Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

it's time to begin, isn’t it?

“I did my side of the bargain, what were you saying about again?”

Her father had the nerve to do that! These generations of guys are plain knuckleheads!

“We need to go. Mom’s waiting.”

“That was another thing I needed to discuss with you…”

“Don’t you dare tell me you’re planning on leaving mom for some woman you just met.”

“Aubry, she makes me happy. Something your mother’s hasn’t done in a long time.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” Aubry threw her arms in the air, containing her breathing and tears. “You can’t do this to me.”

“Please don’t be angry.”

“I am beyond angry right now.”

“Aubry, just please keep quiet about this right now. I don’t want to ruin your mom’s dinner.”

And how would you ruin my dinner?

Oh fuck.

Aubry bit down on her bottom lip, making her eyes wide at her mother near the top of the stairs. Her father had stood frozen, blinking to see if her mother was really there.

“Novell?” her father said. “Were you standing there this whole time?”

“I was indeed Mario,” her mother nodded, “and what was that part where you didn’t want to ruin my dinner plans again?”

Mario was turning purple. His face was ready to explode, feeling like he was a bomb ready to tick off. He clicked his tongue, “You got me.”

He made a small glance at Aubry, nodding slightly. He turned back to his wife and showed a small grin. “I was actually planning a surprise, yeah, I was going to take you to dinner for my return back.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“Aubry was here.”

“Thanks dad,” Aubry said.

“Because you said Aubry was never home…”

Aubry turned to her mom and clutched onto her fist again. “You told dad that?!”

“What am I suppose to say? Yeah, you’re always home and not in bed – “

“I’m going down stairs,” Aubry butt in. She whispered, “I can’t handle this anymore.”