Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

be nice to the teacher

He was tall, lean, and slightly tense. He walked in as if to quiet down the crowd. He made his way towards the board without making an contact.

In perfect manuscript, he began writing his name.

Mr. Horan.

His shoulders were straight and toned, as if he had just came from the gym. He felt eyes on his back as the students hushed down. He ignored their stares and began writing the agenda of the class.

Once the first bell rang, the class was surprisingly full. Mr. Horan looked onto his schedule and sat down on the lumpy chair provided near his oak desk.

A few minutes on the second bell, Aubry walked in with her hair in front of her eyes. She didn't realize how her classmates gave her a look as she stepped in through the silence.

"You're late," Mr. Horan said, still looking down at his papers. He gave himself a puzzled look before gluing his eyes on her. "What's your name?"

"Aubry."

"Ah yes. Aubry Mitchel," Mr. Horan said slowly. He swallowed, showing off a small vain mark on the side of his neck before he coughed. "Late."

Aubry rolled her eyes and got to her seat. She felt the atmosphere changed as she was the center of attention at the moment.

"Please turn to page 103 of Night," Mr. Horan announced as he pulled out his own copy. He scanned the room as the students all obeyed.

"From what you all have read from your pervious teacher, Mrs. Copes, what do you think is in Elie's mind at the moment?"

His voice was a mixture of morphing liquid and electric. The sound was intriguing through Aubry’s dull ears. His voice was as if underwater, going against the bright sun.

Mr. Horan looked over the heads leaning down. He almost smiled, thinking they haven't read it yet.

"Aubry," Mr. Horan called. "What do you think Elie Wiesel is conveying at this moment?"

Aubry looked up, finding she was the hit with the attention once again.

"I think Elie is mind fucked right now," she spit out, not realizing her class was shaking with laughter.

Aubry bit down on her bottom lip, watching as Mr. Horan's expression was the same as before. He pursed his lips, eying Aubry lightly.

"Aubry, stay after class," Mr. Horan said firmly turning back at the board. He began writing on the chalk board as he glanced between the book and his writing.

A few murmurs went around, but Aubry blocked them. She kept her head down, sketchy in her spiral notebook.

As Mr. Horan placed the piece of chalk between his fingers down, the bell's voice broke before his. He sighed softly, pursing his lips. He let the lunch announcements echo through the classroom as the students started to gather their things.

"Please finish the rest of the book for homework and come back with two critical thinking questions. I suggest you do the homework, we might have a quiz," Mr. Horan said before they all started to ignore his voice. "Aubry stay," he remembered loudly.

Aubry gripped her novels close to her chest as she waited for the aisle to clear up. Her shoulder bag was on the edge of falling off as she felt a light tap go against it.

"Be careful with him," a girl in the same class whispered. She swiftly took a glance at Mr. Horan and back at Aubry. "I wouldn't want to be a lone with him if I were you."

Aubry shrugged her shoulders. "It's no big deal."

Her eyes widen once she realized how laid back Aubry was about it. "Don't say I didn't warn you. I hear he's kind of sneaky."

"I'll be fine," Aubry whispered. "It'll probably about my response during class."

"You won't be," she whispered. "with him."

"Piper," Aubry remembered her name. "Why are you doing this? I barely talk to you."

"I don't give a flying fuck if I just met you. I know trouble once I see it," Piper breathed. "And you're in for the ride."

Aubry sighed, shaking her head lightly. She brought her head down, biting on her lower lip, listening to the footsteps fade. She clutched onto her books as she remained silent.

"Do you want to graduate?" Mr. Horan asked solemnly.

Aubry nodded, still looking down.

"You have to pass this class to do that," he said.

Aubry found Mr. Horan packing his suitcase, filling it with stacks of crumpled, worn out papers. She looked up. "And I will."

"I didn't appreciate your attitude towards your classmates."

"It wasn't like I was targeting on someone," Aubry breathed. "You asked me my thoughts and I told you what I was thinking."

"I want you to show some respect. You're lucky I didn't call the head office."

"I'm not afraid of them."

"You're afraid of something, Aubry. I could tell, and I will get to the bottom of it if it'll help you do better in this class."

"I'm doing fine in this class," Aubry argued.

"That's exactly what your last English teacher said," Mr. Horan said, surprised as well. "Mrs. Copes said you were one of her top students."

"Then I can graduate," Aubry said. As she walked towards the door, she rolled her eyes slightly.

"Unless I stop you at it."

Aubry turned back, pursing her lips. "I need to."

"Change that attitude of yours and maybe you will," Mr. Horan pressed. He signed softly, licking his lips.

"I will."

"Aubry," he said. "From the looks of it, you seem like a good student. You just need to cut the crap so it'll be easier for both of us."

Aubry walked out, before flipping him off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought of this when I was watching the Olympics the other day. I have no clue how a student teacher story came out of beach volleyball yesterday.

Niall is too cute.
Image
Image

Comment, subscribe and recommend! :)