Status: Done.

You're Leaving Me Just When I Thought You Were Mine

Try-Outs.

"I got this!" I jump up and spiked the volleyball down causing my team to win. The college's Volleyball team roars as my team runs to me and lifts me up and high fives me.
"Lo-pez! Lo-pez! Lo-pez!"
I start posing stupidly as they lower me back to the ground.
"I've seen you in so many try-outs, what's next, football?" One of the girls smiles at me and walks up to me.
"I just want my options open. So if I don't get into Soccer or Cheer, I'll have an alternative choice." I smiled back and we hear the people talk over us.
"Ladies, very good game. I see potential in a lot of you and I like that."
"We'll post up the results tomorrow outside the school's cafeteria near the Associated Student Center around four in the afternoon. Thank you for trying out." She got her clip board and walked away. One of the other girl looks at me and then whispers to the captain's ear.
I just smile and start to get my gym bag from the bleachers inside the gym.
I head to the showers and go back to my dorm. I lay down on my bed and just smile.
College. Finally.
No parents. No curfews. Just freedom!
Parties, Alcohol, and College Boys.

A perfect life. I loved school. I'm not a nerd, but I tried. I wanted to become a massage therapist. Sounded interesting and everyone always tells me I'm a good massager.
My phone starts to ring and I grabbed it out of my pocket.
"DENISE! Soccer try outs start in like....five minutes!" Vic shouted through the phone.
I jump out of my bed. "Crap! And I just took a shower. I'll be there in live three minutes. I need to get my cleats!" I hang up and search for my cleats everywhere. I dig through my gym bag and then my suit cases and everywhere. I finally found them hanging on one of the poles of my bed. I quickly slap myself and grabbed them. I put them on and run as fast as I can to the stadium.
I run through crowds of students and professors, trying to get there in time.
I see the last girl walk away from the sign up sheet and I sprint faster. I finally arrived, but unfortunately I was too late.

"Next time, be on time." The girl sitting on the table snapped closed the folder and walked away. I sigh of frustration and see Vic putting on his try-out number. I run to him.
"Hey! Where's your number?" He searched for the number on my body.
"I was late," I frowned. "But I'll be cheering you on!" I smiled widely.
He chuckled, "I really wanted you to try-out! You're so good."
"I'm okay. I'm not Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. I wish though."
"They are going to regret not letting you try out." He tied his cleats tighter while talking to me. He was sitting on the floor. I looked at the field, watching the other competition.
"Eh, I tried out for volleyball and basketball already. Cheer try outs are later on tonight. I'm really excited for that." I spotted a guy on the field who was balancing the soccer ball with his foot and doing all these cool tricks. He looked familiar.

"You'll be my cheerleader when I start owning these people on the field. MY field."
I chuckled, "Don't forget Bekah. She was Cheer Captain in high school, remember?" I sang the word and smiled at him.
"Of course I won't forget our Bekah." He smiled and then got up from the ground.
His soccer ball was next to him and he kicked it up.
"Pass it to me." I told him, stepping back.
He passed it to me and I bounced it on my thighs and started juggling it.
Vic couldn't stop smiling. His eyes followed the ball as I did some tricks I learned from my uncles.
"I got this."
I passed him the ball and he started balancing it on his foot and did the around the world trick. I smiled and scooted back so he can toss it to me.
I caught with the my back, bending down. I toss my head up and balanced the ball on my head, looking up and smiling. I then I start juggling it on my thighs again and bounce it to my foot.
We continued this for a couple of minutes, going back and forth. A lot of the guys and girls were watching. I noticed the bitchy girl was part of the crowd.
We finally stopped as they called out his number.
"Good luck!" I shouted and placed my hands on my hips.
"I got this." He clapped his hands together and rubbed them. He then ran to the field.
I stand there for a few seconds and start walking to the stadium to sit down.
I cheered for Vic as he played.
Let me tell you, he's one hell of a soccer player. He was murdering everyone out there.
I leaned on the fence getting really into the game. One of the guy's trying out looked up at me. I waved shyly and he flashes me a smile and waves back.
Then it hit me, he was the guy from the party last night. I hooked up with him, we played a game that consisted of suck a card and passing it around with no hands and he purposely stopped suck on it before I could get ahold of it and he started kissing me.
I smiled as he continued playing.

After the try out, I go back to Vic and give him a high five.
"You're definitely getting in! I guarantee." I pulled out of the hug and looked at him.
"I'm pretty confident, but I don't want to jinx it."
We sat on the grass and watched the other's try out. I look up and blocked the sun from eyes so I can get a closer look at him. He had short lengthy brown hair, had his lip pierced and was scrawny looking but then I got a closer look at his arms. He was pretty cute. He had a little kid's smile.
"Bro, you killed it out there." He gave Vic a bro hand shake and sat down next to us. I stood quiet and just continued looking at the second game.
"You were bad ass. You played soccer in high school?" Vic scratched his head, while staring at the field.
"Yeah, all four years. Varsity also. You?" He looked at me, and I pretended to look at the game and turned my head to see him.
"I'm Shane." He stretched his hand out. I shook it.
"Denise." I smiled and looked back at the game.
"Four years also. Varsity for three years." Vic responded and took a sip of water from his bottle.

"What about you?" He looked at me and I turn my head to him.
"I was that preppy cheerleader in high school." I clapped my hands together twice and put them up in the air and he smiled.
"I saw you juggling the ball. You have to know how to play." He placed his arms on his knees that were spread apart on the grass.
"Ah, I never played in high school because our team sucked. I only played with Vic and his brother at the parks."

He engaged a conversation with Vic and I whilst watching the third group try out.
I kept making funny comments and Vic would laugh.
Shane would just smile and glance at me every now and then.
The try outs ended and the coach spoke to the guys trying out.
I ran my hand through my hair trying to put it up in a pony tail and staring at Shane.
I sorta don't remember much because I was a bit drunk. But I started remembering little by little.

Vic and Shane started walking to me and I got off the ground.
"So when will you find out?" I wiped the grass from the back of my shorts.
"They just announced who made it." Shane looked at Vic.
"You're looking at the two new soccer players for this school's team." Vic gave Shane a bro fist pound.
"No way?" I got excited. "I request the highest of fives to both you gentlemen." I lifted both my arms up and the high fived me.
"You would've made it on the team too, Denny."
"You didn't try out?" Shane said after closing the cap of his water bottle.
"I was late to sign up, but I don't mind. There's always cheer."
"Well my friends and I are gonna play soccer for a bit. You and Vic should come play with us. I want to see how good you play."
"I'm down. What about you, Den?"
"I have to finish unpacking....but it wouldn't hurt to play."
"Great. We're playing at the park across the street at five. I'll see you guys later then." He said bye to Vic and then stretched his hand out to me. I reached and shook it.
"It was nice meeting you guys." He was still holding on to my hand. I couldn't help but give him a shy smile. I got another flash back of last and my smile grew wider. He finally let go after awhile and walked away.

Vic just looked at me, one hand on his hip, smiling and pulling on his bottom lip with his other hand. "He wants you."
I erupted into a laugh and started walking away.
"You want him also, don't you?" He started to walk next to me. I just ignored the question.
"Let's go find Bekah. We have cheer try outs in a few hours."
"Aw, come on. You're not gonna tell me?" He put both his hands on his chest. "Your best friend since forever?"
"It's embarrassing!" I looked around the campus as we made our way to the dorms.
"So you have a crush on him?"
"Not-well," I sigh. "Well remember last night how I ha to go do something?"
"You ditched Bek and I for a party didn't you!" He playfully slapped my arm and I laughed.
"You asked!" I replied.
"So you met him at the party or what?"
"You can say that." I started to blush an talk softer.
"YOU HOOKED UP WITH HIM!?" He finally got it through his head.
"W-we just kissed. I think that's it. I was drunk. Kind of. I-I only remember certain things." I scratched my head as I stuttered.
He just stood quiet while still smiling.
"Denny," He began.
"I'm single. I'm allow to hook up with guys. Not like in a bad way but hey. College boys. Yum."

He chuckled and we got to my dorm.
"Ready for cheer try outs?" I told Bekah, who was on the floor looking through her bag of clothes.
"Yeah, I just can't find m--" she pulled out her favorite pair of shorts from her duffle bag that was near her bed. I sat down on my bed as Vic laid back on Bek's bed. "Found it!"
"Your lucky shorts. Now let's go! I'm hungry."
"Did you know Denny ditched us last night for a party?" Vic informed Bekah and she snapped her head at me.
"I-I...screw you Vic!" I threw him my stuffed bear and laid down on my bed, facing the ceiling.
"She also hooked up with a guy named Shane who's playing soccer with me. She likes him." He teased and I threw him another animal.
"Can you like shut up?"
"Well, you should expect that from her. I mean, she was a party animal like Mike." Beks leaned back and was lying down on Vic's small body and looking through her phone.
"So can we go eat now?" I reminded them and my stomach growled.
"Yes!" They both got up and we walked out.

"As long as you don't have a baby or some sort of STD, I'm fine with it!" Bekah yelled from as she change.
"Oh, hush!" I shouted out of embarrassment.
"Do you want to get something to eat or not?" She said coming out, of the closet in her shorts.
"Well uh-" Vic started to speak, sat up from her bed, and his mouth was open as she walked out. I laughed and threw a pillow at him.
"You were saying, Vic?"
"Yeah! Let's go to that diner we went to last night. Even thought a certain someone wasn't there last night." He laughed.

Bekah and Vic laughed and I stayed silent. After they were done holding their stomachs as they laughed we headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, whoo!!
Tell us what you think!!