I Made You up to Hurt Myself

I feel like a cave dweller

I was shook awake at 8am, the usual time, but it still didn't make it any easier. I'm used to lying in bed until twelve, and only emerging for food. The morning just does not agree with me, okay? So clearly, being woken up at eight wasn't on my agenda, but it looked like I had no say in the matter. I don't understand why they couldn't just let me wake up when I pleased. I'd get up when I was hungry, and return to my room again. I feel like a cave dweller, but it would be a lot less hassle all in.

Eventually, I managed to get over myself - with a little help from those annoying orderlies and their pots and pans - and drag myself out of bed. The 'annoying orderlies' made sure to monitor everything I did so I couldn't even brush my teeth without them watching over me. It didn't make a lot of sense. I mean, I'm hardly going to top myself in the bathroom with the aid of a tube of toothpaste, or hit someone over the head with a toothbrush am I? Stupid people. After brushing my teeth, I was allowed half an hour in the lounge, to either socialise (with who? My non-existent friends?), to try and entertain myself with the air hockey table, or to pester the orderlies for something. The last thing I tried harassing them for was a colouring book and some crayons because I am mature as fuck.

When I was dressed in our compulsary white outfits, I made our way to the lounge, desperately hoping that the boy who'd managed to intrigue me so yesterday would be there. As luck would have it, he was, and I immediately made a beeline for him. Like the day before, he barely batted an eyelid at my prescence. Could that be part of the reason he was here? He ignored everyone around him and was therefore deemed crazy? Well, there's only one way to find out, isn't there?

I took the seat beside him, and this time, I managed to provoke a reaction from him, even if it was only a slight shudder as I sat down. He soon went back to reading, though; he had the same magazine as yesterday. Surely he should have read it by now? I should stop asking myself questions, it's all I seem to do as of recent. Oh, God, have I started going crazy already? Wait, wait, wait, that's another question, isn't it? And another one. Stop it, Ian, you're going to be as mental as some of these crackpots by the end of the week if you don't quit it now.

Giving up on the whole 'asking yourself questions' thing, I decided to try to speak to the boy beside me. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. Hello? No, too polite. 'Sup? Oh, so I'm a gangster now, am I?

"H-hi," I stuttered, praying he wouldn't hear me. I had no idea why I was acting so shy all of a sudden, but I really wanted to make a good impression on this guy. He was pretty cute, and he, so far, hadn't threatened to kill me yet like some people here. None of them seemed to have any manners.

To my surprise, though, his head snapped up immediately at the sound of my voice.
He smiled a little as he mumbled a soft "hello", before blushing and hiding his face behind the magazine he was reading. Aw, how cute is he?

I grinned at him, ignoring the bewildered stares I was getting from the few other people in the room. What, wasn't I allowed to have friends? "What's your name?" I asked, trying my hardest not to just throw myself at him and hug him until someone convinced me to let go, or maybe had me surgically removed - I don't think I'd let go too easy.

Again, he blushed, making me giggle, which, in turn, make him blush even further. It was like a vicious cycle, but a cute one at that.

"Sean," he replied, once he'd regained his composure.

"I'm Ian," I told him, because really, he seemed sane enough. "So, Sean," I began, trying to word it carefully. I didn't want to offend him this early. Actually, I didn't want to offend him at all. "Why are you here?"

I watched as his face clouded with confusion. "I-I-I don't know..." he whispered, dropping his head again. Shit. That's what I was trying to avoid.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I don't know why I'm here either," I smiled, trying to comfort him a little.

He stared at me for a moment before dissolving in a fit of giggles.

"What?" I frowned, paranoia kicking in immediately.

"That rhymed," he choked, still laughing manically.

Soon I was laughing too and for the first time since I arrived, I felt like maybe things wouldn't be too bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I heard you liked well written fics with a good storyline, so I wrote you some shitty dialogue and hoped for the best.

In all seriousness, I'm really surprised at the response this story has gotten so far. I wasn't expecting many people to notice it, so to have this amount of recommendations, comments and subscibers so far is amazing. So thank you all, because you're all absolutely wonderful!