This

Douze

Sam strummed a little with her acoustic guitar, trying to get a nice melody for a song she had in mind. Normally she did these things with Cass, but she knew that it had been slightly awkward since the necklace incident. She didn’t really know if it was because of her or because of her band, but she wasn’t as talkative as before. She hated the pity looks they sent her way. It infuriated her to no end.

With a little bit of haste, she pushed the guitar to the side and snatched her iPod, slamming the door open with newfound rage. She didn’t even know why she was mad, so she ignored the calls of her friends. She felt like punching a wall, even if that fucked up her hand and the tour. She would rather be at home, with her dad, playing some Pink Floyd vinyl on the living room as they played some card game.

There was a sudden grip at her heart and the inevitable urge to cry, the back of her eyes burning. Her necklace was all that was left of her mother’s family, and it was broken. Absolutely broken beyond repair. She felt like it was her own fault. If she hadn’t gone out and carelessly let it drop on the pavement when she saw One Direction…

Her fists clenched and a scream offered to leave her throat, so she walked briskly back to the van and her friends stood.

“Sam?” Cass frowned.

“Sam, are you crying?” Viv put a hand on her shoulder, which the blonde shrugged off.

“Samantha, what the hell is going on?” Mya demanded, her hand shooting to her friend, but the girl only snarled at her, grabbing the baseball bat and her bag and walking out.

“Sam, NO!” Cass called.

She just ignored her friends and ran out, missing them as she turned a corner close to the street where the door behind the building was. With ire, she took out her flute and smashed it against the ground, the silver instrument breaking slightly. Raising the bat, she drifted it to the ground and it shattered, just like her grandmother’s necklace.

Tears sprung from her eyes as her favorite instrument broke before her, the metal bat making a huge sound as it connected with the ground slightly. Her screams muffled anything else, and the grip on her heart only tightened. There was really the last piece of her that was left. If she were to have only one thing, then she would have nothing. Nothing to worry about. She had to break it before One Direction did, before Harry Styles did.

“FUCK YOU!” she shouted. “FUCK YOU AND YOUR PROMISES, NIALL!”

She sobbed as she remembered her brother, the one who had given her the very same flute. His name was the reason she dropped the necklace, his name was the reason why she couldn’t look at the blonde on in One Direction without feeling the familiar burn in her eyes. It was his fault. It was all his fucking fault.

“I HATE YOU!” She sobbed again.

“Hey!”

“I FUCKING HATE YOU!”

Just as she was about to break absolutely the entire instrument, a hand grabbed her wrist and her entire self froze. The bat dropped, her screams stopped, her throat burned and sobs racked her body.

“Hey,” an Irish accented voice made her turn, his blue eyes only managing to make her even sadder. “Are you okay?”

Sam chocked out a sob and shook her head, her lower lip trembling as fresh tears began to trail down her cheeks. Momentarily forgetting who he was, in which band he was, and what his name was, she lunged herself into his arms, her eyes moving to hide on his shoulder. His figure froze slightly before it moved, wrapping his strong arms around her. His hand drifted to her hair, stroking it softly as she cried out loud. Everything was just too much to bare, too much for her.

Niall could only make soothing sounds as the girl clung onto him. He didn’t know what was wrong. He didn’t know if it had been about the necklace or about something else. Hell, he didn’t even know why she was crying on the first place. But it felt like it was his duty to calm her down. After all, it was probably Harry’s fault.

“Hey, it’s okay,” he muttered into her ear, her platinum blond hair tickling his nose slightly. He smelled for a moment the scent of old leather and what smelled like old books before he realized it was her. It made him smile. Never had he met a girl who smelled like that. It was a nice change. “What’s wrong?”

“E-everything,” she sobbed, her nails digging into his back. “I c-can’t do anything right, I c-can’t be n-normal for o-once, I d-don’t even have the c-c-courage to call my b-brother…”

Niall pursed his lips and hugged her tighter to him.

“It’s not your fault,” he resolved into saying.

“Yes it is,” she cried.

“No, you listen to me,” he pulled away to grasp her face, and that’s when he froze.

Normally, when girls cried, it made him feel sick. No girl should be crying over anything. Girls seemed uglier than they really were when they cried. Her eyes would puff, her lips would tremble and her face would redden and make them seem like a little child. But the woman he had in front of him right now wasn’t ugly at all, not even as tears streamed down her face.

Her brown eyes were puffed, yes, but they only made them pop out in contrast with her hair. Freckles dotted her face, over her button nose, reminding him of the song Ed Sheeran had given him, his hand on the offered skin that was from her lifted shirt burning his fingers all of a sudden. Her parted lips were trembling as much as he though, and they were the pinkest shade he had even seen in his life. It made his heart stop right then.

She was absolutely beautiful.

“Listen to me,” he managed to said, though it sounded slightly squeaky. “It’s not your fault. It is not your fault, okay? Everyone makes mistakes, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t make them right. I have done a lot of them in my life, and I’m sure you’ve done less than me. If something bad happened, it doesn’t have to be your fault. You don’t have to blame yourself, Sam.”

“I don’t?” she sniffed, her tears stopping.

“No,” he smiled softly, his eyes drifting briefly to her lips before they went again to her eyes, hoping that she hadn’t seen.

“B-but… the necklace…” her chocolate orbs turned sad again and Niall sighed, a force possessing him to press his forehead against her. He inhaled again and his insides turned to mush when parchment and leather filled his nostrils.

“I can assure you, Sam, it’s not your fault.”

She pulled her lips in front a moment before her breath turned to normal and her legs gave in, the blue eyed boy barely catching her as she fell. The back of her neck fell against his arm, exposing her throat more than usual, and Niall had the urge to kiss it. Pushing his other arm on the back of her knees, he pulled her up and stared at her face as it rested against his shoulder, her hands cradled on her stomach. He smiled briefly before he turned around, towards the vans.

He had never met a girl as beautiful as her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Best. Chapter. EVER.