This

Treize

Cass sat with the girls in the bus, wondering what had gotten into Sam. Even though her outburst had been a few days ago, Cass couldn’t shake the incident from her mind. It wasn’t like Sam to be so angry and frankly she was worried about the girl. Ever since the necklace had been broken, she hadn’t been the same.

Grabbing her bag, Cass opened a side pocket where she had stuck the newly re-made pendant. It was nowhere near what it had been, but she had managed to put it together in a way that was still beautiful. The three shards had been filed down until they were smooth and then polished, wrapped in some of the salvageable metal pieces she had tried to make it similar to the original. Even though it was now three teardrop shaped stones and curled metal, she hoped Sam would like it. All it needed was a chain.

Sighing, she looked over to the other girls. Mya and Viv were chatting at the table while Rosie fixed her nails. They seemed to have moved on past the outburst, but Cass couldn’t. Shaking her head, she undid the clasp of her necklace. Slipping the little pearl pendant off the silver chain, she replaced it with the one she’d made for Sam. Maybe it would cheer her up, give her back a piece of what had been taken from her.

Opening another pocket of her bag, she looked for the little box that had been in there. After rummaging through make-up and crumpled paper, she found it. The little silver box had held a pair of earrings that Cass had gotten from her father after her parents divorced. It was the last thing he’d ever given her before moving three thousand miles away and breaking off contact.

Biting her lip, she put the new pendant and chain in the box. Cass was glad the other girls were pre-occupied, she didn’t want to explain what she was doing. It wasn’t that she didn’t want their opinions on the pendant, but more that she just wanted to get it to Sam.

Pulling out a piece of paper, she wrote a quick note.

‘I know it’s not the same, but I used the old necklace to make something new… Sorry I couldn’t fix it.

Xoxo, Cassy.’


Folding the note, she put the box in Sam’s bunk and left the bus, she just wanted to take a walk and clear her mind. She felt horrible that she couldn’t fix the necklace, but she had tried her damnedest.
Walking into the venue, she could hear voices down the hall and figured the boys were doing their sound check, so she just ducked into a dressing room. She didn’t want to deal with Styles or Tomlinson. The other boys were somewhat bearable, but those two made her blood boil.

Falling onto the sofa in the room, she let out a groan. Everything about the tour thus far had sucked. Even the pranks that had been pulled weren’t enough to up her spirits. It was just a depressing feeling that she was stuck here with the boys of One Direction, while her band mate seemed to be falling apart in front of their eyes. There was nothing she could do about it and she was frustrated and worried and just overwhelmed.

She had spent weeks working on the necklace, stressing herself out over it, and she just hoped that Sam would like it. Still, a bit of her was worried about what would happen if Sam didn’t. Cass didn’t think she could handle it. The idea that her best wasn’t good enough.

Shaking her head, she thought, “Of course it won’t be good enough. My best wasn’t good enough for my dad, why would it be good enough for Sam?”

Tears started to well up in her green eyes as her thoughts found their way to her dad. He had been her role model. He had been her guiding voice, but he just left her. He gave her up for a twenty something blond bimbo that he cheated on Cass’s mother with. Cass wasn’t a good enough reason for him to stay.

As the first tear fell down her cheek, she heard the door open. Wiping her cheek with the sleeve of her grey shirt, she looked over to find Louis Tomlinson. His blue eyes fell on her and suddenly she wanted to just disappear. She already felt bad enough, she didn’t need him to make it worse and she was sure he would. For a moment they just stared at each other, neither moving or making a sound.

“Are you alright?” Louis asked, finally breaking the silence.

“Just peachy,” Cass snapped, even though her puffy, red eyes said differently.

“Well, you don’t look it.”

“Oh shove it, Tomlinson,” she said as she sat correctly on the sofa, her arms crossing. “I’m not it the mood for your snarky remarks.”

Looking around, Louis clicked the door all the way shut and turned the lock. Making his way to the sofa, he sat down beside Cass a genuine look of concern on his face. His hand brushed her shoulder, the warmth of his skin penetrating the thing fabric of her shirt with ease.

“I’m not making any snarky remarks,” he told her, “I’m asking if you’re alright.”

Cass turned to him with a look of suspicion. “Why do you even care?” She asked with a slight sniffle as she tried to stop her tears from falling.

“Because, Harry broke your friends necklace and you didn’t bat an eye, I put a hole in a pair of your shorts a week ago and you acted like it was supposed to be there, I signed my name to your Ramones shirt yesterday and you didn’t even cry even though it was ruined for good,” he told her still looking concerned. “Now you’re sitting in a room by yourself. Crying. It just doesn’t sit right.”

“I don’t need your pity, Tomlinson,” Cass hissed getting up from the sofa. “I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself and I don’t need you to feel sorry for me.”

Unlocking the door, she left the room, but Louis trailed after her. She upped her pace and went back on the bus to find the girls were gone. Sighing, she went to her bunk only to find the box she had placed in Sam’s on her own bed. The color drained from her face, it wasn’t good enough.

As her fingers touched the silver box, someone entered the bus, but Cass was beyond being able to see who it was, the tears in her eyes clouding her vision. A warm hand touched her back as she sobbed, she didn’t know what to think.

“Cassidy,” his voice said, “What is going on?”

“I’m just never good enough,” she sobbed, turning to face Louis.

Louis’ face scrunched up in confusion as he took the box from Cass’s hand. “All the crying over an empty box?” He asked as he opened the little container to see just the shiny bottom.

“Empty?” Cass shouted, grabbing the box from his hand to see that he was indeed telling the truth. Nothing was in the box. A bubble of laughter escaped her throat as she stared at the shiny surface. “It’s empty.”

As she broke out in a fit of laughter, Louis’ looked on at her with a furrowed brow. “You are one odd bird, Capistrante,” he said as she grabbed onto his shirt and smiled.

“I thought she’d hated it,” she said as her forehead rested against his chest. Then she realized who she was talking to. Instantly, she stepped back, letting go of the cotton shirt. Shaking her head, she said, “You have to go.”

Pushing him back, she gently guided him to the door and got him off the bus. Standing outside, she hoped the girls hadn’t seen anything while she nudged him away.

“Why do I have to go?” Louis asked, still confused.

“Because we hate each other,” she told him before she hurried off to the venue more confused than she’d ever been before.

As she ran into the girls Sam’s arms wrapped around her. A smile was on her face for the first time in a while. Pulling away, Sam touched the new pendant, her fingertips lightly pulling at the metal.

“It’s beautiful, Cass,” Sam said. “Thank you.”

Image

Louis rubbed the back of his neck as he made his way to the boy's dressing room. He couldn't understand that girl. He was nice to her, but she still hated him. He was trying to be nice. Shaking his head, he walked into the dressing room to find the boys chatting. Liam looked over to see him in his confused state.

"Something wrong mate?" The boy asked.

"Not with me," Louis said, unusually serious as he took a seat on the sofa.

Liam looked at the boy with a hint of confusion, but let it drop as the boys got back into their conversation. Louis didn't pay much attention though, his thoughts were stuck on the confusing girl that walked away from him just minutes earlier. He didn't know why he cared so much, but for some reason he did. He just didn't like seeing her cry and something about that scared him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... Cass is a little dramatic... :/ But I wanted Louis to have a sweet moment.

He's too adorable to be mean all the time...

SEE!! Adorable.