Status: Please don't be a silent reader.

Oceanus Origins

Pirate Day

Okay, so Lionel suddenly appearing didn’t seem to be a bad thing at all. My mum had actually made a new friend, she didn’t have many friends outside of work so it was nice to see her interact with someone different other then our family. He had been with us through Christmas and now it was nearing another year gone by with not much happening at all.

Though for the day Rosemarie had taken us all out to Derby and we were showing Lionel around and buying him modern clothes and having mini fashion shows to have a laugh. Lionel was settling in quickly but we were having to teach him a lot about the modern day and why women didn’t cover themselves up any more and how they were considered more equal to men. Lionel didn’t not respect women, he adored them and he was happy women nowadays were looked mainly as equals to men.

“This… Face book… what is it?” Lionel asked as Rosemarie was talking about her company’s fan page,
“Nothing you should worry about at the moment.” I smirked as Rosemarie was on her iPad playing around. We were currently sitting in a pub/bar having lunch as I was sipping a glass of water and we were eating a massive pizza we were all sharing.

“So Rosemarie, glad you managed to get Courtney’s necklace sorted before we headed to Paris with Lionel here.” I spoke as Rosemarie looked at Courtney, who was happier then I had ever seen her,
“Yeah, me too. Now we all can go next weekend and get you sorted with your past so you can catch up on your heritage and then we can try and work out how you time traveled and all that jazz.” Rosemarie spoke as she lifted her feet up and put them across my legs as she leaned back on her chair on the back two legs as I rolled my eyes.

Lionel soon taken a piece of pizza and quickly had a bite. As he hummed with joy at the taste of the food Lionel looked between Rosemarie and myself,
“This modern food is delicious. I wish we had food like this from my time.” Lionel spoke,
“This is from Italy traditionally so all you’d need to do is travel south.” Rosemarie smirked.

As we were enjoying the pizza a man in a black suit walked over and stood between me and Rosemarie as she put her feet down,
“We are good for drinks thanks.” Rosemarie spoke, as she didn’t look up from her phone,
“I wasn’t asking about getting you more drinks.” A deep voice spoke as me and Rosemarie looked towards each other then up at the black man with the eye patch.
“When did it become national pirate day?” Rosemarie spoke; the man didn’t seem amused as he looked towards Rosemarie.

“My name is Nick Fury, director of an organization called S.H.I.E.L.D. may I talk to you.” Nick looked towards me,
“What ever you want to say to me you can say to my friends.” I spoke, as he didn’t seem amused about that.
“Well let me take you all to somewhere more private so we can talk.” Nick spoke as Rosemarie stood up,
“No can do for me. I’ve got to get going, work to do and people to see. You guys can find your way home right?” Rosemarie asked as I nodded, “See you and wouldn’t want to be you at this moment in time.” Rosemarie smirked and left.

Courtney, Lionel and myself followed after Fury as he led us to a massive car and we all got in, though the seats were facing each other like in a taxi. So we were sat in the car facing Fury and another woman who was sitting next to him.

“So…?” I spoke as Fury looked at me,
“You are Oceanus are you not? And you are Honey Blood?” Fury asked,
“How do you know…?” I pointed to Courtney,
“We work hard to gather as much information as we can about possible threats.” The woman spoke, I was shocked,
“Excuse me?” I leaned forward, a little aggression in my voice, as she didn’t seem phased. “I have protected this country since the word go and you look at us as a potential threat?” I snapped,
“We just want to make sure we know whose side you are on.” Fury spoke as I sat back in the seat and folded my arms. Okay… maybe it was that time of the month and any little comment like that did piss me off in a matter of seconds. But it was bloody obvious which side I was on, especially with Courtney and Lionel with me. Why would I want to hurt people? I am a good person, for the year of protecting the country from small and large threats these people obviously couldn’t tell…

“Happy Birthday as well…” Nick Fury spoke as I shown him a sarcastic smile. That was the main reason we were in Derby, Rosemarie wanted to plan something massive but I just said I wanted a nice day out with my friends… I was now 19 and I was starting to feel old…

“What do you want with me?” I asked, Nick looked me over and folded his arms,
“I just want to show you that we are on your side too. And to possibly offer you a job.” Fury spoke; I blinked in surprise as he watched me for a reaction,
“A job… but I have one…” I spoke,
“Protecting your best friend? She doesn’t need much protection with a black belt, skills in archery, and she is incredibly intelligent. I think she will be fine.” Fury spoke as I glared at him for a moment.

After a long boring drive we arrived at an ordinary building, like any other at the edge of the city of Derby. Walking inside though… it was completely different, it was the most high tech building I had ever seen, camera’s everywhere, and computers dotted around.

Soon enough I was in a room with a mirror sitting at a table with Fury sitting opposite me, unfortunately Courtney and Lionel were made to wait outside.
“Where is the good cop?” I asked,
“So you assume I’m the bad cop?” Fury asked,
“Patched eye, black suit, there has got to be some dark story behind that look.” I spoke as Fury sighed and looked at the tablet he was holding in front of him.

“You first appeared to the public a year ago after saving a bank robbery…” Fury spoke as I sat back in the chair and folded my arms, what was this guy’s deal?
“Yes. No shit… I was there.” I spoke as Fury ignored my comment. I was seriously PMSing today…

Fury looked over my face as I frowned at him,
“Look… I have noticed that you are getting a little team going with some of your friends here… it is my job to protect the world and every living thing on it.” Fury explained,
“That’s my job as well, and the people who help me have made it their job too. And maybe yes, I do have a team, as I know if I need their help I can call on them and they would help me. No questions asked.” I explained, and Fury leaned back in his chair, he seemed to like the idea of a team of people with extraordinary abilities looking after a country.

The thing that pissed me off more is that this interrogation seemed to last forever. It was questions about my life, why I did this, why I wanted to protect people. Those I had fought in the past. Who I thought was going to be a threat in the future? Seriously… if they were such a super organization then why did they need to ask me about all these details?

Though as I sat there getting more and more bored as each minute passed what I didn’t know was that my best friend had been kidnapped… taken by someone who was going to very soon join my team…

Though the door soon opened and the woman from before walked in, Maria Hill…
“Rosemarie Winter’s has been kidnapped. There was a massive car crash on the motorway as she was heading back and she was missing from our car. Apparently taken by the woman who seemed to have caused the crash.” Maria spoke, Fury followed after her and I quickly followed,
“You see now why I am her body guard?” I snapped as Lionel and Courtney quickly saw us walk out of the room and kept pace as Courtney grabbed my hand,
“Is Rosemarie okay?” Courtney asked,
“No… someone has taken her…” I spoke and followed Maria and Fury into the main room where they had a lot of bigger computer screens displaying all sorts of information,
“Who?” Courtney asked.

“The Black Bullets have finally appeared again.” Fury spoke,
“Who?” I asked as I looked to him,
“They are a gang from Japan who are known for shooting customized bullets made of black Japanese steel.” Fury explained as I listened to him, “They have four lieutenants and one boss who has never been seen but is believed to be related to the four lieutenants. They each have a different set of skills. There is Jigsaw, a man obsessed with games but he plays sick games where he kidnaps his victims and they have to win the game or die. Inspired by the Saw films… Gogo, she apparently inspired the character from the film Kill Bill. Dead Zone, the oldest and most deadly with a sniper. Then there is this woman… Lady Geisha, who has just been spotted on the motorway carrying away a five foot ginger haired woman.” Fury spoke as a woman appeared on screen wearing a short red and black dress with a white mask as she carried a katana in one hand and Rosemarie over her shoulder.

“Where can we find them?” I asked, Fury looked at me,
“Are you really going to go after them?” Fury asked, I glared at him,
“They are on my turf and they have kidnapped my best friend. Of course I’m going after them. After I call a friend over from Ireland to help.” I spoke as Lionel moved next to me,
“I shall help you too. Yourself and Rosemarie have helped me developed my abilities and helped me to discover my speed. I shall help you recover her.” Lionel stood tall as Courtney grabbed my hand,
“I want to help as well.” Courtney spoke as she smiled at me,
“You can help from a distance and give me a call on any updates these guys get, you are too young to be on the field yet Courtney.” I explained as she frowned a little bit, but I knew she understood what I meant and accepted the fact that she did have to stay behind.

I pulled my phone out and called a friend I hadn’t seen for a few months. A friend who actually put me in the situation of showing myself to the world… Franklin O’Connor. The phone rang and rang but nobody picked up, when a voicemail message appeared I sighed and then spoke as the beep went off.
“Frankie… its Precious. I need your help, Rosemarie has been kidnapped and I want your help to find her. Give me a call back and I’ll tell you where to meet me. I know you can teleport over easily so get here as soon as you can.” I spoke, I looked to Fury and smirked, “This is why Rosemarie needs me. She doesn’t expect to constantly be on her guard because she is that egotistical she believes she is untouchable.” I explained as Fury looked away, “Now if you excuse me. I’m going to go save my friend.” I spoke, a look of determination in my eyes with a small smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys! Please let me know what you think of the layout.