Another Night, Another Score

A Handful Of Moments I Wished I Could Change

Jack's P.O.V.

He watched Alex run out of the door, and looked at Ella to see that she looked like she wanted to go after him.
"Is he okay?" 
Tom's voice pulled Jack out of his thoughts, and he looked completely oblivious. A feeling of guilt settled in the pit of Jack's stomach. He hadn't meant to hurt Alex, he didn't realise that Alex would even care if he went out on a date. Jack had only done it to keep his feelings for Alex at bay anyway. Realising that there was no other way to make this better, he decided that the best thing to do would be to talk to him. Then maybe he could figure out everything that was going on, because frankly he was confused at the moment.
Tom's arm nudged his and Jack turned to face him. His emotions must have been showing on his face because when Tom spoke again it was in a curious tone.
"You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or something." 
His head was tilted to one side, and he studied Jack's face as he tried to come up with a believable lie.
"I... I'm alright. I actually feel a little ill though."
The last part wasn't a lie. He felt so confused and so guilty, that it was starting to make his stomach churn.
"Aww bless you. I'll drop you home then if you feel ill. You want a lift to Ella?"  
Him adressing her seemed to startle her, she looked as if she had been deep in thought before. 
"Would you mind? I don't really fancy walking home alone."
Looking at Ella, he saw a look of worry on her pretty face. 
"Right, lets get going then." 
They all exited the resturant, and headed towards Tom's car that was parked right  near the entrance. Once they had started driving away, Jack found himself staring blankly out the window, completely lost in his own thoughts. 
"You alright El? You've never been this quiet in all the years I've known you!" 
He spoke in a joking tone, but there was genuine concern underneath. Turning round to look at Ella, he saw that she was frowning and biting her nails.
"Not really. I'm really worried about Alex." 
"Do you know what was wrong with him?" 
Jack waited with baited breath for the reply to Tom's question.
"Well... yeah I know about something thats been bringing him down for a couple of weeks now. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid."
The rest of the car journey was spent in absolute silence, something that Jack didn't mind. The car stopped outside Ella's house, and she clambered out in the most graceful way she could manage.
"Bye bye you two. Take care, and thanks for the ride!" 
She smiled warmly at them, before turning around and heading up to the stairway to her flat. The ride to Jack's house was, once again, silent. Tom stopped the car outside Jacks drive, and turned to look at him. The way he was looking at Jack was starting to make him feel uncomfortable.
"Well... Thankyou for dinner. I had a good night." 
That was a lie. The only good part of his night was getting to see Alex, and even that got ruined. 
"Yeah me too. I'll call you?" 
Jack couldn't help but feel sorry for Tom. It was obvious that he liked Jack, but Jack just wasn't the relationship type. 
"Yeah okay. Thanks again, night." 
He got out of the car and walked up his driveway, before turning back to see Tom looking at him. He waved goodbye to him, and walked inside his house shutting the door behind him. Sighing he leant against the closed door, running a hand through his hair. He always managed to find a way to fuck things up.

*Two days later*

It was half past 10, and once again Alex wasnt here. What little hope Jack had left, had just been crushed. He had waited here for two nights in a row now, and still hadn't seen Alex. It was starting to make him go crazy. He was starting to think about him more and more, he was even starting to dream about him. Jack didn't understand why he missed him so much. But right now, Jack wasn't here because he wanted sex. He was here because he genuinely missed Alex's company, and hated the idea of him being upset. It didn't look like Alex was going to turn up though. Deciding that it would be best to just go home, Jack drove back with a heavy feeling settling in his chest. A feeling that he knew wouldn't go away until he saw Alex again. 

Alex's P.O.V.

Alex woke up to a familiar feeling. The feeling of being used. Feeling dirty, feeling disgusting. He had been forced to go back to his old customers last night, and it was a really nasty shock. The greasy, unkept, vile men were a far cry from what he had grown accustomed to with Jack. He lifted up one arm and saw that there were several bruises forming around his wrists, along with some cresent shaped nail marks. Sitting up in bed, he felt a sharp pain run up his spine. He cried out, forgetting about how rough the man from last night was. He shut his eyes tightly as the memories from last night came flooding back. A dirty old guy well into his forties telling him to get on his hands and knees in the backseat of his car. Forcing himself into Alex, with no warning or preparation. The way he panted making the air smell like his breath - whiskey and garlic. The pain that never went away as he pounded mercilessly into Alex, before orgasming. Luckily he had the decency to wear a condom - Alex would have felt even more gross if he hadn't. Sighing, he decided to get out of bed ignoring the pain for the second time that morning. Hobbling to the shower, he suddenly remembered that there would be no chance of him having hot water. He didn't really have much of a choive though, because tere was no way he would go without one. He could still smell the sweat from the stranger on hos body, and it was starting to make him feel queasy. Jumping into the freezing cold water, he had a quick yet thorough shower before getting out and wrapping a towel round his waist. Picking up the phone he dialed Ella's number and twirled his wet hair between his fingers.
"Hello?" Ella's voice sounded through the phone, making Alex jump slightly.
"Hey El, do you mind if I pop over for a shower? Its just that-"
He was cut off by Ella speaking to him in a strict voice.
"Now Alex, you know that you can come over anytime you want to. And of course you can use my shower!" 
"Thanks El, you're a life saver. See you in a minute."
He hung up the phone before chicking on some old jeans and a t shirt and leaving the house.

The front door of Ella's house swung open before he even had a chance to knock, and there she stood wearing an oversized t shirt and a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Opening the door wide enough for him to enter, she stepped back to let him in. 
"You know where the shower is, theres shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and towels in there for ya." 
"Thankyou." 
He limped past her smiling, and heading down the hall towards her bathroom. It was such a relief to be in a nice warm shower. He would have to be very lucky to get a hot shower at home, and it was a luxury that he was not really used to. After using all the products in Ella's bathroom, leaving him smelling like a fruit basket, he just let the hot water run down his back for a while. Eventually, his thoughts drifted to Jack. Sighing, he compared last night to some of the amazing nights he had spent with Jack. Jack had known exactly what to do to make Alex go crazy, and had known all of Alex's weak spots. The pleasure that Jack gave to Alex was overwhelming, and sometimes enough to make him black out a little. Just thinking about that was enough to make Alex's heart feel heavy. He had decided to not go back to where he and Jack would meet for the past two nights - It would be better for the both of them if they just didn't see eachother anymore. Alex couldn't handle being second best, not again. Not after Quade. Shutting off the water and wrapping one of Ella's fluffy towels around his waist, Alex stepped out of the shower. He dried himself carefully, careful not to aggravate the new wounds on his body, before getting dressed. Walking into the living room, he saw that Ella was curled up on he sofa, eating chocolate and watching an old re-run of Desperate Housewives. Helping himself to some chocolate, he sat down next to her. 
"Alex... Why are you limping?" 
She looked concerned, which was nice. Nobody was ever concerned about him. 
"Just had a particularly bad customer last night... He was vile aswell." 
Shuddering at the thought, he absently ran his fingers over the bruises on his arms. Ella gasped upon seeing them.
"I'm guessing Jack didn't give you those?" 
"No... I decided not to go back there. I don't want to be second best Ella, not again." 
His eyes started welling up with tears, but he wasn't going to cry in front of her. She took his hand in her own gently, rubbing sooting circles into his skin. That worked in calming him down, and made the tears that were gradually building up disappear.
"You really like him don't you?" 
She spoke softly, still rubbing circles into his hand. Alex shook his head vigorously, as Ella raised an eyebrow at him.
"You can't run from your feelings forever honey. I know Quade hurt you, but you're going to have to understand that not everybody is like that. Some are worth falling for, and I honestly think that Jack may be good for you." 
Alex shook his head again, but this time he was not denying his feelings for Jack. He was denying Jack's feelings for him.
"But he doesn't like me Ella. He likes the sex sure, but he doesn't like ME. He doesn't see me as the type of person he could talk to, or cuddle. He sees me as some cheap whore that he can bed every night and then get rid of in the morning."
As much of those words pained Alex, he knew that they were true. He just wasn't boyfriend material. He was damaged goods, in more than one way. 
"Alex... The way he was looking at you the other night would suggest that his feelings for you run deeper than that. Much deeper." 
A small glimmer of hope flitted through Alex's body at that... But who was to say that Ella wasn't lying? 
"Now... how about we go back to yours and get you looking all nice, and then we can go for a coffee where Jack works. Who knows, you might even get another note taped to your coffee." 
She winked and poked him in the stomach when she spoke the last sentance, making Alex blush.
"How did you know about that?!" 
"I'm not an idiot Alex. I saw that you had gone redder than a betroot, and then happened to notice you had a peice of paper stuck to your mug. I put two and two together."
She was looking at him in an annoyingly smug way, and he picked up a cushion and hit her with it jokingly.
"Come on then. Are you gonna get dressed, or watch daytime television in your jim jams all day?" 

*Two hours later*

"You look hot babe. I did a good job i think." 
They were walking down the highstreet, and Alex was wearing some of the tightest clothes he owned. His hair had been styled by Ella, using his old straightners. She had wanted to put wax in it too, but he hadn't wanted to look too gay. 
"Okay. You sit out here and I'll go and order for you." 
He inhaled deeply, and sat down at a table freaking out internally. He was excited to see Jack. He had sort of missed him. He looked through the window and saw him wiping a table down inside. He looked happy enough. Maybe him and Tom had gotten together after all. Maybe Alex was making a complete tit out of himself by being here. But it was too late now, it would look even stranger if he were to pull a runner now, as he must have noticed Ella by now. However, seconds later when Jack came bursting out of the doors that lead to the outside seating area, Alex didn't know how to react.
"Alex! Look, I'm really sor-"
"Don't be sorry Jack, I understand completely. I'm used to this kinda thing anyway so its okay, youndon't have to be sorry. I just don't want to hurt Tom by carrying on with you behind his back." 
Lies. He could give less of a shit about Tom, all he cared about was the fact that he had Jack. 
"Alex... You don't get it, Me and Tom aren't together. I don't have any kind of feelings towards him! If anything I only went out with him bec-"
"BARAKAT!"
The rest of Jack's sentance was cut off by the angry voice of his boss, coming from inside.
"Shit. I'm on a lunch break in half an hour, will you wait for me?" 
Jack was looking at him woth his gorgeous brown eyes, and a pleading expression on his face. His hair was all messed up from where he had obviously been running his hands through it in the day. He looked perfect. Nodding, Alex watched him as he went back inside his workplace, wondering vaugely what the end of that sentance would have been. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou so much to my subscribers and commenters <3 you have no idea how much just one comment can motivate me, so yeah, thankyou!
Extra special thankyou to Pshhitshannah- she is awesome and is brilliant at commenting :3 She is one of the main reasons i carried on with this story :D so thankyou