Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

always lock your doors

Aubry pulled in front of the pastel colored house and sucked in a puff of air into her thin lungs. She looked over at the address Mr. Horan's sister gave her. Aubry made sure it was the right home, clutching onto her bag.

She had parked her car near their mailbox and began her walk. The newly cut grass and hibiscus making the walk way made Aubry realize that she was on the other side of the neighborhood; the wealthy side.

Aubry stuffed her hands into her jacket pocket and knocked on the door lightly. She stepped back slightly, eyeing the tremendous amount of flowers blossoming near the side of the home.

The sun was about to set, giving Aubry the perfect lightly.

She pulled out her vintage camera her father had given her a few years back and took a couple of snaps of the bud. She gasped and turned around once the door flew open.

"I sure hope you're not trying to make some money off of my babies," a woman smiled. Her dirty blonde locks were behind her shoulders, placed by a braided headband. Her small smile showed off her age less eyes; they were similar to Mr. Horan's. She looked to be in her early thirties.

"I'm so sorry," Aubry said softly, embarrassed. "I was just admiring them."

She laughed slightly, shaking her head. "It's alright. Take all the pictures you need," she smiled. "Are you a journalist?"

Aubry shook her head. "More of a writer. I like to use visuals to help me out on it," she laughed slightly.

"Yeah?" the blonde beauty smiled. "Niall has told me a lot about you."

Aubry cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "He has?"

"Mr. Horan," she corrected herself. "has mentioned you a couple of times."

Aubry nodded, tucking her camera back into her small bag. She draped it over her shoulders and brought out her hand gently. "I'm Aubry."

"Nice to meet you Aubry. I'm Sasha," she smiled.

Once Aubry was in, she noticed how well Sasha coordinated her furniture. She licked her lips, looking around, feeling a bit out of place.

"You have a beautiful home," Aubry said to Sasha.

"I do a little decorating," Sasha blushed slightly. "Thank you."

Aubry nodded, looking at the elegant painting of the last supper near the kitchen. She noticed a piece of abstract art near the entrance once Sasha reached for her jacket and placed it down.

"I'm curious," Aubry breathed. "Why did you agree to let me babysit your child when you barely know me?"

"My brother told me about you, and I was on a short notice," Sasha said. "I'm sure you're lovely," she said smiling once again.

"Did Mr. Horan tell you exactly why he asked me to come here tonight?" Aubry asked as Sasha shook her head.

"I was misbehaving in his class the other day," Aubry shrugged. "He said this was a good way of improving my attitude."

"Oh Niall," Sasha shook her head. "Always babying his students."

"It was his first day too," Aubry added. "Kind of hard, yeah?"

"I could give him a little chat if you'd want," Sasha laughed.

"That'd be great," Aubry said jokingly. She realized that it was easy to pick a conversation with Sasha. "Where's the little munchkin I'm aching to meet?" Aubry asked willingly.

"Chad's taking a nap," Sasha said as she looked near the grand staircase. "One tip, he's a handful."

"A challenge. Nice," Aubry smiled as she placed she bag near her jacket and straighten out her shirt.

"He's going to take a lot of breath," Sasha laughed. "But I'm sure you could handle him."

"You sound like you're saying he's a little rascal," Aubry grinned.

"He is," Sasha nodded, laughing softly. "My brother couldn't even handle him alone."

Aubry nodded, having an image of the blonde god block her vision. She remembered his electric voice echoing in her eardrums. She recalled his thick body, lowering near hers in his classroom yesterday.

"I better run," Sasha said, destroying Aubry's inner thoughts. "If you're hungry, some grub are in the refrigerator."

Aubry watched a Sasha pulled on a long sleek coat over her shoulders and fixed her hair. "Are you married by any chance?" Aubry asked before thinking it through.

"Oh no," Sasha laughed. She pilled her slender foot into her heels and shook her head. She still had the same smile on her face. "My brother should be over soon."

Aubry opened her mouth but no sound came out of it. Her eyes widen, catching her breath. "I'm sorry, what?"

"My brother, Niall, Mr. Horan is coming over to help you with Chad," Sasha said softly. "Isn't that the plan?"

"Mr. Horan didn't tell me he was helping me babysit," Aubry whispered, shaking her head. "He just told me to be here to watch over your kid."

"Oh," Sasha said, surprised. "Well he said he was going to ask someone to help him tonight. I'm so sorry for the confusion."

Aubry nodded, taking a seat on the stool in the kitchen. Her breathing quickened once she processed the thoughts into her mind carefully.

"I'll see you later, sweetie," Sasha called out before she stepped out. Her voice was still cheerful like before.

Aubry reached over to her phone and checked the time. It was a quarter until 8. She made her way towards the main room. She flipped on the television and surfed through the channels. Nothing on was good at the moment.

She landed with some talk show covering about the recent scandal going on between Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. She crosses her legs, sighing to herself on this amazing Saturday night.

Aubry flipped her hair to the side, laying her back against the loveseat. As she flipped though the channels once more, her eyes landed on the jolting doorknob just inches away from her. She pulled out her Polaroid camera out of her bag and placed it behind her back, ready for the swing.

Once the door pulled open, she nearly dropped the camera on his toes. "What the hell?" Aubry sneered.

"Don't you know how to lock doors?" Mr. Horan rolled his eyes, trying to hide his urge to crack a laugh at her reaction.

"Don't you know how to expand on the details when you're asking someone to help them babysit?" Aubry snapped, shaking her head.

Mr. Horan chuckled, closing the door shut. "I'm guessing Sasha cracked, didn't she?" he said, smiling.

"Don't try and change the subject."

"I'm sorry if I tricked you," Mr. Horan said softly.

"You damn right fucking tricked me."

"Let me finish," Mr. Horan sighed. Aubry rolled her eyes, nodding. Mr. Horan licked his lips, exposing his tight v-neck. "I was desperate for help on babysitting my sister's son and you were my only hope. Besides, child care is a great why to learn responsibility and respect.”

Aubry sighed, letting the sound of Chad's voice crack through the walls, telling them he was hungry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some action will come in the next couple of chapters. I'm sorry if it's taking forever for the romance to start. Besides, I like how it is ^.^

This is for chasing carousels; because I know how much she loves Nialler :)
Image