The Con Man

Chapter Thirteen: The Rescue

Elizabeth & Peter head up the stairs to the conference room holding hands. It's their worse fear come true & they don't know how Neal will take the upsetting news but they know they will do their best to break it to him as gently as they can. 'Hey Elizabeth.', say's Neal as they step into the conference room. 'Hi Neal.', she say's trying to keep her voice steady. 'Neal could you sit down?', asks Peter. 'Sure.', say's Neal with a puzzled look on his face. 'I'm not sure how to break this to you but.' 'But what?', asks Neal cutting Peter off. 'Give him the note.', say's Elizabeth. 'What note?', asks Neal, the fear is building up inside him. Peter reaches into his pocket & pulls out the slip of paper & hands it to Neal. Neal takes it & begins reading. A sudden wave of fear comes rushing over him & he get's up so fast the chair falls to the floor. 'Damn her!', he screams & than heads for the door. Peter steps in front of him. 'Get out of my way Peter!', screams Neal. 'I can't let you go out there Neal.' Why the hell not?!' 'Because you'll do something stupid.' 'She's got my wife.', say's Neal trying to calm himself down. 'I know that. But we don't know where she has Andi. What do you suggest we do?' 'Talk to Krammer.' 'He won't tell us anything.', say's Peter. 'He will when I'm through with him.' 'No you won't. You need to stay here. Let us handle this. I'm going to take this note and have it analyzed at the lab. Maybe we can get a hit on where this not was generated from. It's not hand written so she must have had it typed some where.', say's Peter. Neal steps back & looks at Peter, ' You got three hours and if by than you haven't found her I don't care, I will go look for her.', he say's anger in his voice. 'Fair enough.', say's Peter.

Coming to Andi feels like she's swallowed a bag of cotton balls. She opens her eyes & starts to look around. Where is she? She doesn't recognize this place. 'Ah your finally awake.', she hears a voice & than looks up to see Alex sitting in a chair right in front of her. 'Where am I?', she asks. 'Some where that Neal can't find you.', say's Alex with a smug look on her face. Finally getting a hold of herself Andi looks around once more, she knows this place, it's one of Mozzie's safe houses. 'You are so stupid.', she say's. 'How do you figure that?', asks Alex. 'You've got me stashed at one of Mozzie's safe houses. How long do you think it'll be before they start looking for me or Mozzie comes back here?', say's Andi. 'Please honey your kidding yourself.' 'What do you want?', asks Andi. 'Just for Neal to know what it feels like to lose something important.' 'What the hell are you talking about? You don't care about anything but yourself.', say's Andi. 'Correction, I care about my freedom and I lost that because of Neal.' 'Well that was your fault.' 'No, it was Neal's. I rolled on Krammer and what did it get me? I still go thrown in prison!', screamed Alex. 'Your pathetic Alex!', screams Andi. Just than Alex comes forward & smacks Andi across the face. She screams out in pain. 'That's what I thought.' Andi glares at her, 'If you play nice Neal will have you back in a matter of hours, if you don't, well he'll never see you or your baby again.' Andi thinks to herself. 'What?' 'Please, I've been following you for day's, I know your pregnant.', say's Alex. Andi realizes she's right & begins to pray in her mind. She has to make it out of this alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to write another chapter.

comment/subscribe