Status: 9/22/12- Character Tab Updated!

What You Work For

It All Started at the First Game...

I shifted around in front of my full length mirror in my bedroom. My dress was on, my hair was done, and my makeup was perfect. Everything was good and ready for me to go. There were only a few things wrong.

None of my siblings were there that night and neither was my fiancé. I mean, I guess it’s not a huge deal seeing as I wasn’t even playing, but it would have been nice to have them. I would have my mom and dad up in the family box, though.

Bidding my parents goodbye with the handing of the press passes, I got into my car to begin the journey to CEC. I really needed my own place.

*****

I pulled into the players’ lot a while later and sat in my car for a minute. Doing what I do best, I pulled out my iPhone and got onto Twitter.

@Olivia00DuPont- Pens fans! You ready for the first preseason game? I know I am! #letsgopens’

It didn’t take long for me to get retweets from a few of my favorite people.

@GabeLandeskog_93- @Olivia00DuPont you should be playing, not watching from the sidelines.’

@RNH_92- @Olivia00DuPont You’d sure be kicking Phoenix’s ass if you were on that ice. Bet you look spectacular…’

Ryan and Gabe always managed to put a smile on my face.

@Olivia00DuPont- Aw shucks, guys. Thanks @GabeLandeskog_93 and @RNH_92. I do look pretty amazing. I’ll post something later! #gametime’

I was doing my hardest to be supportive of the team and our efforts to start the season off on the right foot, but I would be the first to admit, it was hard. I could only imagine how Sid was doing it.

*****

I walked into the locker room to find all the guys still in there suits, talking. Or at least, they were talking until I walked in. The minute I crossed the threshold, the chatter quieted.

“What?” I asked self-consciously. “Do I have something on my face?” I pulled out my phone to look at my reflection.

“No,” Sidney shook his head. He hadn’t retreated up to the box yet. “We’ve, uh, never seen you in something other than shorts and hockey pads.”

“Oh,” I blushed and looked down at my white dress. “Thanks?”

“You pretty tonight, Bug,” Geno said hugging me. “Wish you play.”

I smiled, even though I hated my team nickname. It had been the product of Tyler and Jordan, of course. I was the smallest player on the team and I drove a Volkswagen Bug, so apparently, it fit.

“Thanks, G,” I hugged him back before appraising the hockey players in the room.

“You guys don’t clean up too bad yourselves,” I nodded approvingly. “Your wives and girlfriends did well.”

“I’m single, thank you very much,” TK waved his hand.

“Your mother did a fantastic job,” I joked as the room erupted into laughter.

TK scowled at me before returning to his conversation with Jordan.

I made my way into the bathroom before going in search of Dan to see if there was anything I should be doing. Taking out my phone, I took a picture of my dress in the mirror on the back of the door.

@Olivia00DuPont- First time the guys saw me actually looking like a girl. Pretty sure I went beet red. #notoneoftheguysanymore’

I sure wasn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies! I'd really appreciate some more feedback!

First Game Outfit