What to Expect When You're Expecting

You're expecting?

Michael Ross sat on the tile floor of the bathroom, their bathroom to be exact. He was staring at the beaming white numbers on his iPhone that were telling him it was almost 3 am. He knew he shouldn't but Harvey was asleep, and Lord knows the man not only deserved it, but needed it. Reaching his hand out he flipped through his recent calls and pressed the number before he could chicken out.

"Michael Ross this better be the call for me to make Harvey's funeral arrangements or I'll be sitting in his office making yours tomorrow." He could hear the grumpy red head turning over in her bed, could practically see her eyes rolling to stare at the clock he knows sits on her nightstand.

Mike swallows thickly before opening his mouth. Nothing comes out but an almost quiet puff of air. He can hear Donna sit straight up in her bed, feel the concern in her eyes as he knows she sits thinking what he could be calling her for at almost 3 am that would be leaving him speechless.

"Okay, Mike," She said slowly, drawing out the 'i', "What did he do? Are you still at his place? Will I need you to defend me for provoked murder?"

If the situation wasn't so serious he'd probably have chuckled at her rush of questions. however he couldn't bring himself to even smile. He ran his fingers through his short blonde hair. He opened his mouth, and this time words came.

"Donna I think I messed up. I mean I don't know if I messed up. I can't look at it, he'd kill me. Donna I'm not ready for this. He'll hate me forever. I--"

"Whoah slow down Mike. What do you mean you messed up, or don't know if you messed up rather?" She questioned. He could see in his mind, her muscles tensing ready to make a quick decision if needed.

"I might be--" his voice trailed off into an unintelligible gurble of words as he tried to get out the word, a lump forming around it.

"You might be...?" Her voice trailed off in question.

"Pregnant," he whined, resting his face on his knees, feeling like his head was to heavy to hold up any longer.

He could hear her slump back against the pillows, letting out a puff of air as she went.

"Mike have you taken a test yet?" She asked.

"Yes," he practically squeaked back at her.

"And what did the test say?"

"I don't know. I haven't looked yet. Donna I-I." Another lump formed in his throat as he tried to form words to express what he was feeling. Truth be told, he had no idea what he was feeling.

"Well you're going to have to, so we can figure out how to deal with it," She countered. He could hear her voice going soft. Not something it did often, especially not where he and Harvey were concerned.

"I don't like the way you sound saying 'Deal with it'," He replied, wondering why he was suddenly worried about Donna's meaning to a set of words dealing with a problem he didn't even know existed.

"I don't mean it that way and you know it," the sharp edge he was used to, returning, "I mean, you have to look so we can decide how we're going to tell Harvey, or if we're even going to tell him at all."

"Donna, I caaaan't--"

"Michael Vincent Ross, you turn over whatever stick you peed on right this instant. If I have to get out of this bed for any reason other than work in the morning, you won't be happy," She snapped.

"Okay, okay. I don't know which I'd get yelled at for more, possibly being pregnant, or a fiery redhead beating down the door at almost three fifteen AM," he quipped.

"Just come on Mike. Whatever happens we'll deal with it when you get into the office. The first thing you have to do is turn over the stick and read the results," She whispered reassuringly.

He nodded, even though she couldn't see him. He reached a shaky hand up to the counter of the sink and closed his eyes as he pulled the stick down in front of his face. He mentally counted to three and then opened his eyes. He blinked them a couple times to make sure what he was reading was real.

There in bold black digital letters was the word pregnant. He took a deep breath and spoke directly into the phone.

"You're gonna be an Auntie."

His head shot up when he heard his name from two different places. One from the phone and the other from the opposite side of the door.

"Donna we'll talk tomorrow. Harvey's awake. Gotta go." He hung up the phone before Donna could speak a word. he shoved it and the pregnancy test into the pocket of his pajama pants. Hastily ripping up the pieces of the cardboard box and watching them flutter into the garbage. He turned towards the black oak door and opened it. Harvey's rumpled, sleep induced frame was standing in front of him.

He watched as Harvey stifled a yawn and then looked tiredly in his direction.

"What're you doin' in here?" he sleepily slurred wrapping his arms around Mike's slim hips.

"Uhm, nothing, just feel a little nauseous. I think it was something from the restaurant we ate at for dinner," He lied, glad that Harvey's still mostly asleep brain wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

"... back to bed... hold 'til you feel better," Harvey mumbled, lips pressed against Mike's bare shoulder.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say Harvey." He lead Harvey back to the bed and fell onto it, with Harvey immediately spooning up behind him. He felt Harvey's hand begin to absentmindedly rub at his abdomen in gentle circles.

Mike closed his eyes and sighed, hoping sleep would come soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is my first attempt back at writing since forever... and back at writing here on Mibba. So some feedback would be awesome. if you read just drop a comment and let me know if this is an okay start for a come back.

ps. I love SUITS and Harvey Specter is the sexiest man ALIVE!
pkay it's like almost 6 am here... so NIGHT!