Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

i’ve found a reason for me

“This will be good for us,” her mother said softly. She pushed away a few strands of hairs out of Aubry’s eyes, leaving a light hand on her shoulders. With a gentle squeeze, her mother sighed.

Aubry was alone.

Going to school was useless now.

Her mother was filing for a divorce as her father was ready to officially move out. Aubry’s father had decided to leave Sasha as her mother agreeing to moving them as well.

“You don’t know that,” Aubry whispered, wiping her fingers to the edge of her eyes. Her room was naked without it’s posters and pictures. It was pain white, making her eyes cringle at the lost of color.

Her mother sighed again, “This will be good for you.”

Aubry frowned. “I don’t want to be the girl who leaves just because something bad happened. How would that show people who I really am? That’s embarrassing.”

“I’m only thinking about you Aubry. That is my main reason,” her mother said. Aubry felt her eyes fall to ground as her mother stood to her feet. Her mother patted her shoulder before she left, “We leave in an hour.”

Aubry started to play with her finger nails, making herself jump as she felt something vibrate near her body. She cupped her phone with both hands, recognizing a new message on her mobile. Pressing her phone near her ears, she chocked, feeling his voice wrap tightly around her neck.

Hello, Aubry?” his voice cracked.

She felt like responding but let the voice mail continue on.

I just wanted to check up if you’re alright. I know it’s late that I’m calling, but the reason I didn’t call soon is because I moved. I moved back to Ireland because I knew if I stayed, it’d be worst for you. Don’t feel like I’m pitying you. I did it mostly because for me. I was already labeled and so with you. I couldn’t handle it. Call me a coward, pussy all you want. Just remember that you are strong enough to overcome this situation we made. You helped me become a stronger person because you taught me to never let my dreams go. You always said to never let people put you down, you always said that whenever life throws you lemons, throw them back. You’re my dream catcher. Please keep in touch. Always remember that you are titanium. Bye Aubry, I love you.

Aubry let his voice reply again, torturing herself even more. His Irish accent made the hairs on her skin rise up. She bit down on her bottom lip, holding back her tears.

Her mother came back, making her fingers have a tighter grip around her phone. She swallowed, watching her mother bring in that familiar shy boy into her room. After taking a step into Aubry’s room, Zayn sighed. Before speaking, Zayn held his glaze with Aubry’s.

“I heard you were moving,” he whispered, dipping his fingers into his jacket pockets. He sneaked a small glance at her before she spoke softly.

Aubry nodded, “Yeah, soon.”

“How soon?”

“Sixty minutes tops.”

Zayn sighed. Sticking his tongue out to his chapped lips, he dropped his eyes again.

“I can’t do this,” he mumbled.

“What?” Aubry furrowed her eyebrows together, having a small line created by her lips.

“I can’t let you leave on a sour note. I can’t let you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you, Zayn.”

“Then let me love you, Aubry. Give me one more chance.”

Zayn moved closer to Aubry, whispering that last line. His fingers held a small soft fist, moving at the same pace of his body. Zayn gripped Aubry’s fingers into his, fluttering his lashes in her direction. He whispered something Aubry’s couldn’t comprehend. Her mouth was ready, aching to come near him.

As his lips came closer to Aubry’s own, a small sound was released from his pockets. With a disappointing sigh, Aubry lowered her eyes. Zayn, with the same reaction, pulled his phone to his ears.

“It’s Sasha,” he said. “She wants to see you.”

Aubry shook her head, crossing her legs on her naked bed, “I can’t. I’m about to leave. What does she need?”

Zayn talked in lowly into his mobile and clenched his fist. He narrowed down his eyes, almost turning a nasty shade of red. After another heavy reply, he hung up.

“What’s up with Sasha?” Aubry asked. “What did she need?”

Zayn adjusted his jacket before he spoke the venom.

“It was Sasha.” His voice was low and firm.

“I know, what did she need?”

Zayn shook his head, “It was Sasha who told everyone about you and Niall. She was the one who published it in the newspaper last week.”

Aubry wanted to ask why but not a sound came out of her mouth. Her head was suddenly sore, giving her a small headache near the center of her head. As if Zayn knew what she was about to say, he sighed.

“She said because you knew about her relationship with your father. She wanted to get even.” Zayn said, “Those were her exact words.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd be in total glee if I had a Niall or Zayn like that (;

I thank you all for any type of kindness you've done with this story. I love you c:
Image