Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

ow, she's giving me a heart attack 

"What's going on out here? 

Aubry was sure she was in hell when Niall walked out towards her, Zayn and Dj. His face was a plume. No, not a apple or cherry. A giant purple plume. 

Aubry, still having her eyes on the ground, stood quiet. She let her hair fall over her eyes, trying to cover away her friends' constant stares. Fiddling with her finger nails, she let out a small sigh. She couldn't believe that she just spilled to Dj about her and Niall. It was mad! 

It was Zayn who spoke through the silence, tightening his jaw. Aubry knew she was in pure hell now. 

"You know what? It doesn't concern you Mr. Horan."

"Excuse me?" 

"You right damn heard me." 

It was Niall who flew himself at the fragile student. His student. Can you fricken imagine that? That would make school newspaper history! Zayn had it coming: he was literally asking for it. Zayn tried to dodge his punches, but seemed to pull himself at Zayn's punches every time. He was loosing his breath, becoming weaker by the second. Aubry brought herself between them, thinking it was a no brainer. She couldn't stop two grown men from fighting. She knew she didn't have the strength to do that. Aubry just couldn't. She was a coward beneath that hard shell. 

Lucky, Dj stepped in and pulled Zayn from the mad teacher. He was breathing hard, fighting back the tears from the newly formed scars on his cheeks and shoulders. Dj held tight onto Zayn's shoulders, feeling them shake as he continued to stare and Aubry and Mr. Horan. 

Aubry, on the other hand, felt like beating up Mr. Horan as well. She brought him to the side, at least an earshot away from Zayn and Dj. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she scolded. She watched him look down, with no answer. "You could get fired like that, you know? That was a completely dumb action!" 

"You're telling me I'm doing the wrong things?" Niall screeched. "Look at us!" 

Aubry couldn't believe he was screaming at her about this now. She pulled her fingers to the side of her eyes, letting some warm tears surface on her cheeks. 

The school was half empty now, making it quite safer to talk about this situation that other days. 

"I can't believe this," Aubry whispered. "What now?" 

"I don't know," he answered with a broken voice. He sighed before he spoke again. "I heard what your friend said." 

"I don't feel - "

"I know," Niall nodded. "I know you don't. I just think this isn't going to work out as we planned. It's going downhill Aubry. We need to realize it before one of us truly get hurt."

He cupped her face, placing a small kiss on her forehead. Niall didn't make eye contact with Aubry, no, he tightened his lips, almost to stop his own tears. 

Zayn, finally, leaving Dj's grasp, held Aubry into a tight hug. He knew it was the most stupidest choice to make but it was the fastest he would think of. Aubry buried her face in his shoulder blade, making his sweater moist up with her smeared tears. To her surprise, Dj was quiet. 

"It"s alright," Zayn hushed. "It'll be okay, I promise."

Aubry looked up and hiccuped. "Don't make a promise you can't keep." 

Zayn sighed, "Trust me, I will keep my promise."

Aubry sneaked a glance at Dj, staring her shoes down. Aubry blinked, bringing her attention back at Zayn. "Promise me to help Dj with your baby. Then I will trust you." 

"As long as you love me," he whispered. Before he could lean down on her, Aubry pushed him away. She wrinkled nose. 

"Dj?" she said as Dj looked up slowly. "Please forgive me. I don't love - " 

"I know," Dj interrupted, "You love your, I mean, loved your teacher. I understand. Now you need a shoulder. I'm there." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Back with her bestie, Dj! :)
Boo, she's not with Niall, her teacher. :/