Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

oops, here we go again

Aubry had gotten better with the whole ‘dating your teacher’ thing. She had started watching scenes of Aria and Ezra in Pretty Little Liars to master her ninja skills with the whole situation. She couldn’t pull most of it off because of the fact that she was a bad actor.

Meet me in 30.

After setting her phone down on the counter, Aubry immediately went straight into the refrigerator. She inhaled the sweet smell of leftovers, bringing out last night’s lasagna. She had planned on meeting up with Niall at his apartment because she just needed to see him.

Aubry heard her phone vibrate, telling her that he had replied. She ignored him and placed her snack into the microwave.

With the sound of her mother’s footsteps, Aubry’s back quickly straightened.

Click-clack. Click-clack.

Her nose recognized the expensive perfume her mother was known for.

“Mom.”

Her mother’s dirty locks were pulled up into a perfect bun wrapped with a traditional braid around it. Aubry envied her mother’s hair. Everyone always said she got her mother’s hair but she thought other wise.

“Look who’s finally home,” her mother said coldly. Her eyes were barely on Aubry but on her iPhone instead.

Once Aubry brought out her food, she placed her hands on her hips, taking a good look at her mom. She cocked her head to the side, setting her jaw.

“Look who’s talking,” Aubry hissed. Her mother stared up at Aubry with a displeasing look on her face. She had placed her phone next to Aubry’s, squinting her eyes slightly.

“And what is that suppose to mean?” her mother asked bitterly.

Aubry lost control and hung her head. She lost contact with her mother’s eyes, making her mom morph with more power. She walked around her mom and sat down with her meal. Ignoring her mother was no better. Aubry felt her piercing eyes on her self, ready to explode with anger.

Her mother swirled her head around to watch her daughter enjoy the last bites of lasagna. Back at the counter, her mother heard a small alarm coming from one of the smartphones. Without a second thought, Aubry’s mother picked up an excited iPhone.

She squinted lightly at the screen, not wanting to believe what she just read.

“Who is this?” her mother asked without warning.

Aubry looked up and noticed her mother was holding up her phone as a new text had just flashed. She made out of what he just sent her. Aubry rose from her grub and dashed towards her phone. Instead of handing back to Aubry, her mother clutched onto the phone, showing the text from Niall.

See you soon babe. x

Why did there have to be a winky face at the end?

“Who is this?” her mother repeated. This time furious.

“Doesn’t concern you.” Aubry tried to reach for her phone but her mother dodged her aims.

“You live under my roof babe,” her mother hissed as Aubry winced. “Tell me this instant who this person is or I’ll ground you.”

“My fucking friend.”

Her mother stared wide eyed at Aubry with her nostrils flaring. “You will not give me that tone young lady.”

Aubry rolled her eyes, biting down on her tongue. She scratched the edge of her nose, trying her best not to talk back.

“Is this why you’re never home anymore?” her mother asked. “You’re too busy shagging someone, aren’t you?”

Aubry grabbed her phone and tightened her jaw. She threw her plate in the sink, feeling her chest pound harder each second. Aubry bit down on her bottom lip, blinking down harshly.

“Once you get pregnant, I’ll be there to say I told you so. I always knew you were a–”

“You don’t know shit about me.”

Aubry began walking up back into her room, trying to come up with an excuse to tell Niall tonight was off. She blinked slowly, watching the warm teardrop slide down across her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
A small filler with Aubry's mommy. Although it's a small filler, it's rather important dealing with the plot.

Also don't kill me because it's short and late. I wanted to post this last night but I fell a sleep. I went hiking yesterday afternoon so I was poooooped. I was thinking of updating Perky today. Maybe.

Image