Finding the One

Smashed.

That night me and Phil set up for the party, he went out to buy some alchohol and i'm 'drunk proofing' the place just incase. But I know about 90% of us will get drunk, I know Charlie and Carrie wont, But I don't know about the rest of us. The first people to arrive was Chris and PJ. We start talking about the party, who's coming, then Phil brings it up. Allora.

"Oh a girl? Finally a new one, you need a good girl after what happened wit-" Phil cuts Chris off.

"Hey, we agree'd not to speak of that!" Phil nudges his arm.

"Yea, sorry, but you know what I mean..." Chris takes a sip of his drink.

"So, whats she like?" Pj asks me.

"Well, she's.. American. She's nice, funny, a lot like me, but really alternative." I bite my lip just thinking of her.

"As in she's a goth." Phil adds in quickly.

"Oh a goth, thats a new one, I don't think you ever fancied one of those before." Chris laughs. One of those? That bothered me. She's not an it. She's a person, who's perfect. I choose not to say anything because I don't want to start conflict. "So where does she live?"

"Just across the hall actually, she should be here soon... I hope." I answer, taking a sip on Pimms. My favorite. We continue to talk about random little things and then I hear a knock on the door. I hope its her. I spring up from the couch and jog over to the door. My face lights up when I see her standing they're looking beautiful.

"Hey! Allora! Lemme introduce you!" I grab her arm and have her friend Nat follow behind, but her and Phil start chatting. I introduce her to Chris and PJ and my new best friend which made me giggle with nervousness, cause I wanted to be more than that.

"So, American girl huh?" Chris chuckles, looking her over a couple times. She explains how she just moved here to go to university. "Hmm, cool, well enjoy your stay!" He gets up and goes into the kitchen for more drinks and I hear him mumble something to himself, but I don't question it.

"Here uh, lemme show you around okay?" I grab her arm and drag her to my room. I slowly close the door so we could be alone just for a bit. "Yep, my room. Sorry if its a bit to bright for you." I laugh while walking up behind her.

"It's fine, really. I like it, it seems very.. you." She giggles then turns around for me and her to be face to face.

"Well, good to know you like it. We could be here more often." I try and sound sexy and smirk. I look her up and down and bite my lip. It looks like she was starting to lean in to try and kiss me or something, but just to tease her I turn around quickly and we exit the room. I show her everything else then we head back to where everyone is. Allora sits down with Nat, Dean and Jack who just showed up.

I head over to everyone else and me and Chris decide to play a little drinking game with Nat and Dean. Because they are both so poorly flirting with each other, we drink every time they do something that we've noticed they repeat a lot. About 20 minutes of this little game i'm already starting to feel a buzz, because they just suck at flirting. Chris is forcing me to drink more and more with a ton of different drinks and I don't realize two hours have gone by and me and Chris are completely smashed, yet, we drink more. I notice Allora getting up and heading to the bathroom. I really want her right now. I stumble over to the bathroom and wait for her and as she opens the door I grab her, drag her into my room and push her onto my bed. I crawl on top of her and pretty much straddle her.

"Hey cutie pie." I whisper to her, obviously slurred. I bite my lip and close my eyes. I go to lean in to kiss her then I feel myself fly to the side onto my bed and I see her run out the door. I sit there confused for a bit trying to register what just happened, but then I understand and I feel horrible. I head into the living room to see she's gone. Lovely. I just mope around for the rest of the night then end up passing out on the couch.