Sequel: Anne's Diary

Cracked Moon

The beginning

Somber grey stone glowed romantically in the dim light of burning candles. "Love" was the word uttered his under drunken rage. But did the man know anything of the meaning of the word. The unpleasant smell of wine was hot on his breath as he was panting in my face. This great brute that seized all his heavy weight on my hips was as intolerable as the moment he threatened me with equal torment as he'd given to his last wife.
"If you bear me no son, I shall have you impaled!" the words bellowed in my ear as he finished. I laid on the bed as still as I could in fear I might upset him any further. I watched as he grabbed his robe and slung it around his fat pink body. His eyes caught sight of mine and under his intoxicated rage grabbed my already bruised arms flinging my naked body off the bed sheets tangled around my feet, followed his swift motion as a fell to the floor landing with a hard echoing thud on my hip. I looked at him my eyes burning he shouted:
"I told you I was finished woman, leave! Get off the damn floor and leave." He grabbed my shoulders once again and I too limp out of fear let him. My knees were locked as he threw me out the room, slamming the heavy wooden door behind me.
I sat against the stone wall, shivering and until adrenaline raced throughout my veins, in fear I rose clumsily to my feet. Then began the agonizing trek to my room that lays at the opposite end of the castle. I limped holding my naked breasts that seem to weigh me down, my feet barely touching the steps, I stumbled down the enclosed spiral staircase. I continued trailing down the torch-lit corridors that glowed down the hallways until I fell upon the wooden door frame that led inside my room.