Status: "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite."

Dream Catchers

light dumbbells

Aubry still thought she was dreaming. Zayn wasn’t anyone she expected. Flicking his joint to the ground and marking it on the pavement, Zayn let out a small sniff. His fingers moved to the small volume of his hair, tracing his eyes on a piece of blue gum on the sidewalk. He was under the green umbrellas, clutching onto his beverage.

Aubry hated coffee. She didn’t like caffeine as much as she loved tea and occasional juices. Although in the days before, she was a coffee addict. At the most, she would have at least three cups of coffee each day. It was terrifying knowing that she was consuming that much sugar a day into her system.

“Aubry?”

His voice was velvet. He wasn’t from here like Mr. Horan. Niall. There was something about a thick foreign accent that made Aubry’s skin crawl. Zayn placed a hand in his jean pocket, tilting his head to the side slightly. His lips were dry, turning into a small smile.

Aubry nodded, she felt herself smile as well. “Are you Zayn?”

I said his name wrong. I said his name wrong. I must sound like an idiot. Aubry thought to herself. She felt her heart beat faster once she was closer to his figure.

“Yeah,” Zayn said. “How are you?” he asked politely.

“A little tired,” Aubry sighed, letting out a small chuckle. “You?”

“Good actually.” Zayn sat down, motioning for Aubry to do the same. Once he noticed how Aubry was slightly sweating, he pushed his iced tea towards her. “If you don’t mind me asking, where did you come from?”

Aubry shook her head and pushed his beverage back to himself. “My boss' house just around the corner. It’s a humid day and all,” she chuckled to herself.

“Would you like to sit inside instead?” Zayn asked, looking at the small building next to them.

“It’s alright. I can cope with a little heat. It looks like a good day.” Aubry smiled to herself, wanting to take a picture of nature around her. She glazed at the open sky above her, feeling the warm light shine on her.

“Are you a poet or artist or something?” Zayn smiled.

“I like photography,” Aubry said softly.

“Yeah?” Zayn nodded. “Would you like to photograph this moment?”

“And why would I do that?”

“Because I’m sexy.”

Aubry couldn’t help but smile. He was easy to pick up a conversation with. She placed her phone on the metallic table, faced down. Aubry crossed her legs, placing her hands on her thigh.

“Since we’re know on speaking now, can I just say that I know your secret.”

Aubry was dead.

Her smile faded.

Was he serious?

What secret?

“What?” she coughed out. Her heart was ready to fall down to her shoes. The air around her was suddenly warm. She felt her palm moist up as she pushed it to her sides.

“I know your secret,” he repeated without hesitation.

“What do you mean?”

“I know your secret. What’s so hard about processing that in that pretty little head of yours?” Zayn snickered, feeling good.

Was he seriously flirting while doing this? Aubry thought.

“I know that you have a strong friendship with Sasha’s brother. Am I right?” Zayn smiled sharply.

Aubry stared wide eyed at Zayn, thinking that Zayn actually made a nice impression. Boy, she thought wrong about him.

“You’re secret is safe with me.”

Bull shit.

“Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” Aubry swallowed. “What do you need?”

But the nerve of him asking for something when he was doing this to her.

“Could you tell Sasha yes?”

Yes?” Aubry asked. She licked her lips, feeling the weight of her shoulder bag hard on her left side.

“Yes that I agree on watching Chad next week with you,” Zayn said, as if to make it ring in Aubry’s ears.

“You? I thought her brother was watching Chad with me,” Aubry asked, irritated slightly.

Zayn shook his head, “She asked me to help you babysit. Sasha said you’re okay with it.”

Aubry quickly followed along. “Yeah. I guess I forgot about it,” she lied. She pretended to look at time on her phone and stood up. Straightening out her shirt, she smiled vaguely, “See you then.”

“You too,” Zayn winked. “Stay out of trouble.

That made things a whole lot better for Aubry. She couldn’t believe Zayn knew she was dating her teacher.

She just doesn’t know how.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it feels a little rushed. I needed to get this out. Give me your thoughts. I really love how this turned out. Zayn is just sdfghjklasbcj ;)

Here you all go for being awesome.
Image
Image