Secretly

Ten

“I should go get ready,” Julie said, turning to face Jon. “Patrick’s probably not close to done yet though…”

Jon cleared his throat. “Right. Where are guys going?”

“We’re double dating with Sharpie and Abby,” Julie said. “Couple’s dinner or something like that.”

It was Sharpie and his wife’s tradition to go out to dinner at least once a month. They called it Couple’s Night and invited all the players to come along with their significant others. Kane always made fun of this, saying he didn’t do double dates, just threesomes.

Jon had a feeling he shouldn’t share that with Julie.

But since when did Kaner go on double dinner dates?

“What are you up to?” Julie asked.

Jon was about to leave when he turned and shrugged. “Just going out with a couple of the guys.”

…..

Jon woke up, a thunderstorm brewing in his head. He lifted his head and looked over at the sleeping figure next to him.

Jackie (or was it Jamie?) was snoring softly. She was even gorgeous in her sleep. Her skin was perfectly smooth and blemish free and her white blond hair was long and thick. Jon remembered running his hands through that hair and down that skin last night and into the early hours of the morning.

Jon got up and tiptoed in the kitchen. Maybe if things worked out with Jackie/Jamie, then he wouldn’t have to worry about a certain freckled face girl.

Jackie/Jamie was beautiful. She was curvy in all the right places and belonged in a Victoria’s Secret catalog.

Yeah, Jon thought, smiling to himself. Things would be just fine.

“Ew!” Jon heard Jackie/Jamie scream from the bathroom. He ran over to see what the commotion was all about. Jackie/Jamie was standing by the sink, his toothbrush in hand.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking back and forth between the toothbrush and her. He didn’t like when girls used his toothbrush, and kept a couple of new ones under the sink. She’d obviously missed the memo.

“There was a spider,” she said. “But it’s okay. It was tiny and I killed it with your toothbrush. Sorry.”

Nope, Jon sighed. This was NOT going to work. And freckles were nice. They gave a face character.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry!! But if/when anything happens between the two, it's going to happen with a BANG (I promise!) Don't worry, Jon's going to get another chance though! I don't know if he's going to take it or not, though... ;)

Thanks a billion for reading and subscribing!!!!