Sequel: Anne's Diary

Cracked Moon

The Blouse and Dagger

Spite my marvelous plans I had no way of finding a dagger to suite my beloved. But the castle that contained me also contained a room with a vast collection of weaponry. After I finished my meal, I slipped out of my room. To my luck Henry and all the guards were at a political convention held in Norfolk. Henry never brought me to any of the conventions, for he replaced me with multiple women whom he used as escorts.
I went down the sun-lit hallways crisp with the air from open windows, and down the grand staircase of the main corridor. I crept along the walls and peered around the corners just to be sure I was entering the weaponry room as a ghost, ensuring that no one saw me. I tip-toed barefoot reaching the door, unlatching it and pushing the heavy wood open and closing it behind me silently. I looked around the room in awe of my husband's collection. Spears from China, and cannons from Spain, I saw pistols imported from various countries. Then I saw the collection of daggers and swords. There where gem encrusted scabbards but I saw the most beautiful gold and silver engraved dagger displayed on a red velvet mat. I walked to it and grabbed the handle holding it up to the light and saw the priceless beauty of the steel blade reflect light and I knew I just had to do Henry the honor of murdering him with this gem.
I slipped it into my blouse, and ran out the door, peering around the corners I scurried up the stairs and hurried to my door. Then slipped behind the door concealing myself from anybody. I held the cold metal to my chest and sat on my bed in astonishment. Part of me couldn't believe I actually got this far, but the other half knew my life depended on the actions I just carried out, I was ready to commit a crime I have only dreamed of. So I began to primp for the long night that lies ahead. I pulled the blonde locks of curls out of my face and began to French braid it back.