The Con Man

Chapter Seventeen: The Arrival

9 months later.....

'Andi would you please let me get that for you?', asks Neal as he picks up the plate that his wife has just finished eating. 'Neal, I'm pregnant not dying. I'm quite capable of taking my plate to the kitchen', she say's looking at him. 'It's fine, I know your capable, but your nine month's pregnant and could pop any day, I don't want you putting any stress on yourself or the baby', say's Neal. 'Let him do it Andi.', say's Elizabeth. 'Fine', say's Andi. 'Mozzie', say's Andi. 'Yes', he say's coming to her side. 'Could you help me to the couch?' 'I'd love to assist you', he say's grabbing her hand as she attempts to get herself out of the chair. After sitting down she look's up at the bald headed man & say's 'Thank you Mozzie' 'You are more than welcome'. Just than Neal returns from the kitchen with a glass of water. 'Here, I thought you might be thirsty' 'Neal, I went from the table to the couch, I didn't run a marathon, but thank you sweetie', she say's taking the glass from him. 'Welcome', he say's sitting next to her. Suddenly she feel's a kick & say's 'Whoa' 'Whoa what? Something wrong?', asks Neal. 'No, nothing's wrong, the baby just kicked', she say's. Without even asking Neal put's his hand on her belly, 'Hi little one, your ready to come out aren't you? Were ready to meet you. Come when your ready', he say's. Than as he always does he kisses her belly. 'Neal, could you help me with the grill, thanks', say's Peter. Neal get's up & follow's him outside. 'Peter, this is a one man job', say's Neal. 'I know, but your about to make me vomit in there', he say's. 'I'm sorry okay, but I'm' 'Excited, I know Neal. That baby will come when he or she is good and ready to come. I know you love him or her but your driving us all nuts', say's Peter. 'I just want to do everything right by this child. I didn't have the best role model's growing up' 'Neal, your a good man, your going to be a good Dad, regardless of how you were raised', said Peter. 'Thanks, that means a lot coming from you', said Neal. 'Good, now stop with the Daddy stuff, at least until he or she is here would ya?', say's Peter. 'Alright', say's Neal.

Later that night as Andi was laying in bed, she was trying to get comfortable. She finally knew how her sister had felt when she was pregnant with her niece. 'You okay', asked Neal beside her. 'Sorry, trying to get comfortable', she say's. He rolled over & sat up. 'I gotta pee', say's Andi getting out of bed & rushing to the bathroom. Neal turned on the side lamp table that sat next to their bed. 'Neal', he heard her say & he was up out of the bed & into the bathroom. 'What's wrong', he asked. 'Um, my water broke', she said. 'Oh God, that means, your in labor' He ran out of the room yelling at the top of his lungs, 'Peter, Elizabeth!' Their door flew open & Peter was the first one out. 'Neal, what is it?', he asked. 'Andi's in labor, shouldn't we call an ambulance?', he asked. Elizabeth already had Andi & they were coming down the stairs. 'No time for that, we need to get her there now', said Elizabeth. They flew to the hospital & as soon as Peter flashed his badge she was in a room with Neal beside her. Her family had come back to visit & so while Neal was waiting with Andi Peter call them. Just than Peter stuck his head in. 'Their leaving Jakole with June and heading this way', he said. 'Thank you Peter', said Andi. Just than a contraction came & she reached for Neal's hand. 'Contraction?', asked Neal. 'Mhm', said Andi. She squeezed his hand until she thought she was going to break it. When it finally passed she looked at him, 'I'm sorry', she said. 'It's okay', he said smiling at her. Labor felt like it went on forever, but finally 5 hours later they laid eye's on their beautiful baby boy.

'Welcome to the world baby boy', said Neal as he held his son. Just than a nurse came in, 'Your family wants to know if they can come in?' 'Of course, let them in', said Andi. Neal walked up to her parents holding him & handed him off to Laurie. She & Leo admired their grand baby & than her sister Trina took him. 'Go figure, we got the girl and Andi got the boy', said Jacob. Trina looked back at her husband & said, 'I won't even dignify that with a response', she said. Trina handed him back to her sister. 'What's his name?', asked Trina. 'Well, we've been throwing around some ideas. But I think we've come up with something that will suit him, Neal, you wanna tell them what we decided?', said Andi. 'Well, in the spirit of keeping things in the family we've decided to go with Nickolas Mathew Caffrey', he said. Laurie & Leo looked at each other & back at their daughter & son-in-law, 'We love it', she said. Just than The Burke's came in. 'Hope it's okay, the nurse said we could come in.', said Elizabeth. 'Of course, come in', said Andi. 'Oh wow, he's so beautiful', said Elizabeth. 'Thank you, do you want to hold him?', she asked. 'I'd love to', said Elizabeth taking him. Peter stepped to Neal's side. 'Name?', he asked. 'Nickolas Mathew Caffrey', he said. 'Nickolas?', asked Peter. 'Yeah, Nickolas', he said. 'Andi, you do realize where he came up with that right?', asked Peter looking at her. 'Yes, I do, and I'm okay with that', she said. 'Just checking.', he said. Two day's later they were discharged. June had decided it was time for her to move on & so she left the house to Neal & his new family. She wouldn't be far away she had told them. Since they had the whole house to themselves they decided to move downstairs. It was more convenient that way. Neal & Andi took their baby boy & went into his nursery. 'Welcome home Nick', said Neal as he kissed his son on the cheek. 'We love you so much', said Andi kissing him on the forehead. They laid him down in his crib & just stood there looking at their little miracle. Inside himself Neal finally felt a sense of comfort, he had finally gotten everything he had ever wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end of it. I hope you all enjoyed it. Who knows, maybe I'll write a sequel to this story, someday.

comment/subscribe.