Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

it started with a whisper

“Lemme get this straight,” Dj snickered softly. “You shagged your English teacher in his sister’s home?”

“When you say it like that, I feel like poop.”

Dj sat next to Aubry while sipping on her Coke, showing off a toothy grin at her best mate. Dj and Aubry both sat nervously in Dj’s car, leaving Zayn in the hallways of the school. After the whole breakup, Aubry didn’t feel as down as she was suppose to be. Angry but not depressed. Aubry knew Zayn was another side of her problems, she just needed to get her mind off of everything.

“You know what I mean,” Dj said. “But I didn’t expect this from you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’d ought to think that you wouldn’t settle for a guy like this.”

Aubry blinked, swallowing her own beverage as well. She looked through the car window and sighed.

“I just thought you had more class than that,” Dj continued.

Aubry sighed, setting her jaw slowly. She wasn’t going to just sit here and let someone tell her the wrong choices she made.

“I gotta get going,” Aubry remembered as Dj gave her an odd look. “My dad’s coming over.”

“I’ll drive you,” Dj offered, giving life to the engine. “Just tell me how it all goes tonight.”

Image


Where have you been?

“School,” Aubry said, rolling her eyes as she step foot on the first flight of stairs. “I’ve been in school this whole damn time.”

Aubry’s mother crossed her arms near her chest, tapping on her foot. “Yeah? And not with that friend of yours again?”

“Hell mother!” Aubry lost it. “I’m going to get dressed. We’re done talking about this.”

“Aubry Mitchel! We’re discussing about this after your father leaves tonight.”

“No promises.”

Once Aubry made it halfway through the hallway, she broke down on the floors. She heard a faint noise creeping onto her, leaving her silent through her raspy cries. Aubry knew it was her mother, about to yell at her because she was mopping on the newly polished wood.

Aubry didn’t bother to look up, “Leave me alone mom. I’m not in the mood to fight with you tonight.”

“Who said I was mom?”

He watched as his daughter looked slowly at him. Her face had a streak of water dripping down the corners of her eyes and onto the sides of her face. Her hair had been in all directions, making an odd hairstyle with her sweat and layers. Aubry’s father had just come from 3-month business trip, something Aubry loathed because she knew she would be stuck with her envious mother.

Aubry felt her legs rise herself up, smashing her figure to her father. She let her father’s arms wrap her with the hug she wished for ever since he left for his trip. For some odd reason, Aubry had let herself go and started the waterworks. Her father hasn’t seen herself like this since she was 8 years old. It gave him another reason to be happy that he was back.

“What’s going on?” he asked softly, pulling her head up to eye level. He watched as Aubry sighed, sniffing loudly, shaking her head. “Aubry, what happened?”

“It isn’t important, I’ve been having these mood swings. It’ll go away in a day or two.”

Her father didn’t believe a word she said. He raised an eyebrow, pinning his eyes back on his mopping daughter. “Aubry, you can’t hide things like these that are obvious to the human eye.”

As much as Aubry respected her father, she pushed him away.

“Listen, if you tell me your secret, I’ll tell you one of mine.”

“What?” Aubry coughed.

“Pinky swear?”

Aubry huffed. “What’s your so called ‘secret’?”

“Before I left for my trip, something happened.” Aubry’s father paused, gluing his eyes on his toes. He clutched his hands into a small fist, restricting him from doing anything any further. “And I couldn’t control myself…”

“What happened?”

“I was powerless, stupid…stupid doesn’t even cut the word choice.”

“What did you do?”

“Whatever I say, doesn’t go out of this hallway.” Aubry nodded, watching as her father sighed loudly. “I met this lady,” he whispered.

“You got a new job?!”

Aubry’s father shook his head, “No. I met this lady and I felt happy.” His eyes were ready to fall out, waiting for a response from his daughter. Aubry was sure she was hearing things now. She couldn’t believe her father was saying those awful words. It was literally poison.

“Who. Is. She?”

“Don’t get angry Aubry,” he started.

Who the hell is she?” Aubry’s temper started to heat up, boy, it’s terrifying.

Her father paused.

“Her name is Sasha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think c: