Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

out of touch, out of love

Dj?” Aubry gasped, taking one more good look at her small friend. She shut her eyes, feeling like this was just a glimpse of her imaginary when it just wasn’t. She was feeling bittersweet at the moment. A part of her was pissed at Dj for not telling her about Zayn, the other part was in glee because she knew this was a decent time to find more about her and Zayn’s history.

“What are you doing here?” Aubry whispered, as she nervously bit down on her lower lip. Her fingers were clung closely to her side, almost glued, to keep her calm. Her eyes darted from Dj and to Zayn. They were both surprisingly quiet. Their heads were low, probably in a deep thought.

Aubry sighed, “Anyone of you want to fill me in and tell me something I don’t know yet?” It came out harsher than she intended. She didn’t mean to sound so… rasping.

Dj crushed her eyebrows together and took a good look at her friend. Up and down, Dj set her jaw. “What the hell are you talking about?”

She was defiantly having some mood swings. In a minute or two, Aubry guessed that Dj would be on an emotional break down any time sooner.

“That you had a fucking secret boyfriend that you never mentioned about,” Aubry said so quick that she couldn’t process the words she just said out loud. “that got you pregnant!” She made a quick glance at Zayn who was silent this full minute.

“Neither of you told me about this!” Aubry scolded. “I can bet you neither of you were planning on telling me about this if I haven’t seen you right this minute.”

“Just stop!” Dj screeched, pulling her fingers to her dull pupils. She gasped, mostly to herself, tightly closing her eyes. Warm tears starting streaming down her cheeks and down past her plump lips. “Please.”

Aubry swallowed, feeling like a endless hole. She just didn’t know when to stop. She knew she was horrible, and knew she was making things a whole lot worst.

“Can you just tell me one thing?” Aubry whispered once she knew Dj calmed down. She watched as Dj nodded slowly. “Is Zayn your child’s baby?”

It was then when Zayn finally stepped into the conversation. He let out a rigid sigh, pinning his head back to eye level. He was close behind Aubry, he could feel her uneven breathing.

“Do I get a say in this?” Zayn whispered.

Aubry shrugged, not knowing what else to say or do. She needed answers and this was one step closer to the solution she wanted.

“Aubry?” he said. “I think I’m in love with you.

It was Dj who threw the first punch. It was sudden, and a sting to Aubry’s cheek. Aubry didn’t know how to react. Her palm automatically went straight towards her face, knowing there will be an ugly mark later. Her eyes were never better. Aubry believed that her eyes was now moist. She betted that her mascara was smeared and her eyes were now dead. She was breaking inside and out.

Zayn carefully placed his hand on the side of her face and reached for her forming bruise. Aubry didn’t bother to fight because it was useless. Dj stared at the two, sobbing quietly.

“Are you alright?” Zayn whispered, trying to hold Aubry up.

“Yeah,” she nodded. Before she will forget, she pushed away his aid. “Why did you say that?”

Zayn sighed, closing his lips and tightening it to a small line. He took a step back and whispered, “I don’t know.”

Aubry gave him a puzzled look before she had spotted Dj again. Aubry swallowed, wiping a tear drop near her cheek bones. “Dj?” she murmured, trying to take a step forward.

“Don’t touch me,” Dj shrieked, taking a bigger step away from her friend.

“Dj please.”

“No,” Dj said firmly. “I can’t believe you.”

“You don’t understand.”

“I don’t need to understand your little story with my ex-boyfriend.” Dj said furiously.

“I don’t like Zayn in that same book!” Aubry tried to reach for Dj before Dj could move.

“Just fuck off Aubry!”

“But – “

“I don’t care whether or not you shag the father of my baby. I could care less, okay? Just go away.”

“I’m not with Zayn, I’m with my English teacher!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. I don't mind, I needed this. :)