The Con Man

Chapter Nine: Fall Into Me

The party had started to die down as people began to leave. It was almost midnight & Jakole lay asleep in her aunt's arms. Andi hugged her tight & kissed her head, it had been a wonderful evening filled with love & laughter from stories everyone had been telling. Trina approached her sister, 'I guess we better get going.', she said reaching down to pick up her sleeping daughter. 'Where are you staying?', asked Andi handing her off. 'At June's.', said Neal from behind Trina. 'Great! I would hate to think of you guys staying in some hotel.', said Trina. They all left & outside were two limo's waiting to take them home. 'I wish she were awake to see this.', said Trina. 'Me too.', said Andi touching her niece's head. 'See you at the house.', said Neal reaching for Andi to pull her into the limo. The door closed & Andi scooted her way next to Neal, laying her head on his shoulder he held her hand. 'Did you enjoy yourself?', he asked. 'Very much so. Thank you.', she said. 'For what?', asked Neal confused. 'The party, for bringing my sister and her family here. Just everything.', she said. She felt him kiss the top of her head & knew that was his way of saying you're welcome.

Back at June's Andi helped her sister get settled in for the night. 'Go', said Trina to her sister after she had brought up their last bag. 'Are you sure? I can stay and visit for a while.', said Andi. 'No, your husband is waiting for you. Go and send Jacob here would ya?', she said with a chuckle. 'Of course.', said she. The two sister's hugged & Andi once again thanked her for coming. She heard Neal & Jacob talking as she approached their apartment. Opening the door she said, 'Jacob, Trina wants you in your guys' room now.' 'Yeah, yeah, I'm going.', he said looking back at her. 'See you tomorrow Jake.', said Neal. 'Yep, we'll see you tomorrow.', he said back to him as he walked towards the door. 'Thanks Jacob.', said Andi. 'Yep.', he said & than was gone. Andi closed the door & walked over to her husband who was opening a bottle of wine. 'Want some?', he asked. 'Just a little. I'm gonna go get out of this dress.', she said disappearing into the bathroom. She came back wearing one of his white shirts. He thought she looked so stunning in it. 'You wear that better than I do.', he said with a smile. 'Yeah, I know.', she said with a smile. He handed her a glass & they lifted their glasses up. 'To us.', he said. They clinked glasses & than took a drink. She set her glass down & made a step towards Neal, wrapping her arms around his waist she kissed him. He kissed back & she returned it with an even deeper kiss.

They did this for the longest & finally she started taking off his jacket. He tensed up & pulled her away. 'What's wrong?', she asked. 'Are you sure about this?', he asked. 'Neal, it's been seven months, the doctor said I'm okay. Yes I do.', she said. 'Because I don't want to push you into anything your not ready for.' 'It's okay Neal. I love you, I trust you.', she said. He answered by kissing her. They stripped each other of their clothes & than fell onto the bed. He couldn't remember the last time she had looked so beautiful. They kissed passionately & she trembled under his touch. She whispered his name in his ear & he felt the heat rise between them as he put his hands on her back to steady her. They flipped over & he looked deep into her eyes, giving her one last look he took all he had & loved her as she had always wanted to be loved.

When they were done she fell asleep back in his shirt & in his arms. He brushed her hair back, kissed her cheek & whispered in her ear, 'I love you Mrs. Caffrey and I will love you for the rest of my life.' He held her tight & soon was off in dreamland himself. His life was finally where he had always wanted it to be & he wasn't going to let anything or anyone take it away from him.