Status: ON HOLD.

Behind the Computer.

Chapter One.

Chapter One;

The annoying beeping of my alarm clock awakes me from yet another dream-less night. I get out of bed, and slowly made my way over to my closet. It was hard to believe school time was here again. And not to believe I'm a Sophomore. This is my first year back to public school since eigth grade. I went to a private school last year, so I have no idea what I'm in for today. Reagan, my best friend of twelve years, says it's not much different from middle school, but you never know. I go to my closet, and pick out ( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53384523 ) to wear today. I run my fingers through my brown, curly hair, and twist a small piece of it back and hold it in place with a clip and a big black bow. I grab my bag and phone, and head downstairs. I see Sharon, our housekeeper, putting a plate of toast in my place on the kitchen table.
"I made you some toast, babygirl. You're favourite !" She says.
"Oh thanks, but no thanks. I'm worried if I eat anything, I'll be sick." I say with my hand on my stomach. "I am so nervous."
"C'mon, one piece." She coaxs.
She hands me a slice. I accept and take a bite.
"Now for this being worried thing," She says. "You're going to be oh kay. Just keep your head high, and be friendly to others. You've gone to school with them before, I'm sure it'll be nothing new." She adds.
"Thanks, Sharon." I smile.
She kisses my forehead, and takes the other slice of toast. I hear my mom, sister, and cousin coming down the stairs. My cousin, Mitchell, came to live with us a few years ago when his Mom, my Aunt, died of brain cancer. He was fourteen at the time.
"Oh kay, older kiddos. You guys need to head out." My mom says.
She walks up to me, kisses my cheek, then does the same to Mitchell.
"Good luck, and stay out of trouble !" She says.
Mitchell nudges my shoulder and asks,
"Ready ?"
"Yupp." I reply.
On the way to school, I think about what it's gonna be like this year. I know pretty much everyone there, but there's most likely new kids or kids I just don't remember. Then of course, there's Tori, who always finds a way to make me feel misrable. Tori is your typical popular girl. She gets all the guys, is filthy rich, gets anything and everything she wants, and beyond rude. We've never at good ends with each other. She's always being rude to me, but I try to ignore it. Then there's Trevor, who's Mitchell's best friend. I've had the biggest crush on him since the sixth grade. I'm sure he knows by now, but I haven't told him how I felt yet. And frankly, I'm not sure if I ever will. He's nice and all, and every time he's over, he seems to wanna hang around me most of the time rather than Mitchell. Mitchell keeps hinting he likes me, but he's probably just screwing with me. We arrive at school, and I can see Reagan running towards me.
"I HAVE MISSED SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE AT SCHOOL !" She screams while running into me with a hug.
"Same to you, Rae ! Now we can see each other 24/7." I say, smiling.
I see Trevor walking over here. He winks at me, then walks up to Mitchell. They share a 'bro-hug' and exchange a few words.
"Alright, Aria. I'm heading out now. Good luck." Mitchell says.
"Same to you, bye." I reply.
"Bye, Aria." Says Trevor, smiling.
I just smile, and start walking towards the school. Reagan catches up with me.
"HOW do you not understand that he's totally crushing on you ! ?" She exclaims.
"Cause he's not ! He's just being friendly." I say, wanting to believe it.
"Honey, YES HE IS. He winked at you, and it wasn't just a normal wink. It was a flirty wink. And Mitchell says he talks about you all the time. He's always wanting to be around you, he always seems so happy around you." She explains. "He likes you."
"Maybe." I say. "But I do know for a fact that Mitchell likes you !" I add.
"Hmm, and how do you know this ?" She questions. I can hint the sarcasm in her voice.
"Cut the sarcasm !" I laugh. "Because I finally got it out of him. He told me himself."
"Well maybe he will ask me out soon, and Trevor will ask you out soon, and then we can go on double dates like we've always dreamt of !" She says, spreading her hands in the air.
We laugh, and head into the school. I head to my locker and take a look at my schedule. Turns out my favourite class, Journalism, is first on my list.
'What a way to start off the school day !' I think to myself.
I head to the classroom and take a seat in the very back. Class doesn't start for about another five minutes, so I pull out the book I'm reading and start reading it. This is the third time I've been throught the Harry Potter series. I'm reading book one again.
"Mind if I sit here ?" I hear a voice ask.
I look up, surprised to see it's Trevor.
"Oh, yeah, sure." I answer.
He takes the seat, and turns around to me.
"I never knew writing was your tempo." I say, tilting my head to the side a bit.
"Just thought I would try something new this year." He says. That adorable smirk of his spreads across his lips.
I laugh a bit, and return my attention back to my book.
"What'cha reading ?" He asks.
"The Harry Potter series. It's my third time through." I smile.
"Oh, cool. I don't read much." He replies.
I smile. But my smile soon fades when I see Tori walking into the room. She makes her way over to me.
'Great.' I think.
"Oh look who's back ! I hardly noticed you were gone." She laughs.
I just look at her like she's gone mentally insane.
She takes the seat next to Trevor.
"Hey Trevor." She winks.
He hardly waves and turns his attention back to me.
"Why are you in this class ?" I ask. "I didn't know you wrote."
"HAH, I don't. But my father is making me take this class in order to help with my speech, blah, blah, blah." She says.
"Seems like he wants you to be a Writer." I say.
I always try and be nice to her, hoping someday she will get the memo to be nice back.
"And seems like I don't care." She says. "Trevor, you should sit with me at lunch today."
"Uhm, no thanks." He answers. "Mind if I sit with you ? Mitchell said we all three have the same lunch."
"Oh, sure ! " I say.
He smiles, and turns around. Tori throws me a nasty look, and does the same.
"Hello class. I'm gonna make this quick because I have to go somewhere. You will need to pick a partner of the different gender, don't worry, there's enough for everyone. Talk with your partner and come up with a genre of writing that best fits both of your styles. Then, I want you to indivually write a short story with a minimum of two characters, grade each other's stories, then you will turn them in on your own next Monday. I'll be back." Mr. Davenport says.
Trevor turns around and says,
"I've decided we're going to be partners." He smiles.
"Oh ? And if I don't wanna be your partner ?" I ask.
He frowns and is about to speak when I say,
"I'm just kidding. I'd love to be your partner." I laugh.
He smiles once again.
"So what's your style, pretty girl ?" He asks.
I look down to hide my red cheeks, and say,
"Uh, well, I like to write more poetic stories. Like, love stories, but a little more in depth." I say.
"Hmm, well then a love story it is then." He smiles.
We lock our gaze. We're both staring deep into each other's eyes. His eyes are a rich, creamy brown, like the colour of chocolate. They sparkle a bit when the light hits them. The bells breaks our intimate eye contact.
"Allow me to walk you to class." He says.
We head for the door, when Tori runs in front of me, and trips me. All of my stuff falls on the floor.
"Oops !" She says sarcastically.
She walks away laughing.
Trevor bends down before I can and picks up all my stuff. He puts my backpack on his shoulder and says,
"I'll carry your stuff." With a smile.

******************************

Lunch time rolls finally rolls around. I walk into the cafeiteria and see Trevor motioning for me to come over. I walk over and take the seat across from him.
"Hey !" He says.
"Hi !" I answer back.
Mitchell is sitting next to me stuffing his mouth with a sandwhich.
"Oh my God, Mitchell. You're such a messy eater." I say crinkling my nose.
"Soory." He mumbles.
He swallows down his food and says,
"I'll leave you two alone." He winks at me and leaves.
I roll my eyes and turn back to Trevor.
"Why are you always so happy around me ?" I ask with a giggle.
"Because you make me happy." He replies smiling.
I blush and smile to myself.

***********************************

After about fourty minutes of talking with Trevor, we walk to my locker.
"Are you busy tonight ?" He asks, his hand on the back of his neck.
"Nope. Why ?" I ask.
"Let's go get coffee. My uncle works there and he can get us a free coffee." He says.
"OH. Sounds great !" I say.
"I'll pick you up around 4;30." He smiles.
I nod my head yes.
"I should probably get to class." I say.
"Sure thing." He says.
He moves towards me and hugs me. His arms wrapped around my waist, gripping my tightly. I return the hug and lay my head on his chest. We pull away at the same time. We exchange a smile and go our seperate ways. I walk to class smiling wider than ever before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi ! I hope you enjoyed chapter one. There will be plenty more ! But anyways. If you liked my story, I also have it on this website called Wattpad. So you guys should check it out. I'll be posting this story on BOTH websites. SO here's the link to my profile. ------> http://www.wattpad.com/user/w3ightless