Dreamer

Prologue

Dreams, everyone has them. They’re what make us accomplish unthinkable things. Every idea has sprouted from a dream. They give us strength, power and a faith in ourselves a lot of people can’t give. So tell me if dreams are that powerful. Then why are they so easily destroyed?
It seems any harsh words will eventually destroy a dream forever. I know it worked for me…my dream of finding out where I came from and who I really am was destroyed with the only thing that connected me to my real family. The day I lost that golden locket in a fight with a demon, my dreams died too. From that day forward I learned to live without dreams, they just make us weak.

I never had a real memory of my family. When I was ten years old I was found bleeding to death on the side of the road by Natsumi, a demon hunter and former guardian of Amatazeru (the world I ended up in). She saved me that night and eventually adopted me, raising me alongside her daughter Bionca. Natsumi started training me as soon as I was able to move again to become a demon hunter and one of the new guardians. Of course being witches gave us an unfair advantage. Natsumi continued to train us to be the best fighters in Amatzeru.

It’s been four years since we began our training. It’s been exactly four years since they found me. It’s been four years and I still don’t remember anything from before I was ten years old. My memories along with my family are lost… forever.