Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

hey baby, would you look my way

I need to talk to you.

Aubry wasn’t sure if she sent it to the right person. Her thumbs were darting away on her iPhone, letting them talk for themselves.

She started to isolate herself from her social life. She dodged calls from Sasha, she found herself eating alone in the supple closet and she kept her room door locked once she got home. Aubry wasn’t the type of her person to be depressed over something like this before. She’d usually deal with this by pushing away those ‘bad thoughts’. It was the first Aubry would be mopping around about something like that. Maybe it’s because it was her first romance. Ever.

Aubry fell onto her couch, knowing her mother and father had left for the day. It was dead in her home, besides herself. Still blindsided with her father’s new addition of her boss, she was sure she didn’t want to get more involved with the affair. Knowing her mom’s behavior, Aubry wanted to tell the truth. At the same time, terrified because of the outcome of the facts.

Chugging down on the second quart of milk, Aubry let her eyelids fall by themselves. She let the cooling sound of her television to take her away from reality. Commercials were the worst but it slide by. Aubry crossed her legs up on the couch and gently evened out her breathing.

Almost falling asleep, her eyes few open. She gasped, realizing her main door was now glistening a dime light in her home. Before she could react, she remember who she had called over.

“You know,” Zayn said, taking huge steps into home, “you should really lock your door. Anyone could rob you.”

All he did was snicker at his own lame joke. As much as Aubry hated his stuck up, dick face, she somehow adored it. The way his hair was slightly higher than usual days gave Aubry a small tickle in her heart. She knew she was now mental.

“Why weren’t you in school today?” Zayn asked, shutting the door. He looked over at Aubry, eying her sleep clothes with a slide of junk food.

“I wasn’t feeling well.”

“What about last week?”

“Stuff came up.”

Zayn raised a perfect eyebrow. “What about Sasha and Chad?”

That name was poison on Aubry’s tongue. She couldn’t stand her name without thinking otherwise. It was venom in her system.

“She didn’t call me.”

“That’s weird because she called me and asked to watch Chad last weekend.” Zayn watched as Aubry sat still, clutching her fist. “Anyway, she said that you wouldn’t pick up. What’s that about?”

Aubry kept her cool and turned to her stale popcorn near her body. She endured the horrid taste and looked straight at her shows. Zayn on the other hand, went straight at her and blocked her view. He snatched the bowl of popcorn out of her hand and grabbed her face with both hands. Surprisingly, he had a gentle touch.

“What’s going on? Why’d you want me over?”

Aubry sniffed, not wanting to get trapped in Zayn’s mysterious eyes.

“Aubry,” Zayn whispered.

“My dad’s cheating on my mom.”

Aubry watched Zayn set his butt next to her. He was quiet but inside he was boiling. He didn’t want to explode in front of Aubry. He knew better than that.

“My dad’s been seeing Sasha.”

Chad’s mum?!

“Don’t be angry.”

“How can you not Aubry?”

Aubry sighed. “I thought about, okay? I’m angry, depressed and lonely. What more can an 18-year-old girl do? I’m lost. The more emotions I attract, the more I want to be done with the world.”

“Aubry listen to me. Don’t say anything like that, alright? I don’t want to wake up one morning and find out that you’re no longer here with me. I know it hurts, I do. The pain is flesh eating, it kills. But know one thing, you are infinite. I know that you can handle anything coming your way because you proved that to me. Just remember that I’m always by your side. Promise me that you will remember that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A little light before the next chapter...