What to Expect When You're Expecting

Harvard Baseball

Mike woke to the smell of breakfast and coffee being made. He looked to Harvey's alarm clock, reading that it was a Saturday at 7am. He sagged back against the pillows. He felt the exhaustion down to his bones but fought the urge close his eyes.

He rolled over and immediately felt the contents of his pocket push against his leg. He groaned silently as he remembered calling Donna earlier and admitting to her that he was pregnant with Harvey's child. He pulled out the contents of his pocket and laid it out on the bed in front of him. He began to ponder if smothering himself would work as the positive pregnancy test glared back at him.

He heard footsteps coming down the hallway and shoved the test under his pillow. He rolled back over and sat up, pinching the bridge of his nose as a wave of dizziness washed over him.

"You should eat." The voice was closer than he'd expected. I was coming from directly in front of him and when he opened his eyes, sure enough Harvey was sitting on the bed in front of him.

"You're probably right," Mike answered the urge to yawn hitting him.

"I'm always right." Harvey pulled Mike up off the bed and chuckled at his groans of it being to early on a Saturday to even exist.

Harvey led him down the hallway and within eyesight of the kitchen, all the while Mike trying to see what Harvey was making. Instead he sniffed the air and smelled eggs and sausage. He sniffed again and immediately placed the soft sweet undertone.

"You made pancakes?" Mike questioned enthusiastically.

"Every Saturday since we met. Why should I stop now?" Harvey replied, smiling that rare specter smile.

"Really? Since we met?" Mike questioned, hopping up on one of the stools that sat at the counter.

"What can I say? You bring out my sweet side," Harvey replied, starting to plate Mike's breakfast for him.

"I can't wait to tell Donna all the sweet words you've said to me, just this morning," Mike said with a smile. He pressed a kiss to the side of Harvey's face when he leaned in to place his breakfast in front of him.

"I'll just deny it," Harvey responded, pressing a kiss to the shell of Mike's ear in return. He delighted in the shiver that coursed through Mike at his actions.

"You would perjure yourself just to keep up that Specter Persona?" He questioned, adorably wrinkling his nose in thanks as Harvey set a mug of coffee and a glass of orange juice in front of him.

"Donna is no judge."

"No, but she can see through your lies better than any judge will ever be able to," Mike replied, chuckling lightly.

"You've got me there counselor."

Mike watched as Harvey fixed his own breakfast. He picked up his coffee mug and took a sip of the dark bitter liquid. He was savoring the way it warmed his entire mouth when one of the zillions of facts he'd consumed over his 26 years of life flashed its way across his mind.

He immediately spit the coffee back into his mug. He could hear Donna's voice in the back of his mind, scolding him in that way she had, for forgetting that he now had a second life inside of him to take care of.

"Everything okay Mike? You're staring at your coffee like you need to confess to it for murdering it's family members," Harvey speculated.

"Huh? No, no I'm fine, just not really in the mood for coffee this morning." He pushed it out of hid line of sight, removing the temptation to continue drinking it. He picked up the orange juice instead and took a sip, humming in the back of his throat when it tasted way more amazing than he'd thought.

"So tell me again, why we're up at seven on a Saturday?" Mike questioned, effectively changing the subject.

"We've got the Henderson deposition on Monday morning and I want to have it airtight before we go in there, leave them no room to wiggle out of their deal. Plus we still have the Torres briefs to look over," Harvey explained through bites of his breakfast.

"You mean the ones where the husband, uhm, Michael, go figure, is trying to use his shares in the company as leverage against his wife to edge her out of her CEO position? Which he signed over to her in the first place," Mike questioned.

"The very ones."

"Well I hope in reading them over I find something that tips the scale in her favor. I've seen that Michael guy and he seems a bit squirrely to me," Mike commented.

"Mike we're doing this for the good of the company. It's not our job to choose sides," Harvey explained, the frown he got whenever Mike decided to let his personal feelings over a case get involved, falling into place.

"I know. I'm just saying. Whatever happens, happens, but if it goes in Evelyn's favor... it'll be a plus." Mike shrugged stepping down off the stool he'd been perched on, taking his used dishes to the sink.

"Not that it would be a bad thing. As the lower representing the company, however, I'm not allowed to express those sentiments," Harvey replied, following Mike to the sink.

Mike smiled when he felt Harvey's nose nuzzling into the side of his neck, arms wrapping loosely around his waist.

They finished their morning routine in no rush. They exchanged lazy kisses while they showered, knowing if they indulged themselves Donna would have their asses.

They dressed in jeans, Mike in Harvey's Harvard Baseball t-shirt, and Harvey in a dark long sleeved shirt. Mike looked expectantly at Harvey who only rolled his eyes before pulling out the desried article of clothing, and pulling it over mikes body for him. Mike smiled down at the Harvard hoodie he was now wearing.

He wriggled his arms until the ends of the sleeves hung a little over his fingertips. He held the ends of the sleeves up to his nose, breathing in his favorite smell, Harvey. Harvey chuckled affectionately as he watched Mike. He pulled him forward, kissing him and smiled when Mike rubbed their noses together.

"Come on Mr. Specter. We both know that Hell hath no fury like an angry Donna," Mike quipped, pulling away, unwillingly, from Harvey's warmth.

Harvey nodded his agreeance and pulled on a jacket of his own before leading Mike into the elevator and out the door of the building.

It was 9:30 when they pulled up in front of the Pearson Hardman building. They thanked Ray and headed into the building. Looking at each other, they smiled and raced childishly towards the elevators. Mike reached it first and pressed the up button, doing a little victory dance as Harvey rolled his eyes. So when Harvey rushed into the elevator and hastily pressed the button for floor 50, Mike made no comments.

Harvey wrapped his arm around Mike's waist, rubbing his back when Mike pressed his face into his neck.

"You're lucky I love you two or I would have your heads for having me up before eleven on a Saturday," Donna's voice called across to them as soon as the elevator door open.

"Donna you know you're the best," Harvey replied, leaning over the wall of Donna's cubicle.

"Don't worry, I brought your in office caffeine fix. No need to strain any muscles trying to be sweet. You are right however, I do know that I'm the best." She reached into her drawers and pulled out the files they'd be needing for the day.

"My eyes are drooping already," Mike half joked. Donna caught his eye and he smiled a reassuring smile in her direction.

"Too bad kid. Now, Henderson depo for Harvey," She handed him 3 manila folders, "Fresh brewed black for you as well," she placed a coffee on top of the files she'd handed him.

"Ohhh, what's my present?" Mike asked with fake child like enthusiasm.

She handed him the rest of the manila folders, there were about 15, and set a cup on top of it along with a highlighter.

"Torres briefs and hot chocolate with two percent and no whipped cream," She said smiling knowingly up at him.

Harvey quirked an eyebrow at the two of them, silently questioning how Donna knew about Mike's feelings towards coffee this morning.

"As much as I'd like to voice my beliefs in Donna's sixth sense... I'm gonna have to say I texted her while you were drying the dishes and I was fixing the shower," mike answered him verbally.

"Hmmm... what are you two up too?" Harvey asked, his eyes and tone showing the fondness he held for the two.

"Who me? Why I am shocked at the accusation." Donna flicked her red hair off of her shoulder and batted her eyelashes innocently in Harvey's direction.

"I've learned that plotting against your boyfriend never really works out well. Not when he's the best closer in New York, and especially not after the big birthday fiasco," Mike grinned fondly at the memory.

He heard Donna laugh as she also remembered the events of the whole horribly planned birthday fiasco.

"I thought we decided we'd never speak of that incident ever again," Harvey replied, pinching the bridge of his nose as if that would stay the memories.

Donna cleared her throat, but you could still hear the laughter in her voice when she addressed them next.

"Actually Mike I need your help getting some files from the file room if you wouldn't mine. They're very heavy." Donna looked pointedly at Mike.

"Sure Donna, whatever you need." Mike sat the files she'd given him down along with the cup and highlighter, while he waited for her to walk around to where they were at.

"You actually do work? Here I thought I was overpaying you to sit in front of my office and look pretty," Harvey said sarcastically.

"You hear that Mike? Your boss thinks I'm pretty and that I'm going to do work for him," Donna quipped, looking at Mike in fake awe.

"Who's it for?" Harvey asked.

"Not that it's any of your business, but when Jessica heard I was coming in today she asked me to prep some stuff for her to get to on Monday," Donna answered.

"You never do any work for me, and I sign your paychecks," Harvey replied.

"I do all of your work, and for the record, I sign my paychecks for you." She winked as she started walking away.

"Back in a flash," Mike muttered, placing a kiss in the corner of Harvey's mouth and following quickly after Donna.

He made it to the file room and slipped in right before the door closed as he followed the redhead to the only desk in the room.

"Sit." She pointed at the desk and Mike moved to sit on top of it as he watched Donna begin to pace.

"How?" Mike asked, not needing to say anything else, knowing Donna would know exactly what he was talking about.

"It'll have to be something subtle, or you'll have to just outright tell him. He's less likely to have a melt down if he just hear's the straight truth," Donna answered.

"You don't think he'll like freak out or leave me or something?" Mike questioned as he finally let the nerves take over.

"Freak out? Definitely but not in a bad way, in that way of freaking out that Harvey has. Leave you? Mike he's so in love with you it hurts my soul just watching him look at you," Donna answered.

"I just don't know when's the right time to tell him. I mean do I take him out to dinner and tell him in public? Do I make him dinner at home and tell him then? Or should I just walk up to him and say 'Harvey you and me are going to have a baby'?" Mike admitted.

"We're going to have a what?" A familiar voice questioned from the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the sucky ending but I've got a killer headache and I'm just ready to go to sleep. Anyways enjoy and comment please? Thank you to my two subscribers and my one commenter, thank you so much.

oh and yes I did see the latest episode of Suits and lol Harvey does not look like his middle name would be Reginald... So for now, we're sticking with James... Lol I agree with Mike's face in that particular scene.

Anyways nighty night or good morning whatever it is wherever you're at.

ps. gonna edit chapter 1 as well.