‹ Prequel: Dark Dance
Status: Active again! Though updates may be slow.

Dark Intent

Twig

I slammed the bathroom door as I lunged for the toilet, my porcelain god. The sandwich Tommy made Sam and I flew out of my mouth in a splash of smelly mush. My arms trembled as I emptied my stomach and dry heaved. I slumped to the ground and hugged myself.

At this rate the whole kingdom will know I’m pregnant. I was cutting it close with Leila. I was just lucky she got distracted. Rising to my feet, I went to the sink and washed my face. The chilly water helped sooth my rebelling stomach.

I ran my hand through my hair, or the loose strains, and glance into the mirror. My eyes had dark circles, my long hair was tied back into a messy braid, there was a smear of dirt on my left cheek, a twig hidden in my hair, my cheeks were… wait. I straighten and plucked the twig from my braid. Didn’t I just pull you out? I tossed the twig in the waste basket.

I hopped in the shower and cleaned myself as I undid my hair. I leaned against the wall and let the warm water wash away my pain. Almost a month and my breast and back were already hurting. I really need to get some pain relievers and maybe Dramamine.

I wrapped a white towel around me, left the bathroom and stopped dead in my tracks. Leaning against the closed door was my endearing husband. He gazed up and down my body with a lusty look etched into his eye. I shifted uncomfortably, which only made him smirk with triumphant.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t your sibling back?” I questioned, trying to distract him while pulling my towel tighter against me.

“I think my family will understand, especially since the time spent will eventually produce an heir,” he said in a husky voice. My eyes twitched in irritation, it was that time of the month. The only night of the month I actually got to sleep with my husband, both ways. Unfortunately for him I don’t pencil in sex. And for him to make an assumption that I wanted a child was stupid on his part. I tried all my life to fight my father ideas just to be pushed back into them, I don’t think so.

He glided over to me, brushing the back of his hand against my bare shoulder. “What makes you think I will produce an heir with you? I barely see you and not to mention the cold shoulder I get from everyone around here. Are you sure your people want you to produce an heir with a foreigner?!” I shouted at him as I jerked away from his touch. He stood there shocked by my behavior. Add mood swings to the ever growing list of why I hate being pregnant.

“Judith that's no way to speak to a king, it’s-”

“I’m not speaking to a king, I’m yelling at my husband, Cortez. Or did you forget that you married me. The way you hang around with Isabella, it makes me feel like yesterday’s garbage.”

The lusty look in his eyes vanished to be replaced with growing anger. “There is nothing going on between me and Isabella. We are just old friends.”

“Dragon shit! Are you really that blind? She is throwing herself at you and your parents are helping. Somehow they have persuaded you into thinking, sleeping in a separate room from your wife is good!” I yelled at the top of my lung right in his face. Something snapped in his eyes.

Suddenly I was on the floor, my cheek stinging. I lightly touched my cheek and winced. It was red hot. I glare up at Cortez and scooted away from him. His anger turned to horror in an instant. “Judith-”

“Get out,” I commanded in a low icy tone.

He took a step towards me and I scooted farther away. “Judith I don’t know what came-”

“Get. Out. now.”

“Judith-”

“NOW!” I shrieked. He jumped a little then backed away. The look in his eyes screamed for forgiveness, but he wouldn’t get any from me. Once he saw the look of disgust in my eyes he slipped out of the room and shut the door softly.

I got up, got dressed and laid in bed in an emotionless state. Then the wall broke down. Tears flooded over my cheeks. My cheek still stung, there was going to be a bruise. He hit me, the man I loved, hit me. He hit me over Isabella. My heart ached at the realization that I was losing him. As tears fell continuously, I decided I needed to get out, now.

***

I quietly, but quickly hurried to the garage. It was early enough that no one would notice me. I stepped into the car garage and went to the last bay. I gasped in delight as I saw my done up car. Instead of it be a pearly white it was steel cold silver. Aaron was bent over the hood putting the finishing touches on the heat seal.

He was blessed with fire ability and with his extensive knowledge on cars; he came up with a way for my car to break the sound barrier, twice, of course with the help of my metal magic. The symbol he was burning in the hood of my car was the offspring of a treble clef and the letter ‘F’ would look like. The symbol was an iridescent light black. At certain angles it couldn’t be seen.

He turned to me and cocked his head, then scratched his head. “Are you alright?” After Cortez left I went through a sort of shock. I grabbed a pair of scissors and snipped my braid at the base of my neck letting it fall into a choppy ‘A-line’, then I died it a dark brown. As for my clothes, I donned a brown long-sleeved shirt with a black vest hoody over it, with a pair of black jean and black shoes.

I tilted my head, “Yeah just peachy.” Suddenly there was a flash of concern in his eyes.

“Judith is that a bruise?” I gentle touch my face.

“I ran into a wall,” I said all too quickly, for he squinted at me. “Well thanks for fixing my car up.” I grabbed the keys, pressed the button for the bay door, and hopped into Paul .
Aaron walked over to my window. “Once you reach 300mph the emblem will activate, causing the air to heat, creating no drag. I also removed the electric limiter as you asked, so you should be able to break mock two. Oh and I checked on your little steering problem, someone dicked around with the tie rod. You’re lucky the wheels turned at all.”

He took a step back as I revved the engine. “Once again, thanks.”

“Are you sure your fine?” I nodded my head. He cocked his head again. “What’s that in your hair?” I reached into my now short brown hair and plucked a twig from it. The same twig from earlier. Great it’s following me, I through it on the passenger seat and shifted gears. “You’re coming back right?” I stared at Aaron, but didn’t say anything. I slammed on the gas and punch it
out of the palace grounds.

***

I stopped at Tommy’s before leaving. Instead of parking under the tree I pulled up to his house. I jumped out a rushed to his door.

“Well I was wondering when you would come say good bye.” I jumped and spun on my heels to see Tommy sitting on his rocker. I didn’t even notice him.

“Good bye?” I asked in mock innocence. He chuckled and got up.

“This is for you. It has ginger for your nausea, and willow bark for your aches, some metal that may come in handy later, and some money,” he said handing me a sack. I went to protest but he stopped me. “If you need anything call me. Oh and you have a twig in your hair. One more thing did you happen to see the tree when you drove in?” I shook my head. “It’s the oddest thing, it just disappeared. Well anyways be safe.” Without another word he left me on his porch alone. How did he know I was leaving?

I shrugged my shoulder. I knew better than to look a gifted horse in the mouth.