Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

the sun sets in dreams too

Aubry was surprised that Sasha called her. Almost in glee. The last thing Aubry expected was a chat with Sasha. In reality, she missed Chad. He was like the little brother she never had.

Chad’s cheeks was as if it sucked all the color from a rose. Without trying, you could mistakenly take him as blushing. His lips were a nice shade of pink. The little hairs sticking out on the crown of his head was generally going in one direction. His freckles was the last thing you’d expect. With a small dimple forming on his left cheek, he was a gift. His generation was lucky.

Once Aubry locked her car, she heard a small laugh echo through her ears. It was childish and soft. In a second, Aubry felt his hairs going against her skin, giving her a small chill.

“Aubee,” Chad smiled, raising his hands in the air. Aubry picked him up as she spotted Sasha in the door way. Admiring the amount of flowers in the walk way, Aubry noticed a row sunflowers forming up the concrete.

“Are these new?” Aubry said, motioning her chin towards the blossoms. Sasha pulled Aubry into a small hug and smiled to herself. Sasha took a good look at Aubry, raising her eyes up and down.

“You’ve grown.” Her eyes landed on Aubry’s chest. Aubry placed Chad down, trying hard not to show Sasha that she was blushing. She hated this topic. Every since she was little, she was insecure about her image. Aubry would be the little chubby girl with the pigtails with no chest or bum.

“Erm,” Aubry smiled. It was awkward. She nodded slightly as Sasha took her in, looking if she found her blonde inside the dwelling.

There he was. Looking straight into the television stand, chugging down stale popcorn and a pint of sugar next to it. He was watching reruns of Saturday Night Live.

“Niall,” Sasha scolded. She placed her hands on her tiny waist, pulling it out slightly.

Niall swallowed, blinking at the presence of Aubry. Her hair was pulled back into a lose pony tail, revealing the cheekbones that would always be covered by the layers around her face. Niall brought his shirt over his figure, sniffing softly.

“Sorry about him,” Sasha whispered, making it loud enough for Niall to hear. “He treats my home like his own.”

“It is my home,” Niall playfully pouted. Aubry felt her heart skip a beat.

“He acts like there’s no women in this place,” Sasha continued, shaking her head slightly. “Ought to get used to it.”

Aubry, swallowing vaguely, removed her jacket, trying not to make eye contact with Niall. She sat on the nearest seat, licking her lips. She felt her palms moist up feeling Sasha’s eyes on her again. It was both flattering and nerve wreaking.

“Do you have an eye on anyone, Aubry?” Sasha asked. She pulled up a perfect brow, smiling. Aubry furrowed her eyebrows together, staring wide eyed at her.

“Because I know someone who’d be perfect for you,” Sasha giggled. “He’s my co-workers son.”

“Yeah?” Aubry playfully teased. She knew Niall had straighten his back.

“His name is Zayn.”

“Sounds sexy.”

“Hold your horses girl,” Sasha chuckled. “You interested?”

“I’ll think about it,” Aubry winked. She wrinkled her nose, inhaling Sasha’s perfume. She still needed to get used to it.

“What happened last night?” Niall whispered, watching Aubry fix her Toms. He bumped his shoulder next to hers, taking a seat next to his student. She scratched her chin, thinking of something realistic. She felt Chad fall into her lap, playing with her fingers.

“I had something with my mom,” Aubry mumured.

Niall nodded. “I thought you ditched.”

She shook her head, watching Sasha pull on her flats.

“Are you serious about that Zayn lad?” Niall asked slowly, changing the topic.

Aubry let out a small snicker, rolling her eyes. “Are you jealous?”

Niall pouted, looking down to Chad. Sasha lastly placed a teal scarf around her neck, adjusting her collar and necklace.

“What are you two whispering about?” Sasha beamed. “Homework? Because I think that’s ridiculous. You shouldn’t be doing homework on the weekends.”

Aubry ignored Sasha and looked down to Chad. She’d wonder if this is how her son would look if she and Niall had a child. Aubry blinked, thinking twice about her thought.

“Aubry,” Sasha said, breaking her thoughts. “Here’s his number. I talked to him and he’s interested.”

“What?” Aubry asked, surprised. “How do you know he’s interested?”

“I gave him a picture of you and he said he’ll meet you at Starbucks on the corner.” Sasha winked, smirking slightly. “You’re welcome.”

“But – ”

“Go, he’s waiting.”

“What about Chad?”

“Niall can handle him without you for a day, right?” Sasha looked at Niall with a smile. “You’d do that for Aubry, yes? We never know, they could end up together.”

Niall was breathing it all in slowly. A knife was literally in his lungs. “I guess.”

Aubry sighed, biting down on her bottom lips. Once Sasha was out, Niall blinked. “Are you really going?”

“I don’t know,” Aubry whispered.

“Do you want to meet this guy?”

“I don’t know.”

“I think you should go. Meet a guy your age - have fun.” Niall sighed, wrinkling his nose. “Don’t worry about me. Tell me about it later tonight.”

Before Aubry could refuse, she was out the door before she even gave him a small kiss she ached for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, didn't intend Zayn to be in here, sooooo a twist has awaken. c;

Niall will be my best friend one day.
Image
Image