All I Needed Was You

All I Needed Was You

It was a cold winter night as I stood outside Ruki’s house. Reita said he had locked himself inside, not allowing anyone to see him. Another woman had broken his heart. Why women keep doing this to him? I have no idea. He is a great guy and knows how to treat a woman right. He has a good heart and it doesn’t deserve to be stomped on countless times. So I stepped forward, toward his door and knocked gently.

“Takanori? It’s me…Amy. May I come inside?” I didn’t get a response nor did I hear footsteps. It was completely silent on the other side of his closed door but I knew he heard me. I sighed, turned around, rested my back against the door, and slide down to the cold concrete. I refused to leave until he let me in. He was one of my best friends, even before the GazettE came a part of his life, and I’ll be damned if I left him with his broken heart, without anyone to help him mend it.

“I know you’re listening Takanori so I’m just going to say it. Kimiko didn’t deserve you. She didn’t deserve to treat you like she did and lead you on like she did. It shows that wasn’t meant to be but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on love. I’m not going to say I know how you feel because I don’t. I don’t know what it’s like to have the one you love cheat on you. I do know what it’s like to be heartbroken though so I’m here for you to lean on and lend an ear.” Still no response.

“I hate the fact that you are going through this. I wish this never would have happened to you. If I could I would take the pain for you. I’m not the only one either. The guys are worried about you too. There are still people who care and love you and we are all here for you.” Yet again there was no response. I only had one more thing to say and if it doesn’t get through to him…than I don’t know what else I’m going to do.

“I know this isn’t the appropriate time but…I love you Takanori…and much more than just a friend. Ever since Reita introduced you to me all those years ago. There was something about you that just made you stand out from all the other guys. You made me laugh every time we were together even to the point where there were tears in my eyes. You were always there for me, even when you were on tour you still managed to make time to hear me. You have no idea how much that means to me. You never treated me wrong. You’re a great guy Takanori and don’t ever forget that. Don’t let Kimiko bring you down so low. She’s not worth your tears.” I waited patiently for a sound. Any sound, but there was still nothing. I have said everything I could. I spilled my heart out but it didn’t seem to happen. With a defeated sigh I stood up. It seems that there was nothing else I could do. I will just have to let my words sink in for him and visit him tomorrow.

I stepped away from his house, trudging my way through the snow as I walked home. My phone started ringing in my purse so I quickly took it out hoping it was Ruki but it wasn’t.

“Hello Reita.”

“Any luck?”

“No, I tried but he wouldn’t answer the door. I still told him everything that I wanted to but nothing.”

“Did you tell him how you feel about him? How you really feel about him?”

“Yes Reita but even declaring my love for him wasn’t enough. I guess he doesn’t feel the same about me.”

“Don’t say that Amy. He just found out Kimiko cheated on him for the past 6 months. Just give him some time, he’ll come around. He’ll forget about her and see that the best thing for him was beside him the whole time.” I couldn’t help but smile.

“Thank you Reita, that means a lot. I just want him to be happy. That’s all I ever want.”

“We all want that. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye.” And I hung up. Before I knew it I stood outside my house. Stepping inside, I threw my keys in the small decorative bowl next to the door. I placed my purse next to it and made my way into the living room to sit on the couch. It was eerily quiet inside and it made me realize how alone I was. My emotions finally caught up to me and the tears started flowing. Not only were they flowing for my broken heart but Ruki’s as well. I leaned forward, rested my elbows on my knees and buried my face in my hands. Now the only sounds in my little empty house were my soft cries. I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lower lip. What am I doing? I shouldn’t be the one crying. Ruki is the one who needs help, who needs his heart mended, not mine. I need to try harder to get to him. I’ll break into his heart if I need to. Whatever I need to do I’ll do it so he doesn’t have to hurt anymore. I quickly stood up and ran to my front door, grabbing my keys and purse, and opened the door. I dropped everything in my hands and gasped seeing who stood right in front of, fist raised up to knock on the door.

“Takanori? Wh-what are you doing here?” He dropped his hand and looked down to the ground. He looked worse than I thought. His eye make-up was smeared, tears stained his lightly red cheeks, and his skin was paler than normal. He rubbed his arm, looking a little uncomfortable and unsure what to say. He didn’t have to say anything. I was glad he came out of his house and came to see me. I jumped forward and wrapped my arms around him, engulfing him in a big warm hug.

“I’m so glad you’re here Takanori. I’m here for you. I’ll listen to whatever you have to say. Just don’t bottle up your emotions.” Ruki wrapped his arms around me tightly, almost not wanting to let go but he did. He pulled me away from the embrace, his hands resting on my waist.

“Why are you crying?” I laughed just a little. A soft little laugh. He looked at me confused.

“I’m not the one you should be worrying about. Come on, let’s go inside it’s freezing out here.” Ruki let me go and I led him inside as he closed the door behind him. I sat back down on the couch and he sat down next to me.

“I’m serious Amy, why were you crying?” He asked again and this time I didn’t laugh. Now I felt uncomfortable.

“It’s nothing really Takanori.”

“I must be something if it made you cry.”

“I was just really worried about you. I don’t like seeing you hurt at all. It’s not fair to you. You don’t deserve any of it.” He smiled. Even if it was small it was still a smile.

“That’s not the only reason. Now tell me the rest.”

“I…I love you…and I didn’t get a response. I figured you didn’t feel the same.” I looked down ashamed. I didn’t want to confess my feelings again and in front of him this time. And I didn’t want this to be about me. A slightly cold hand placed itself under my chin and lifted my face up. I looked into Takanori warm brown eyes and saw something I never saw before. Love. And it was love for me?

“You can’t assume things Amy. What you said gave me the strength to step out of that house and come to you. It made me realize that I had you all along. I never needed Kimiko or any other girl I had in my life. All I needed was you. I came here to say…I love you too.” My jaw dropped ever so slightly. Takanori chuckled at my reaction, closed my mouth, leaned forward and placed his wonderful lips upon mine in a warm gentle kiss filled with love and passion. Never in my life did I think this would happen. I have thought about this moment thousands of times and I never imagined it would feel this amazing. Reality is so much better. Ruki slowly pulled away and we rested our foreheads against each other. We both smiled as we gazed into each other’s eyes. A single tear fell from our eyes. This time they weren’t tears of sadness or heartbreak but tears of joy and love.