Sequel: Anne's Diary

Cracked Moon

Speaking to her

Lifting my heavy arm, I unlatched the door and slid in before any guards caught glimpse of my nudity. Inside my own domain I limped to my vanity and removed a basin set and boiled the water in a kettle over the fireplace in my room. I had no other thought than to rid his scent from entangling with mine, the crudeness of his odor that hung on my shoulders would not bear me down. After the water had warmed I poured it into the coolness of the porcelain, and bathed in the steam that rose from the water. I took out a cotton rag made for bathing and from the cabinet above the cupboard I removed scented oils of lavender. and poured it into the basin of warm luxurious water.
I watched my reflection as I dipped the rag into the water and wrung it out, clearly witnessing the clenching of my jaw as I applied the warm rag to my purple bruised shoulder. I weld up with fury mixed with animosity, and I watched my lips in the mirror twist into a wry smile. My subconscious told me
"No More, You suffered enough at his hand. Why are you going to put yourself through anymore torment. Wouldn't you love to see the day that His so-called Majesty, choke and contort with pain."
I imagined the thought of seeing a knife being driven through his stomach, and twisted so that he would die, a slow agonizing death. I had begun to wind through images of my freedom; I saw my figure dance under the night sky, without fear for my life. I tasted that freedom that seemed so close in my thoughts. So I held that spirit of being free close to my being as the night drew to its end. Then did dreams of holding a dagger in hand and thrusting it into Henry's body only confirm what I had to do.