Another Night, Another Score

You're Just A Daydream Away

The next two weeks passesd in a simular pattern. Every night Jack would pick Alex up, same time same place. It was starting to become a part of daily routine, but Alex certainly wasn't complaining. In fact, he started looking foreward to his nights with Jack, and was suprised when things never seemed to get boring between them. Every night Alex would come home having learned something new about him. His favourite colour is blue. His favourite band is either Blink 182 or Green Day, but he can't choose between them. Though he works in a coffee shop, he can't stand coffee. Both his parents had died in a car accident when he was sixteen, leaving him with a house and all their money. With each new thing he learnt about Jack, the closer they got. They had actually started having good conversations on the way to Jacks house every night,whether it was about music or television or about family and friends. Though deep down Alex knew that nothing would happen between them apart from sex, he couldn't help but picture a life in which Jack was his. He tried his hardest not too, but the more Alex told himself that Jack was too good for him, the more his heart told him to not give up so easily. But when he sat down and really thought about it, Alex knew that he was only there for one thing. Jack wasn't attracted to him as a person, and he certainly wouldn't think of Alex as boyfriend material. The only thing Jack liked about the relationship between the two was that he could count on having Alex in his bed every night. The saddest part was that Alex didn't even mind. He didn't mind being used by this man. He didn't mind not earning as much money as he used to, making it difficult for Alex to buy essentials. He didn't mind because Alex would hate to disappoint him. He would hate to see him upset or angry. As much as Alex hated the fact that he was starting to care for this man, he couldn't stop it. Jack invaded his thoughts, his mind, even his dreams. He was all Alex could think about. The more pain he caused him, the harder Alex would hold on. That is exactly what had happened in a past relationship, when Alex was 15. His parents hadn't known about this boyfriend of his, because he was too cowardly to tell them. To cut a long story short, Alex had met Quade when he was 15 and Quade was 18. It was a perfect relationship in Alex's eyes. Although there was always one thing that bugged him, and that was that Quade had only ever been interested in sex when they were together. It had bugged him, but he had thought that having sex all the time was what made a healthy relationship. Turns out that Quade already had a boyfriend, and was simply using Alex for when the person he had actual feelings for didn't put out. After finding out, Alex carried on loving him. Carried on giving himself to him. Carried on relying on him, until one day Quade told Alex to get out of his life. So after that, Alex had always made sure that he was the one in control in relationships. He would never go out with someone he could develop feelings for, because he wanted to be the heart breaker, not the one left with a broken heart. Since Quade, Alex had never slept with or gone out with someone he geniuinely liked. Because deep down he knew that the same thing would just happen again, and that person would realise that they could have it so much better with someone else. He knew that what he did was a scummy, selfish and cowardly thing to do, but what could he say? He was all of those things and more. No, Alex would not allow himself to develop any kind of feelings towards Jack. In fact he would do whatever it took not too.

"Alexx?" Ella,'s voice sounded from behind him as he stood in the kitchen in her apartment.
"Yeahh?" He replied mimiking her tone. He turned round to look at her to see that she was standing right behind him. He jumped back, alarmed by her sudden closeness and she laughed at him before speaking again.
"Well... I was supposed to be going out with one of my friends for dinner tomorrow night, but he rung me today to say thathe was going to bring a date and that I should too. Will you come with me? As a friend obviously, I know you don't swing that way and you're practically in love with Jack. But anyway, will you come? Please?" She batted her eyelids and jutted out her bottom lip, looking at him with pleading eyes. There was one part of what she had said that was really bothering him though. 
"Practically in love with Jack?! Please, as if. I have no feelings for that man whatsoever, and anybody with eyes and half a brain could see that." She looked startled at his sudden outburst, and Alex suddenly became worried that he had upset her. Luckily though she just laughed at him.
"Okay then, if you say so. Thats not the matter at hand though, will you come?" Alex thought for a minute. It wouldn't be so bad really would it? And he would hate to let Ella down, because he knew that she would do it for him. 
"Sure El, I'll come." She thanked him and kissed his cheek quickly, before Alex told her that he had to make a move. 
"Ahh okay, no worries. Wouldn't want you to be late for Jacky now would we." She smirked at him knowingly, ducking when he threw the teatowel at her head. 
"Shut it. But you're right." And with that he walked out of the kitchen and out the front door, calling out a goodbye as he left. 

Alex lay panting on Jack's bed, as he came down from the incredible high that this man had just given him. He looked to his left to see Jack in a simular position, his head lulled in Alex's direction and he smiled cheekily at him. Alex's heart rate quickened at that as he smiled back, sitting up and preparing to start picking up his clothes. He felt a hand on his arm and he turned to look at Jack, who had an uncertain look on his face. 
"Alex... Well... I...Umm" He was stuttering in an unbelievably cute way, and Alex tried to figure out what he was attempting to say. He waited patiently until he spoke again, more confidently this time.
"Well... I always feel sorta bad kicking you out every night, so I thought that maybe if you wanted to you could kip here for the night? I mean... You don't have to obviously, i just thought..." He trailed off looking extremely uncomfortable, and making Alex's heart jolt. He wanted him to soend the night. The thought made his body flood with warmth, and made him feel way more happy than he should have. 
"If thats okay with you, then that would be nice." Alex laid back down, pulling the cover up to his chin and getting comfey in the huge bed. Jack did the same, shifting around and eventually finding a comfortable position. 
"Also... I'm busy tomorrow night. So I wont see you." When Alex spoke Jack looked at him for a while, and then nodded sleepily. 
"Okay then, thanks for the heads up. Night night." He yawned, letting his eyes slip shut again. Alex looked at him for a second, before responding with a mumbled goodnight. He was absolutely spent, and the warmth he had felt from earlier still hadn't faded. Alex had no trouble finding sleep that night. 

Jacks P.O.V.
Alex had left at about luchtime that day, and Jack was still grinning like an idiot about the morning that they had spent together. It had been great, they had made breakfast together, and sat around watching telly and drinking tea for the rest of the time. Jack hadn't felt so relaxed and at ease with someone in so long... It was a feeling that he had missed. But with that feeling of ease came fear. Fear of falling for someone who would never look twice at Jack. Fear of falling for someone who only saw him as someone who he could get money out of. Because technically, thats all Jack was to Alex. Just another customer, someone who he would spend the night with and not think about again, until next time. As much as Jack had enjoyed that morning, he knew that it could never happen again. Because things like that would be the cause of Jack developing feelings for Alex, and that would be nothing but heartbreak and bad news for Jack. Luckily Jack had arranged a date with someone that night. Hopefully, Tom would make him forget about his feelings for Alex and he could just completely move on. Though Jack knew this wouldn't happen. He liked Tom, and he was absolutely gorgeous to look at, but he knew he would never love him. Luckily it wasn't a proper date, because Tom had mentioned a friend that would be tagging along, as he had already made arrangements with her when he had asked Jack out. If this didn't get his mind off Alex for at least an hour or two, he didn't know what would. 

Alex's P.O.V.
Alex had actually made an effort with his appearence tonight. He wanted to look good, so that Ella would have mo shame in saying that he was her "date". He was dressed in his super tight jeans, with a fitted t-shirt and his old worn converse. His hair had beed straightned and blow dryed, an styled with a little gel. As vain as it made him sound, he looked good tonight. He knocked on Ellas door at 6:45 and grinned when she wolf whistled at him. 
"Could say the same to you! You look stunning." She stepped out the front door, locking it behind her before smiling graciously at him.
"Thankyou sir." Alex linked his arm through hers and they walked off in the direction of the resturant that they would be eating at tonight. Upon further observation, Alex could genuinely say that Ella looked beyond beautiful tonight. Her hair wasn't styled, just fell down her back in natural waves and she was wearing a pretty floral print dress. She was wearing a tiny bit of makeup, which was unusual for her, but it made her eyes look an even more gorgeous shade of blue. She was babbling excitedly clutching Alex's arm, and he smiled fondly at her, tuning in to what she was saying.
"You'll love Tom, he's a right laugh and he is gorgeous. I wounder what his dates gonna be like though? I would bet that he has dark hair. Tom loves dark haired men." She carried on talking about what she thought Tom's date was going to look like, before they reached the resturant. They walked in together and looked around, and Ella explained to the waitor that the people they were meeting hadn't arrived yet. The waitir led them to a table near the back and Alex took a seat beside Ella. 
"Oh look Tom's here! Oh wait... Oh no. Oh god." She looked at Alex with a panicked expression and Alex's heart dropped like a stone when he saw what she was talking about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou so much to the new comments and subscribers, It seriously made my day when i looked at mibba earlier <3 thankyou so much, and again feedback is always appreciated :D x