The Con Man

Chapter Fourteen: Mistakes

'You think your so smart don't you?', say's Andi. It's been at least 2 hours she knows of & still Alex hasn't made one move since she hit her. 'They'll find me.' 'You seem so sure of yourself.', say's Alex. 'What is your problem?', asks Andi. 'I told you.' 'No what's your real problem? You could had gone after anyone yet you chose me. Why me?' Just than Alex stands up & walks around the empty warehouse room. 'I told you.' 'No you didn't.' , Andi pauses before continuing. 'Why are you so threatened by the people in Neal's life? Actually more importantly why are you threatened by me?', she asks. 'Shut up!', screams Alex. 'Why?' 'Because I'm trying to think.', she snaps back at her. 'I think your jealous of me.', say's Andi. Just than Alex walks up to her & get's right in her face. 'You think I'm jealous of you? Please, you are nothing!', she screams. 'No I'm Mrs. Neal Caffrey. You, are nothing!', screams Andi. 'For every minute you waste standing here yelling at me Neal is getting closer and closer to finding me.'

'It's been two and a half hours. Another half hour and I'm outta here.', say's Neal looking at his watch. 'Their doing everything they can to find her Neal.', say's Elizabeth setting a cup of coffee down in front of him. 'Yeah, coffee, that's what I need.' Elizabeth sits down & takes her cup. 'I'm sorry Elizabeth.' 'No it's okay, I understand.', she say's patting him on the arm. Just than Peter, Jones, & Diana come walking in. 'Did you find her?', asks Neal standing up. 'No but we got a trace on the note.', he say's. Just than Neal's phone rang. He looked at it, 'It's Andi.', he say's with a smile on his face. 'Answer it.', say's Peter. He does, 'Andi, thank God.' 'Guess again.', say's Alex. Suddenly fear creeps back into Neal. 'Alex, what do you want?' 'Hold on a minute. There's somebody here who wants to say hello.' & than she put the phone up to Andi. 'Neal.' 'Andi, are yo okay?', asks Neal. 'Yes I'm fine, just do what she say's.' 'Okay, just stay calm. We'll find you.' 'I know you will.' 'Andi, I love you.' 'Wasn't that sweet. Now like she said if you do what I say your wife and child will be just fine.' 'Child?', asks Neal with confusion in his voice. 'I'll call in an hour with my demands. If you try to find us than I'll be forced to make a mistake and we know how big a mistake I can make Neal.' 'I know Alex.' 'Good bye.', say's Alex & than hangs up. Neal sets his phone down on the table & backs away slowly, without thinking he makes mad dash for the door but Peter stops him. 'Peter, please let me go.' 'No, we have to do this by the book.', say's Peter. 'You don't understand.' 'Yes I do.' 'No you don't. She's pregnant.', say's Neal. The room falls silent & Peter steps back. 'I'm going with you.', he say's. 'Fine.', say's Neal & they leave without saying another word.

'Why did you tell him about the baby?', asks Andi angry at Alex. 'Did I? Oops.', she say's covering her mouth with her hand. 'Damn you Alex!' 'He should be on his way right about now, well, that is if he can even figure out where I have you. Mozzie has so many safe houses.', say's Alex with a smug look on her face. 'You did that on purpose.' 'You know what, for someone who is suppose to be so smart your actually quite stupid. Now calm down Mommy to be you don't want to upset the baby.', say's Alex patting Andi on the belly. A minute later they heard a door open & footsteps. 'I can't believe I forgot this.' Alex disappears behind a large column leaving Andi completely alone & exposed to the intruder. But this person isn't just any intruder, it's Mozzie. Andi smiles & screams at him. 'Mozzie!' He looks up. 'Andi?' 'Run Mozzie! Get out of here, now!' but it's too late & Alex hits Mozzie over the head with a lead pipe. 'No hero today.', she say's looking down at Mozzie. Andi hangs her head. She wonders if she'll ever be saved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again sorry it took me so long to post a chapter. I hope your all still enjoying this.

comment/subscribe