The Con Man

Chapter Eight: The Party

Neal grabbed Andi's hand & they made their way through the crowd of people. 'Do you know any of these people?', asked Andi. 'Yes, their all FBI' 'I'm surprised Mozzie even came at all', said Andi with a snicker in her voice. Just than a voice came from behind them, 'You and me both', said Mozzie. Andi looked all around the room & was amazed at how beautiful it was & she couldn't believe that she had her hand in this. Although she didn't say a word when she heard people talking about the decoration's, she had decided before tonight that she would give all the glory to Elizabeth, after all, it had been her vision. After making their rounds they took a seat at the table with place cards labeled bride & groom. They both snickered at the place cards as they took their seats. Neal picked up his card, looked over at Andi & said, 'Is this serious?' 'Yes I do believe so', she said back to him. He leaned into her & said, 'What do you think they'd do if we switched?' 'I think they would probably freak out, we better keep them where they are', she said squeezing her husband's hand.

After the dinner was ate people starting coming over to them to congratulate them. By than Mozzie had made himself comfortable sitting next to Andi. As Neal was off speaking to someone from the bureau he & Andi talked. 'You look absolutely radiant tonight Mrs. Caffrey', he said. 'Thank you Moz, you look very handsome', she said looking at the white shirt & blue bow tie that he wore. It really brought out the color in his eyes, but Mozzie didn't like compliments & so she figured she better stop while she was ahead. 'Thank you, but this night is all about you. How are you doing? Do you need anything?' 'No I'm fine, but thank you Moz' As they sat their talking she thought back to the last few months & back to when they were at the island. He had almost hated having her there but in the months since they had bonded again & Andi was grateful to him. With Mozzie back in the picture Neal was more happier than he had been in a while.

Neal came back to the table, 'Excuse me, but I need my wife for a moment.' , he said looking over at Mozzie. 'Is there a problem', asked Andi. 'No, not per say, just come on', he said reaching down for her hand. 'Excuse us Mozzie', she said to him as she took Neal's hand. When she was closer to him he held her by the waist as he walked her out of the room. 'What's going on Neal?', she asked. 'Nothing is wrong I can tell you that, it's just there's some people here who want to see you before they come in' 'Okay', she said. They stepped outside the ballroom & into the lobby. Neal closed the door behind them & Andi looked around but saw nothing. 'You can come out now', he said. Coming out of the shadow's were three figures & she knew who they were before they even came into full view. But as soon as they did Andi ran & embraced the one person she had been wanting to see for months. 'Oh Trina', she said feeling the tears come down her cheeks. 'Hi sis', she said squeezing her tightly. 'What's wrong Aunt Andi?', asked Jakole beside her. Andi tore herself away from her sister to look down at her niece. 'Nothing's wrong Jakole, I've just missed you all very much', she said trying to whip the tears from her eyes. She bent down & Jakole fell into her arms. 'You look like a princess', said Jakole. 'Thank you sweetie', she said back to her. She stood up to face her brother-in-law. 'Hi Jacob, thank you for coming' 'Not a problem. So where's the food?', he asked. Andi burst into laughter & pointed towards the big doors. 'Alright let's go eat', he said rubbing his hands together. 'Jacob, do you mind? I'd like to have a few minutes with my sister before we have to share her with a room full of people?' 'Trina, it's okay really, go on a head Jacob. Go, eat, enjoy yourself.', she said. Jacob looked down at Jakole & said, 'What do you say baby girl? You wanna go eat?', he asked. 'Is Uncle Mozzie in there?', she said. 'Yes he is sweetie and I'm sure he'd love to see you.' , said Andi. Jakole grabbed her Dad's hand & before long they disappeared behind the doors. 'Andi', said Neal from her side. 'Yes', she said. 'I'll leave you and Trina alone. Don't stay out here too long, they'll notice if your not in there', he said with a smile on his face. 'I know honey, thank you, we'll be in, in a minute.', said Andi squeezing his hand. He kissed her on the cheek, nodded at her sister & than was gone. As soon as they were alone they hugged & cried into each other's arms.

'You look beautiful', said Trina. 'You look gorgeous as ever', said Andi looking at her sister who stood before her in a long flowy gown that was white with purple sequins that accented the bottom. 'You can thank your husband for all this' 'Yeah I figured. Jacob looks handsome in his fire fighter shirt' 'I told him Neal said he could get whatever he wanted, so he got a new pair of shoes and new pants' 'That's quite alright. I just love Jakole's dress.' 'She felt like Cinderella getting ready tonight', said Trina. 'I can only imagine.', said Andi picturing her niece getting ready for the big party. 'How long have you been in town?', asked Andi. 'We got in early this morning', she said. 'How long will you stay?', she asked. 'We can only stay for three day's, she said. 'Than we will make it three day's to remember.', said Andi. She knew she was pushing her time limit, but she was enjoying herself, it was seldom that she got time with her sister just the two of them but she knew they had to go in. 'I guess we should go in.', she said. 'I suppose so', said Trina. They went to the door & taking one last look at each other stepped inside.