've never seen you in glasses before."

He lightly blushed and bit his lip, "I usually wear contacts, but today I forgot to put them in."

I grinned and leaned across the desk and gazed into his eyes, still as light blue as ever. "So they are natural."

His lips formed a shy smile and his eyes were like a blazing and intense blue, but softening the longer he stared at me. He looked so different in glasses, though he always perfect and well-groomed, I didn't know it was possible for him to look even more perfect. He looked more intellectual and mature. I half-smiled and forced a laugh, turning away.

"So, how are the pictures coming?" I asked, reaching into my satchel and taking out my notebook and papers from our trip. I opened up a new document in the computer and began typing out my interviews.

He cleared his throat and continued writing. "Good. There's some really great pictures." He then opened up a drawer and took out an envelope and handed it to me. "These were from that night in the hotel room, when we fell off the couch." He had a slight smile.

"You developed them?" I grinned, quickly opening the envelope and holding at least ten pictures of me, going through them.

"They're really nice but they have nothing to do with the Voodoo Experience." He bit his lip.

I softly smiled, staring down at them. "These are really great...thanks Christian."

He nodded. "Oh, your friend Amelia stopped by earlier, about half an hour before you came in."

"Really? She must've wanted to go out for lunch."

"Yeah, she said that." He murmured, staring down at his notebook and slowly starting to write.

After a moment of silence, I looked back up at him with a grin. "You got a tan."

He started to laugh and tossed down his pen. "Yes I got a tan. Why is it I can't get any work done when you're around?"

I burst out laughing and cocked my head to the side, giving him my girlish smile. "Oh who knows? Maybe it's 'cause I'm just so darn fun."

He shook his head, still laughing. "You're in a good mood today."

I smiled softly and gave a sigh. "It's been a good day so far."

After work, I was back at home with Hudson, we were sitting on the couch watching t.v. I was waiting for Amelia to stop by; she texted me earlier saying she wanted to come by and borrow a pair of earrings.

Knocking at the front door and coming in, Amelia was beaming. I raised an eyebrow and got up to greet her, "What's with the grin?" I chuckled, hugging her.

"I asked him out." She grinned.

I furrowed my brow. "Asked who out?"

"Christian."

My jaw dropped. "You did?"

"Yes! We're going out tonight." She giggled, hugging herself.

I was at a loss for words. "Uh, when did you ask him?"

"Well, I came by the office to take you to lunch but you weren't there, so I just seized the opportunity and asked him out, he said yes and I'm meeting him at the Rose Bar in an hour." She bit her lip.

Why didn't he mention anything this afternoon? Even when Amelia was brought up he never said anything about taking her out...why didn't he tell me?

"The Rose Bar? Wow, it's almost impossible to get in there." I smiled.

"I know! I said the same thing, but he's said he's got a few friends that can make it happen." She smiled like a little girl on her birthday.

"Well, that's great." I smiled and nodded, "Which earrings did you want to borrow?"

She began gabbing about her outfit and what she hoped would happen tonight as I followed her into the bedroom, but I couldn't focus as the thought of why he never said anything plagued my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)

and I just wanna say a special thank you to my faithful readers as well as the new ones, you are what keep me going. Thank you!


The Engagement Ring

and

Avery's Outfit