The Con Man

Chapter Sixteen: In The Red

'Neal, tell me what's going on in there?', asks Peter. 'Alex has Andi, she's threatening to kill her', say's Neal. 'No threats, she will die today', say's Alex jamming the gun into Andi's head. 'Tell her we'll make a deal, she'll walk away free, we won't stop her if she let's Andi go', say's Peter. 'Listen, Peter say's if you let Andi go you can leave here, we won't stop you Alex.', say's Neal. 'Yeah right, you think I'm going to believe that?!', snaps Alex. 'Please, I'm begging you', say's Neal. 'Who are you begging for?', asks Alex. Neal looks at Alex. 'Come on, who do you love more, your wife or your unborn child?', asks Alex. He put's the phone back up to his ear & say's to Peter, 'I'll take care of this', & than hangs up. He drops the phone along with the painting & takes two steps towards Alex & Andi. 'Oh look, were going to try & play hero now, step back Neal!', she yells. 'I will kill you before I let you do anything to my wife and child!', he yells back. 'I want to see you try.', say's Alex. 'Neal, please, do what she say's.', say's Andi. Neal looks at her, 'I won't let her hurt you, either of you.', say's Neal. 'Isn't this touching, now get back!', yells Alex. Outside Peter is still trying to call Neal back, but his phone keeps going to voice mail, 'Dammit Neal', he say's hanging up after 5 failed attempts. 'What's going on boss?', asks Jones. 'Neal shut his phone off, we need eyes on them, now.', he say's. 'On it.', say's Jones heading back to the van.

'I don't understand why your doing this', say's Neal. 'We were friends at one time weren't we?', asks Alex. 'Yes we were', say's Neal. 'But than Kate died and than that bitch Sarah Ellis came into the picture and suddenly were not friends anymore.', say's Alex. 'Alex.' 'No Neal, you will listen to me. You've changed since you became FBI. Than you met this little tart and got married. Oh look at me, I'm Neal Caffrey, I have a wife and now were about to have a family. You think your someone now, guess what, your still a sneaky con man, no matter how many kids you have with this bitch you will never be the man you think you are.' 'Alex, listen, I know I haven't always been the greatest guy, but I love Andi, I didn't think I could have a life like this but I can. Please, just let her go, I don't want you to get hurt.', say's Neal. 'Oh me, now your worried about me. Please, stop yourself', say's Alex. 'Please Alex', say's Neal. 'No more talking. Say good bye Neal', just as Alex goes to cock her gun someone comes in from behind & knocks her out. Andi screams & falls to the ground. Neal rushes to her side. 'Are you okay?', he asks pulling her into him. 'I think so', she say's hugging him close.

They look up to find Mozzie standing over Alex with a tire iron in his hand. 'You guy's okay?', he asks looking at them. 'Were fine, thanks Moz', say's Neal. 'Any time', say's Neal. Neal turns his phone back on & calls Peter into the building. A few minutes later the building is swarming with FBI. They take Andi out to an ambulance to get checked out. Neal is holding her hand when they bring Alex around to put her in a cop car. 'This isn't over Neal!', she screams. 'Could you shut that door, thank you', say's Neal to one of the EMT's. 'Sure thing Mr. Caffrey', he say's as he closes the door. 'I'm fine Neal', say's Andi putting her hand on her husbands knee. The EMT who was checking her out say's, 'Your fine Mrs. Caffrey, we need to take you to the hospital to make sure the baby is okay too', she say's. 'Thank you', say's Andi. Neal smiles & Andi looks at him. 'You okay?', she asks looking over at him. 'I just can't believe it.' 'Believe what?', she asks. 'I'm going to be a father', he say's. 'Your going to be a great one', she say's placing her hand on his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to get another chapter out to you all. I'll be ending this story with my next chapter. I hope you've all enjoyed it!

comment/subscribe