Status: pull up a chair and dig in.

Sinners Never Sleep

step into the party, step out a commotion

The taxicab ride from the airport in Maryland was brutal

Dee was snoring loudly and her body kept rolling on top of me. Everytime I pushed her off, her arms would fly up and smack me. Plus, my back was hurting from the brat in the seat behind me during the flight. He kept kicking the chair.

"Here you are!", the nice taxi driver said before we pulled up to a cute looking house. It was two stories and had flower gardens all around the sides. This was where Lisa grew up..

I shook Dee and got out of the cab. She smacked lips together loudly before she actually got out. We both stretched and yawned as we walked to the trunk of the car where the driver was already there waiting to hand us our luggage.

"Thank you!" I smiled. I paid him and took the bags over to the front door. I waited for Dee to get up to the porch as well before I actually knocked. It only took one knock before the door burst open and we were greeted by my mom. She almost knocked us over with the force of her hug.

"Ohh my babies! I've missed you!" She said into the hug. I smiled. I missed her too.

"We missed you alot too, mom." Dee spoke for the both of us. My mom led us into the living room which was super cozy. Family portraits were everywhere and each one of them had Lisa in the middle. It felt so weird seeing them.

"Your aunt is in the kitchen. We're having a big welcoming dinner for the family. I also heard that Lisa's old boyfriend is coming into town. He's in a band, you know!" My mom said with a grin. She wiggled her eyebrows at the last part.

"Umm...where are our rooms?" I wanted to change the subject. I wasn't in the mood for my mom's matchmaking.

"Oh, of course! They are upstairs. Dee your room is the first door on the left and Kelsey you get the room that is the second door on the right." She said. We began to walk towards the stairs. There were so many family pictures and the walls that lined the stairs were full of them. "Girls, get dressed! Dinner will be ready soon. Put a cute dress on!"

I groaned as my luggages hit every stair on the way up. I didn't want to have some stupid dinner. I wanted to go to sleep, have some family time, and then get home. It didn't feel right being here.

"I'll see you in a bit." Dee said before walking into her room and closing the door. I turned to the opposite side of the hall and opened the door.

The room was all white and there were pink pillows on the nicely made bed. Photos were everywhere. This was Lisa's room. I was in the wrong room. I went into the first door instead of the second. Right before I turned to leave, I saw a wall that had pictures bunched together to form the shape of a heart. All the pictures had Lisa in them with a boy.

This must have been her boyfriend. His hair kept changing throughout all the pictures. In some, his hair covered his eyes and in others it barely covered his whole forehead. He looked cute and so happy. They both did. I felt bad for the guy, I mean having your girlfriend die is terrible.

I felt awkward in the room and I wanted out. I grabbed my luggages and left the room. I went to the next door and entered. This room was much better. The walls were blue and the furniture was all dark wood so it looked really cool. I unpacked and put all my clothes into the closet and into the empty drawers.

I was about to change into my pjs and fall asleep when I realized I still had to go to the stupid dinner thing. I rummaged through all the things I brought until I found the perfect outfit. It was a tan dress that had these small black bird designs all over it. I put a caramel colored belt on over it and I wore some black heels. My accesories were just a pair of black feather earrings and the makeup consisted of a little clear lipgloss and some brown eyeshadow to make it look natural. My hair was looking a bit ratty so I threw it up in a ponytail and ruffled the ends to make it look a bit messy.

I thought the whole outfit was cute. It took me 20 minutes to finish getting ready and it took Dee about the same time because she stepped out of her room the same time I stepped out of mine. Her dress was strapless and pink; very cute.

"Ready?", I asked. She nodded and we both walked down the stairs and into the bustling dining room. Lisa's parents were there, her two brothers and her sister in law, my mom, and this lady I didn't recognize. There were also 4 extra empty seats.

"Girls, you look beautiful!" My mom said before signaling us to sit down.

"So grown up!", Lisa's mom said with a sad smile on her face. I wanted to give her a big hug and tell her everything was going to be okay. Their entire family looked so different. Lisa's brothers weren't their usual loud selves. They were much quieter and barely gave us even a hello.

"Your shoes are beautiful!", the unknown lady said with a smile. She had an English accent and seemed really nice.

"Oh thanks!" I responded. I wanted to ask who she was but was afraid that would be rude.

She read my mind, "I'm Alex's mother."

Who was Alex? "Alex is..." I trailed off.

"Lisa's old boyfriend." She spoke. Her eyes darted to Lisa's parents who didn't seem to be paying attention. I guess it was bad if you said her name. "He should be coming soon. He's in a band, you know."

She was about to start telling me the name of his band when the dining room's door opened. In walked 4 guys in a single file line. The first boy had shortish brown hair and green eyes. His black long sleeved shirt barely contained his arm muscles. He was definitely strong. The next guy had a buzzcute and smiled at everyone nicely. The third guy had a black fohawk and had a blonde streak. He had a goofy grin on his face and was tall and lanky. The last guy had light brown hair with a pink streak in it. He was definitely hot but i almost felt bad for thinking that because of the sad grin on his face.

I recognized him from the pictures. This was Alex, Lisa's boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=54779669 these are their dinner outfits!

Please comment. I really need feedback. I won't upload the next Alex chapter without at least one comment. :/ so please comment, subscribe..