This

Quatre

Vivian had only been in Cassy’s seat at the table for ten minutes before she and Mya were glaring at each other through narrowed eyes. This always happened; the girls took turns winning and losing, and they got terribly competitive. Mya had a temper, and Viv knew it, so she would make small, often sassy, comments to egg the other girl on. It didn’t help that Sam, at Viv’s side, was getting a kick out of every minute of it, cheering for them in turns. It was all in good fun, but they would undoubtedly end up throwing cards at each other (possibly accompanied by shouting and accusations of cheating) before all was said and done.

“Come on, let’s make this interesting,” Viv said finally. Mya’s narrowed eyes were questioning, and she continued. “Since we’re not betting, let’s add a… consequence. We’ll set one at the beginning of each round, and the loser has to do it. Fair?”

“No, no!” Rosie was crossing the room to join them now. “Truth or dare.”

For just a moment, Vivian’s eyes widened. Truth or dare was never a good idea with Audacious Amour – the girls loved each other, but they were vicious. After a second of deliberation, though, she shrugged.

“I’m in.”

“Me, too,” Mya responded, a mischievous look on her face. “I’m not scared – Cass isn’t playing!” Through laughter, Viv shivered. Cass was definitely the scariest one to play with. She was a troublemaker through and through, and she liked to make you squirm.

“I heard that!”

“Love you, Cassy!” Viv called back. “Now, Mya, let’s do this.”

Ten minutes later, they were both wishing they hadn’t done this, but neither one would back down. Mya had been made to confess all the details of her first suspension (it had involved a duck, three sporks, a drumstick, and a shoelace), and Viv was dripping wet from stepping into the shower fully clothed. Her “waterproof” eyeliner had failed her, because it was currently smeared down her face. The most recent dare had been Vivian getting back at Mya by making her call Simon and literally sing his praises. Viv was in stitches all through the next hand – to which she attributed her subsequent loss.

“Alright, Mya, do your worst!” she pouted, taking deep breaths to contain her continuing laughter. Mya’s brown eyes were blazing.

“Truth, or dare?”

“Dare.” Vivian never picked “truth”. The spoken reason was that “truth” was for cowards, and that she was tough enough to take whatever the other girls dished out. As she met her band mate’s eyes, though, she wasn’t so sure she would like what she was getting herself into.

“I dare you,” Mya said lowly, “to sneak over to One Direction’s bus – in these wet clothes, mind you – and steal one of the boys’ shirts.”

Vivian’s green eyes went wide, and the whole bus went silent as everyone gaped at Mya.

“That’s cold, Mya,” Viv said flatly as she rose to her feet, heading into the bathroom.

“Where the hell are you going?!”

“I’m washing my face, bitch!” Mya hadn’t said anything about washing her face.

Image


“Zayn! You want something to eat?” Niall's voice rang out loudly as he stuck his head inside the bus.

“I’m good," Zayn answered without moving from his bunk.

“Fine,” answered the other boy. “But you’re not getting any o’ my crisps, hear?”

Zayn rolled his eyes, knowing that Niall knew that he’d take those crisps if he damn well pleased, even if he had to corner Niall with a Nerf gun to do it. The Irishman pretended that he knew no such thing, though, and glared at Zayn as he exited the bus to rejoin Harry. Liam was in the back lounge of the bus now, using the down time to get on Twitter and Tumblr. Louis, on the other hand, was scribbling furiously in a notebook at the table.

"Scheming, mate?" The other boy said nothing, but there was a twinkle in his blue eyes as he looked up at his band mate. Zayn laughed lightly. These girls didn't know what they were in for. They were starting trouble with One Direction, and One Direction wasn't going to take it. "Shame, isn't it?" he said suddenly. "If they were anybody else, and weren't determined to make our lives hell, I'm sure they'd be quite fit."

"But they're them, and they are determined, and they're rather like a group of cave trolls," Louis responded sassily.

"Lou!" Liam's scolding voice came from the back.

"What?" Zayn laughed again at the innocence on Louis' face. He wasn't fooling anyone, and he knew it. With a contented sigh, Zayn laid back and shut his eyes. It was going to be a long tour.

Image


@AudaciousViv: Next time, I'm making @CaptnCassAmour keep playing. Don't be fooled, everyone - Mya's a vicious beast. But I'll get her back! #vengefultweet

With a slight snarl, Vivian slid her phone into her still-damp pocket as she made her way across the parking lot to the second bus. She had to duck behind a trash can to avoid being seen by two of the One Direction boys as they made their way towards the petrol station, and that did little to help her mood. After what seemed like an hour of sneaking, though, she made her way to the door of the bus and opened it slowly, glancing around like a thief in the night. Her eyes widened as she stepped onto the bus, seeing no one in the front section. Were they really all out?

Crouching as if someone could possibly see through the heavily tinted windows, Viv crossed to the bunks, glancing underneath the first to see the bag. Biting her lip at the thought of zippers, she raised herself up to peek into the bunk itself, thinking that surely the group of boys would be messy enough to have clothes in the bunks.

She wasn't expecting to be met with a wide pair of caramel brown eyes, and the sight made her let out a shout as she fell back onto her bum in surprise. The boy in the bunk shouted as well.

"What the bloody hell are you doing in here?" He had clearly just woken up, and Vivian cursed her luck. She cursed more than that when footsteps came from the back lounge.

"What's wrong with you, Za - ah!"

Viv stuck up her nose defiantly, sneering at the boys. "Are you quite finished screaming like little girls?"

The boy in the bunk - Zayn - glared at her. "You screamed, too, you know."

"But I am a girl."

"Really?" This was the other boy, Louis. "I thought you were a cave troll."

"It's true," Zayn said flatly as Louis pushed past, heading off the bus and shouting about privacy and intruders. "He said as much earlier. He has a point - you seem rather like one."

Vivian narrowed her seafoam green eyes in contempt, but her voice was devoid of anger. It was rather dull, holding a sort of elitist amusement. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind,” she quoted pointedly. "You and your friend fall into the latter."

The boy in the bunk looked at her with bored eyes. "Really? You're going to quote Dr. Suess at me? How intimidating."

Viv sneered, but she was rather surprised he knew the quote. She decided to try again. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Zayn furrowed his brows, and Vivian grinned triumphantly.

"Martin Luther King, Jr.," she informed him condescendingly as she nicked from him the shirt he'd been using as a pillow. "I win this round." With a slight strut - the one she knew to be utterly distracting - she started toward the front of the bus, stopping when three boys ambled onto the vehicle.

"Oh, you're still here," Louis said acerbically. Harry, beside him, glared, but Niall was looking away, as if trying to avoid the confrontation. Vivian was ready to shoot back at the "Sassmaster" with an equally sassy comment, but as she opened her mouth, so did the bus driver.

"Off we go!" Viv's eyes widened in horror and she shoved past the three boys standing in her way. The driver cut off her pleas and explanations with an abrupt, "Not stopping for another two hours."

With a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach and her spine drawn up rigidly, Vivian pulled out her phone, wiping the water droplets from the screen protector.

@AudaciousViv: You have GOT to be kidding me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little longer than I'd planned, but here goes! Meet Viv.