Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

i guess this is it

Her breakfast burrito was ready to swim up her throat.

Aubry leaned against her forearm, trying to concentrate on the lesson. She noted some notes she thought that were important and planted her eyes on her notepad.

"Aubry, can you stay back for a second," Niall announced before the lunch bell rang. His eyes remained down, searching through his suitcase.

Aubry sighed, thinking about sneaking out.

She had thought about that kiss they shared over the weekend. His warm lips against hers, his fingers squeezing her waist, and his eyes dancing on her were bittersweet.

Every one was out, but Aubry was still on her desk. It was a couple of rows from Niall's oak desk.

"What do you need?" Aubry asked, looking down.

Niall had sat down in the desk in front of her and sighed. "We need to talk about what happened last weekend."

Aubry remained silent, tapping her foot.

"I want you to know that it was a mistake," he whispered.

"A mistake?" Aubry hissed.

"It wasn't anything I planned," Niall tried.

"So, I'm a mistake to you?" Aubry snapped, shaking her head. "You just asked to talk to me so you could tell me how I'm a mistake?"

Niall sighed, licking his lips. "I knew this would happen," he said softly.

Aubry stood up, brushing a hand through her hair. "What would happen?" she asked more calmer.

"Kissing you," Niall explained. "I knew if you'd get involved with any of this, we'd both get hurt." He looked down, pursing his lips.

Aubry placed a hand on his thigh, stroking it lightly. Niall looked up at her, puzzled by her expression.

"We can't," Niall whispered. "We shouldn't."

"I know."

"This could get on your rep. You may not even get into college because of this," Niall said. "I may even get fired."

"Shh," Aubry whispered. She wrapped her arms around his neck, touching her forehead with his. "It'll be okay."

After a few minutes of silence, Niall sighed. "Do you think this will work?" he asked in barely a whisper.

"I don't know." Aubry looked down. "But I'm willing to make it work, if you are."

Niall placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer. "I am," he said softly. His minty breath punched her.

He gave her a small peak, making Aubry deepen it. She placed her hands on the back pockets of his jeans and bit down on his bottom lip.

"Not now," Niall chuckled, pulling her back. Aubry pouted, flipping him off.

Image


"You have sex in your hair, Aubry," Dj smirked. She licked her lips, tilting her head. "Who is he?"

"I don't," Aubry insisted. She blushed slightly, turning away as she sat down next to her colorful friend,

"Mhm," Dj nodded, taking a bit from her sandwich. "Spill."

"Fuck Dj, I didn't lose myself to anyone."

"Fuck Dj, I didn't lose myself to anyone," she mimcked. Dj let out a laugh, tapping her fingers on the table. "Fine, tell me when you're ready."

Aubry rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

"I mean, we are best friends. You know you could trust me."

"I know that," Aubry nodded, drinking her Coke. She just couldn't tell her about her kiss with her English teacher.

Twice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Exactly what I mean when I say sex god. ^