Sequel: Here With Me

Sunday in New York

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant

Chester was coming to pick me up at six, and it was already five. I still had to get ready so I hurried home and put on an old Ramones album while I got ready. I had just finished my hair when my intercom buzzed, thank goodness. I opened the door to go meet him and he stood at my door with a big bunch of daisies, my favorite.

"I hope you don't mind, one of your neighbors was on the way in so they just let me come up." His dark hair fell into his face as he smiled at me. I hugged him and thanked him for the flowers. He gave them to me and I went into my apartment to get a vase for them.

"You can come in you know, there's no rule against it." I laughed as he stood innocently in my doorway, then gingerly walked through, as if he half expected to burst into flames on my rug.

"Ramones, nice." He sat at the kitchen counter and picked up the cd case I'd left there, I'd forgotten to turn the stereo off so once I finished with the flowers I walked over.

"Yeah what can I say classic punk is pretty good." I set the flowers on my kitchen table and kissed him on the cheek."Thanks again for the flowers, by the way what did you have planned tonight?"

"Well my friend is in a band, and he wants me to come to the show, that's at eight and they're a pretty popular local band so usually it's fun to go to. I thought we could grab some food and head to that?"

"Yeah that sounds perfect, I have a thing for live music." I grinned thinking back to a few weeks ago when we met, Chester was playing guitar at one of my friends houses.

"Oh you don't say?" he teased then got up and opened my front door for me.

We went to a small Italian place that Chester knew of, which was perfect because I love pasta. He opened doors and pulled out my chair for me. Everything he was supposed to do he did, and it was everything that I wasn't used to. At the end of dinner we sat snacking on a huge slice of chocolate cake and sipping red wine.

"So what's your secret?" He asked and I laughed.

"What do you mean?" I brushed a little cake from the corner of my mouth and took another sip.

"Well, you're beautiful, sweet, you have a job, you're successful and driven, so why are you still single?" He smiled at me, and I started to feel my cheeks blush.

"I guess I always go after the wrong guys." I shrugged.

"Hm, well, I hope I don't end up on that list." He grinned at me and pushed the last bit of cake towards me on the plate.

The show was really crowded, the stage was fairly big, and had a large umbrella backdrop. To the left of the crowd was a row of tables and chairs and a small gap leading up to the stage. Behind us was a room full of merchandise stands and beer stands. We each got a beer and then as I started to walk up to the back of the crowd, Chester took my by the hand and led me up the gap by the row of tables and back behind the stage. We met up with his friends in a room that was dimly lit and had red velvet booths around the perimeter of the room. His friends were Brian, James, Andrew, and Louis.

We drank our beer with them and then they had to go onstage so we followed them out and then went back into the main room. They came on about five minutes later and started playing, I'd actually heard one of their songs before, I think Avery showed it to me. When she jumped into my head I thought I should check up on her and her date, so I texted her 'How's Loverboy?'

I enjoyed the show with Chester and when it came time to leave he waved to the guys and Brian gave us a nod and a wink and we left. He dropped me off at my apartment and when I turned around from unlocking the door he pressed his lips to mine. I froze and then once everything registered I kissed him again.

"Goodnight, Amelia." He grinned inches from my face.

"Goodnight, Chester." I closed the door and let myself slide down the door until I was sitting on the floor. Then I remembered my text to Avery and pulled my phone out of my purse.

'Avery: We're just friends, and I invited him to my birthday party next week.. (:' Apprehensive I texted her back.

'Won't Eric be there too??'
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!