This

Huit

Cass stood in front of a mirror, pushing her hair up into a ponytail, waiting for the opening acts to finish their sets. Her black hair fought the binder as her bangs escaped its hold and fell onto her face, she didn’t mind though, her thoughts were somewhere else. The boys of One Direction, particularly Harry, needed to be taught a lesson. It was just figuring out what to do to them.

Pulling out her phone, she sent out a tweet.

@CaptnCassAmour: The boys of One Direction are in for trouble. Hope they’re prepared to face the consequence of @Harry_Styles actions.

Pushing her phone back into her pocket, Cass pulled out the broken necklace from her bag. She had collected all the pieces from the stage and it looked beyond fixing, but maybe it could be made into something new. The stone was broken into three main shards, the edges were jagged, but with a nail file she figured she could soften them; the metal was dented and the chain was beyond saving, but she knew she could still use it.

Grabbing a seat at the table, she got to work. Sketching a few designs, she figured out what it would look like and put the pieces away. The opening acts had finished their sets and it was now time for the girls to play.

Pulling her guitar on, she smiled. The stage was the one place she felt at home, she had been on it since she was seven and had to start recitals for her violin lessons. After a year of lessons, she was playing fairs and certain family events, she was a natural musician. Following Rosie and Sam, she stepped on the stage and was greeted by the divided crowd. Some boo’d and others cheered, but it didn’t matter they were on stage and it was going to be a great show.

Watching from side stage, Louis frowned. The girls had stage presence and there was no denying it, but he wished he could. After the incident at rehearsal he wanted nothing more than for them to quit. It seemed like they should, but there they were on stage firing up the crowd. He couldn’t even fathom how anyone liked their music. The guitarist wasn’t anything special, though he did have to admit that some of the riffs were good, and the vocalist was mediocre. It didn’t make sense to Louis how they had so many fans. Walking away from the stage, he went to sit with the boys.

“Can you believe that Cassy girl?” Harry asked as he looked at his phone. “Sending out a tweet like that.”

“She’s just as rotten as that Sam,” Louis stated, grabbing the open spot next to his curly haired friend.

“Now quit that would you?” Niall began from his seat across from the two boys. “You broke her gran’s necklace. Ain’t that enough?”

“After everything they’ve said and done to us?” Harry looked at the boy in disbelief. “No, I might feel bad about her necklace, but I still think they deserve the trouble.”

“Those birds are only getting what’s coming to ‘em,” Louis said, his head bobbing as he agreed with Harry. “It’s called Karma.”

“No, you’re acting like spoiled brats,” Niall snapped, his arms crossing defensively over his chest as his voice bounced off the white walls. “And I don’t want any part in this. I don’t like to see people cryin’, even them girls.”

“Oh, Nialler. Come off it,” Louis began with a shake of his head while he shifted on the black couch. “It’s not a big deal.”

“Louis, it is a big deal, it was her gran’s necklace. She’s probably devastated and angry and I don’t want to get caught in the cross fire of yours and Harry’s fight,” Niall said getting up from his chair and starting for the door. “It’s not worth it.”

Stunned, Louis watched the blond boy leave, mumbling to Harry, “I wonder what’s got his panties in a bunch.”

Walking off stage, drenched in sweat the girls found a place to relax. It had been a great performance and even some of the Directioners cheered. Cass grabbed a spot beside Mya on a black couch and leaned in close. She had a plan for the night, but she needed a little help.

“How do you feel about singing tonight?” she asked the girl.

“I don’t know why?”

“I want to turn off Harry’s mic at the part where he has the solo in What Makes You Beautiful, and if you’re up for it, turn on the one you’ll have and have you sing as badly as possible something else,” she explained. “And I mean anything else, like ‘I’m blue da ba dee da ba die’ or ‘I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world’. The less sense it makes the better.”

“It won’t make up for what he did to Sam’s necklace,” Mya whispered back her hair cascading over her shoulder.

“No, but it’s a start. Plus, he could use a little public humiliation to deflate that ego,” Cass replied, leaning back she let Mya think about it. It was going to be the start of a long list of things Cass had thought of to do to the boys. Nothing seemed good enough to punish them, but she felt she had to do something.

“Alright, I’ll do it, but you owe me one,” Mya stated agreeing to help her friend. The two shook on the plan and sat silently until the song started.

Quickly Cass hurried to the sound booth while Mya grabbed a mic and hid backstage. After a quick flirting with the sound tech, Cass ‘accidently’ pushed the sound on Harry’s mic to zero and brought Mya’s up to the level it needed to be. Her voice filled the venue as she sang in the wrong key, choosing Aqua’s I’m a Barbie Girl. Harry’s face went white when he heard it over the speakers, the crowd was silent and the Amoureuxs laughed harder than even Cass and Mya. As the song finished the boys hurried off, Harry marched backstage. His curly hair bouncing with every fierce step, Louis followed behind a scowl twitching on his lips.

“How dare you,” Harry screamed, his green eyes blazing.

Having just gotten back Cass and Mya still laughed a bit, but at the sight of Harry’s face they stopped.

“That was horribly unnecessary,” Louis stated his tone vicious and scolding.

“Yeah, well so was breaking Sam’s necklace,” Cass snapped, “You get what you give.”

Harry remained silent, the twitching of his lips the only sign that he had something to say, but he held back. Louis on the other hand marched over to the girl, his eyes livid. Grabbing a fistful of her shirt he pulled her close.

“You are starting something that you won’t want to finish,” he growled, his blue eyes boring into Cass’s green ones. He was close enough that she could smell the peppermint of his breath and see the strain in his jaw.

“Actually you guys started it,” Cass hissed leaning closer, their noses almost touching. “I’m just going to finish it.” Backing away, she pulled his hand from her vintage Kiss shirt and smiled. “You’re welcome.”

Zayn, Liam and Niall all stared on in disbelief. The girl had just one uped Louis; that never happened. Louis was at a loss, she was right. They had started the whole mess with a few simple words uttered by Harry. Backing away from the girl, he bumped into the curly haired boy. Shaking her head, Cass walked over to the girls.

“Well, that’s a start,” Sam stated, clearly still upset about the necklace incident.

“It’s only the start,” Cass stated bumping the girl lightly with her shoulder. “They are in for more than that, I’m going to make sure that Harry Styles knows exactly how you feel. If that means tossing all of his clothes into a pool, putting itching powder in his underwear, or breaking one of his prized possessions, I will do it.”

Sam smiled and bumped the girl back, “Only if I get to help.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Nodding, they had reached an understanding. The torture of Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction was only starting, the boys had no idea what was about to happen to them and Cass liked it that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.