Another Night, Another Score

Ive Given It All To You, I Wish You Would Return The Favour

The next morning when Alex woke up, he was curled up in Jacks arms, with his head on his chest. He looked up from where his head was positioned and smiled when he saw that Jack was still fast asleep. They were still squished together on the small sofa, and Alex shivered remembering last nights events. It had felt so different, so special. It scared and pleased Alex at the same time. Looking at the time, he saw that it was 8:10am, so he snuggled back down when he realised he had loads of time left with Jack. About half an hour passed, and soon Alex heard Jack stirring, before looking down and seeing the position they had fallen asleep in. He smiled softly and rubbed Alex's back.
"Morning" He yawned, stretching his arms above his head and blinking a couple of times to wake himself up.
"Hungry..." He spoke again before Alex even had a chance to say anything. Laughing, Alex sat up and both of them put their boxers back on, he then allowed himself to be pulled towards the kitchen by a still sleepy Jack.
"Jacky, make me coffee? Please?"
Alex sat down at the kitchen table and just about heard Jack mutter a "lazy". Grinning to himself, he let his eyes rake over Jacks skinny body. He loved the way his shoulder blades and hip bones stuck out, and the way his hair was all messed up from sleeping. He loved the way he chewed his bottom lip and ran his hands through his hair when he was anxious or upset. He loved the way he blushed everytime he got nervous, and the way he tapped his fingers on the nearest surface when he was being impatient. He loved the way his nose crinkled up when he laughed, and he loved the way he would smirk at Alex when he knew he was driving him crazy. Alex had never come across anybody with so many good qualities, or anybody that made Alex feel the way Jack did. It was overwhelming, but Alex wasn't sure f that was a good thing.
"There ya go lazy ass."
The coffee was placed on the table infront of him, and Jack sat down watching him as he took a sip.
"Ahh that's better. Thankyou."
"Alex...?"
He spoke in a cautious tone, making Alexs insides knot together in anxiety.
"I... I'm not too sure about how I feel at the moment, and the only thing I know for certain is that I'm really scared. So... Maybe we should call things off for a bit. Just to make sure our feelings are genuine."
Alexs heart dropped like a stone. His palms started sweating and he could feel his heartbeat pounding in his head. Just as he had started to accept his feelings Jack was rejecting his own?
"And you couldn't have told me this before you slept with me last night? Before we kissed? Before you let me believe that something could happen?"
His voice was raising in anger with each sentence, and he took a couple of deep breaths to attempt to calm himself.
"It's not like that Alex, stop being so selfish!"
Jacks voice was raised too now, and he stood up and started lacing around the room. This was typical. This is just another life lesson though. The second you start to trust someone, to care for someone, they will AlWAYS throw it right back in your face. It had happened before, and not it was happening again.
"I'm being selfish? I'm not the one who acted all cutesy with another guy right in front of your face, I'm not the one who slept with you and then said I didn't know what I was feeling! I'm not the selfish one here Jack."
His voice had gone dangerously low, and with Alex that was a sure sign that he was about to loose it.
"Whatever. Maybe you should just go, leave me and my selfish thoughts alone."
His voice was angry and bitter, and it pierced through Alex's body like a knife.
"I think so too, see you around. Or not hopefully."
The venom in Alex's voice made Jack flinch, making Alex feel a twinge of guilt and remorse. His pride took over however, and he strode back into the living room and got dressed before slamming the front door of Jacks house behind him. Halfway down the street Alex paused, looking back at the house. Every fibre of his body was telling him to run back, to throw himself into Jacks arms and to make up. But his head won this battle. Jack was bad news, and Alex had been a fool for believing otherwise. He carried on down the road, with his held high and his fists clenched, promising himself one thing; He would never allow Jack Barakat to get under his skin again.

*one month later*

"Alex I'm telling you, the guy looked desperate. I could just tell him your address and you two could make up again. You havnt been happy for a while, I can just tell."
Her voice was pleading, and Alex perched on the end of his bed, twirling the phone chord between his fingers.
"I don't want to make up with him Ella. Besides, I have Nathan now don't I?"
She sighed done the phone, and he could practically see her frowning.
"Get real Alex, he is absolutely pathetic. Also don't thibk I havnt noticed how he is the complete opposite of Jack appearance wise! And I know you don't mind me insulting him because I know that you're thinking the same thing."
Alex sighed. She spoke the truth. The day after Jack and Alex's argument Alex had gone out and gotten himself a boyfriend. He was just Alex's usual type too. Spineless, weak, pathetic. Everything Alex needed.
"He's been round here everyday for the past two weeks. He even posts noted through the door when I'm not in. He is absolutely desperate to talk to you, and I know you feel the same. Why won't you just swallow your pride?"
Every day? Those words made Alex shiver as his heart started thudding, still saying nothing in reply to Ella.
"Ugh you know what I can't talk to you when you're like this. Just think about it yeah? and don't call until you've changed your mind!"

"Hi baby!"
Nathans annoying voice came from behind him, and before Alex had a chance to move a pair of arms had wrapped around him from behind. This boy had to be one of the most irritating people Alex had ever come across. The only good thing about him was that his weakness made it east for Alex to stay in control. At least he knew he would never fall in love with this man, so therefore he was in no danger. Plastering an entirely false smile on his face, he turned around to face him. Nathan was by no stretch of the imagination a bad looking guy. His light blonde hair came down to his jaw, framing his face nicely. His eyes were a full blue colour, framed by blonde eyelashes. A few freckles were dotted across his nose and cheeks, contrasting against his pale skin. Nice looking sure, but annoying as fuck.
"Hi babe. You wanna get going then?"
When he spoke he didn't sound like his usual self, but Nathan seemed totally oblivious.
"Sure! You know I have been excited about this a week..."
Alex did as he always found himself doing when speaking to Nathan, and totally zoned out. Nathan grabbed Alex's hand as they walked down the busy street together heading for the cinema, twining their fingers together.

Ella's P.O.V.

The sound of the doorbell rang through her apartment, and she rolled her eyes already knowing who would be on the other side of the door. It was sweet that he was so desperate too see him and everything, but it was also starting to get pretty annoying. Sure enough, when she opened the door there stood Jack, looking even.rougher than the last time she had seen him.
"Did you speak to him? Has he come around?"
He looked so sad and so pitiful that Ella just couldn't be annoyed at him. Sighing, she opened the door wider so that there would be space for him to get past.
"Come in Jack."
Shutting the door behind him, they stood in the hallway as Jack eagerly awaited an answer.
"I did try Jack, I really did. But he's a stubborn one, and he wasn't about to be persuaded anytime soon. I'm sorry."
Sighing, he ran his hands through his dark hair and looked at her sadly.
"It's okay its not your fault. I mean at least you-"
The rest of Jacks sentence was cut off by the shrill sound of Ellas doorbell. She wasn't expecting visitors, therefore she had no idea who would be waiting on the other side of the door. It opened to reveal Alex, with his whiney pathetic boyfriend clinging to his arm like a child seeking attention. Alex's jaw fell open when he saw Jack, and Jack looked like he was about to throw up. All Ella could do was stand there, as the tension in the air grew thicker and thicker. Jacks voice broke the silence, and his voice sounded loud even though it was barely above a whisper.
"I'm sorry Alex. I'm so sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and rubbish :( they will get better soon, I promise. Thankyou too the subscribers and commenters, so cool :D <3