If Love Is The Answer, Could You Repeat The Question?

Scene one

So it's like this: It's the first day of summer and you're dead set on sleeping in for the first time in months, because honestly who wouldn't want to sleep in after finally graduating from high school? Exactly. You resist the urge to throw your phone at the wall when it starts ringing at nine in the morning and you consider not answering but you can't shake the feeling that it's really important and you're forgetting to do something.

"Hello?" You mumbled into the phone.

"Are you ready yet?" An extremely familiar voice asks, it's the same voice you've been talking to on and off for the past six months trying to organize this trip and get everything going for the internship you were hired for. Although, even if you hadn't been talking to him on and off it's still really hard to miss the voice of Matt Flyzik.

"Shit fuck no, I just woke up," You groan. You were actually supposed to be up an hour ago because he was supposed to be here ...now.

"You're lucky there was a delay. You have about half an hour." You can tell he's used to people never being up on time.

"Mkay," You hangup and spring from the bed, almost sprinting to the bathroom to shower. This was probably the fastest you've ever moved in the morning, or ever showered because you're done in less than ten minutes and already rushing to do your hair and make up. You're so damn lucky that you packed last week when he has emailed you that check list of everything you needed to bring, which had actually been really useful and made you worry less about forgetting something really important. There had also been a checklist of what not to bring because you had to fly from here to California for a layover and then fly to Baltimore, neither of these things you weren't very excited for because you hated flying and airports were so fucking picky about what you could and couldn't take.

Somehow you managed to be ready with time to spare still, so you drag your luggage to the door, there's a lot less than you had expected, along with your guitar case and then flopped down on the couch. Your mind started to wander while you waited and you think about how lucky you really are to have been chosen for this internship for All Time Low. You'd never tell any of them, but you had been a fan for a really long time and working for them was a dream come true.

The door bell ringing makes you jump and pulls your from your thoughts. You get up to answer the door and even though you knew he was coming it was still surprising and kinda surreal to have him standing on your doorstep in a plain black t-shirt, jeans you wished you were a little bit tighter and those combat like boots that you loved.

"Hi" He smiled and you couldn't help but to smile back.

"Hey," You let him into the house and now things are really surreal because hi, he's in your house.

"I'm surprised that you're actually ready before I got here," He chuckled.

"So am I" You laugh. You reach for your guitar case and he grabs your other two bags before you could even protest.

"You sure you got everything?" He raised an eyebrow. Apparently he expected you to have ten bags or something.

"No that's everything, but thanks."

"No problem."

You both step out of the house and you lock the door before trailing him to the taxi that was waiting outside the house. You toss the guitar into the trunk with your bags and get into the back of the taxi with him.

"Back to the airport." He tells the driver.

"Y'know, you didn't actually have come all the way here to get me. I could have met you in like California or something." You say. You can see the outlines of exhaustion starting to form under his eyes and you feel bad for him having to come so far just to turn around and go straight back.

"I know, but you mentioned something about about not being too fond of flying or being familiar with airports in general, so I thought everything would be a little bit easier for you if I was with you." He explains.

"That's actually really nice of you," And you can't help but to smile again because yeah, that really is really nice of him to do for you.

He smiles back at you and you notice how close he's sitting to you. And his scent has filled the taxi and it's a mix of cologne and mint and it's just a really nice smell. You start to feel weird because you're thinking about how nice he smells and that's kinda weird.

And okay maybe you sort kinda developed a teeny tiny crush on him over the past six months of talking because not all your conversations had been related to the internship and you had kinda gotten to know each other. But it was completely irrational and stupid and would probably go away really soon right?

You didn't have time to think about it anymore because you were now parked in front of the airport. You get out of the car and go around to the trunk to retrieve your bag and that's when you notice he has a bag too.

"Wait why do you have a bag?"

"Because of the incredibly long layover in California." He answers and walks towards the entrance of the airport with you right behind him.

"How long is this layover?"

"Anywhere from six hours to a day."

"Why?"

"There's a hurricane warning for the west coast and I guess they're just taking precautions and extending the layovers."

"So what are we supposed to do for that long?"

"You're full of questions aren't you?" He grinned. "It really depends on how long it is."

"When do we find that out?"

"When we get there."

You sigh, this is why you hate airports and flying. Customs and security are a blur of long lines and plain stupidity but finally you're done with all these lines and people going through your luggage and now you're sitting next to him in the lounge waiting for your flight at one.

"Why are we so early?" You ask.

"Did you really want to go through all that five minutes before the flight?"

"Not particularly."

"Exactly."

"Well what are we supposed to do until our flight?"

"Sit here and wait."

"Did I ever mention that I'm an extremely impatient person?"

"You also can't seem to stay still for longer than two minutes either." He points out as you shift positions for the fourth time since you sat down.

"It's not my fault the chairs are uncomfortable." You shoot back and he tries to hide a smile but you can still see it. "Do I amuse you?"

"Slightly."

"At least one of us is entertained." You mumbled.

"Well do you have any suggestions on what to do?"

"I mean we could have sex in the bathroom, that could pass an hour or two depending on your stamina." You say casually and he looks at you with wide eyes, making you laugh, "I was kidding. Actually not really, at all, but if it makes you feel better you can pretend I was."

He shakes his head at you and smiles as you fall into silence. You probably shouldn't be making sex jokes but you can't help it, it seems to be a habit and maybe you were hoping he'd actually agree.

After a goof half an hour of nothing but sitting there you let out a long sigh. "If I actually have to sit here for another two and a half hours I will jump off a cliff."

"Take a nap or something?" He suggests and actually a nap doesn't sound too bad right now since you barely got any sleep last night. Except you don't really want to sleep sitting up because that sounds so fucking uncomfortable it's not even funny. You eye him sitting next to you and smile. People make great pillows when there's no other opinion.

"What?" He asks, catching up looking at him.

"Shoulder or lap?" You ask abruptly. You'd at least give him a brief choice of where you were putting your head.

"What?" He repeats, looking really confused.

"Just answer the question, shoulder or lap?"

"...Lap?" He says slowly and you grin before lifting the arm of the chair between you, that you were grateful for being movable and the one one next to you. You stretch out across the chairs and place you head in his lap.

"Hi, I can see up your nose," You laugh.

"What are you doing?" He looks down at you.

"Taking a nap like you told me to." You smile innocently, trying not to think about the fact that your face sit literally two inches away from his crotch and desperately trying to squash all the dirty thoughts that pop up.

You're slightly surprised that he doesn't object with you using him as a pillow. You go to roll onto your side to make yourself more comfortable but you realize that your face would be completely in his crotch and hesitate for a second before shifting slightly. Except that made you even more uncomfortable so you shift again. And again. And again.

"Are you going to stop moving any time soon?" He asks, looking down at you again.

"As soon as I find a suitable position."

He gave you a look like this was the easiest thing ever. "Just lay your head in your arms like you're sleeping on a desk in school."

You listen to him and you find that it's actually the most comfortable you can get given the circumstances and after a little bit more shifting you're finally satisfied. But there was the small detail that your hand is basically right on his crotch but he doesn't seem to notice, or he doesn't care. Instead he starts to absent mindedly to play with you hair.

Somehow, despite everything going on around you, you manage to fall asleep in his lap.

-x-

You're jerked awake by a sudden movement.

"Sorry," He apologizes, running a hand down the side of your head, "Go back to sleep."

You try to fall back asleep, but it doesn't work. Instead you lay there with him still playing with your hair while you stare at his crotch again and it's the really the smartest idea because you're slowly becoming sexually frustrated.

"How much longer?" You mumbled against his leg. His thigh had become a good pillow and you start making small circular patterns on it from something to do.

"Twenty minutes." He answers as you finally sit up. You're groggy and apparently still tired. You run a hand through your hair trying to make it less of a mess, but when you have curly hair that doesn't really ever work. You can feel that your face is flushed from sleeping and you probably just look like a mess. You pull your feet up onto the seat and rest your head on your knees, trying to wake up and function properly.

"How long does it usually take you to wake up fully?" He asks and you don't really feel like answering but ignoring him would be rude.

"Like half an hour to an hour," You mumbled.

"Anyway to speed that process up?"

"Not really."

You spend the next fifteen minutes fighting to urge to go back to sleep until there was an announcement that meant absolutely nothing to you but apparently it should have because he was now getting up out of his seat which meant you had to stand up too.

And you made the mistake of wearing high heels so you wobble slightly when you stand, earning you a look telling you wearing them was impractical.

"Shut up, they make me taller," You say as he leads you to the gates where you're supposed to board. And you're kinda nervous because this is actually your first time on a plane and it doesn't sound like much fun. You basically follow him like a lost puppy through the entire process right up to finding your seats because he obviously knows what he's doing.

"How long is this flight?"

"A few hours."

A few hours turned out to actually be eight. By the time you landed your ass was so numb and you just wanted to get off the stupid fucking plane, although for the most part, it wasn't that bad because he was actually really good company, and you talk a lot anyway.

Once you were off the plane he made you go sit in the lounge again while he went to talk to the desk to see how long the layover was. You didn't really want to sit because you had just spent the past eight hours sitting so instead you leaned against a wall and watch him from a far. You still couldn't get over how ridiculously good looking he was and you wanted to do nothing more than run your finger through his dark hair and bite his lip ring.

You push all fantasies aside as he approached you.

"Looks like we're in for a really long wait," He informs you.

You groan, "How long? And don't say a few hours again or I'll kick you."

"Our flights at two tomorrow," He answers.

"Are you kidding" You say loudly. "What the hell are we going to do for a day in an airport?"

He chuckles, "Do you actually think I'm willing to sit in an airport for eighteen hours with someone who can't sit still for two minutes?"

"What are we doing then?"

"Getting a hotel room. At least then there's a bed to sleep in and decent food." You feel pretty dumb for not figuring that out sooner.

You follow him out of the airport after getting your luggage and are struck by a wave of heat. You're not used to it being so hot because where you're from, it's still cold even in the summer. And it's also past seven so it should not be this hot.

"I don't see any signs of a hurricane," You mutter, getting into the taxi with him.

When you get out of the taxi you notice that the hotel is literally right next to the beach. You have no idea what part of California you're in but it doesn't even matter to you because there's a beach.

Once again you find yourself following him and you're starting to get sick of always trailing him. You stand quietly next to him as he gets the key to the room because apparently he already booked the room.

Instead of following him, you take the lead and walk down the short hallway until you come to a stop in front of the door with the same number the receptionist had given you. He unlocks the door and the first thing you notice is that there's only one bed. You wonder if he knew about that when he booked the room or just forgot that there were two of you. The bed was only a double and didn't leave much room for personal space, not that you minded at all, because this for you is the most perfect thing ever, but you're worried about how he feels about this.

He doesn't really seem to care or notice about the bed, "Are you hungry?"

"Yes," You answer, flopping onto the bed and sighing happily as he orders room service. It was the most comfortable thing compared to the hard chairs in the lounge and on the plane.

You look over at him once he's done on the phone, "So how do you expect both of us to fit in the bed?"

"Are you one of those people who takes up a lot of space?"

You grin, "Kinda yeah, but I mean you could always sleep on top of me. Naked."

By now he's used to your sexually suggestive comments and all he does is roll his eyes playfully and grin back at you. "I don't think so." And by now you're used to him playing it off as a joke.

Your food shows up soon after that and you get really excited at the fact that he ordered steak because steak is amazing and it tasted great and before you know it it's gone because you ate so fast.

You get up from the spot you claimed on the bed once you're done stuffing your face and look out the window that's facing the beach. The sun's starting to set, giving everything that orange glow and it's just so pretty.

You turn away from the window at look over at him, "Let's go for a swim."

"The hotel doesn't have a pool." He says without looking up from his phone.

"I mean in the ocean."

He looks at you now, "Why?"

"Because I've never swam in the ocean before." You state. "C'mon please?"

"Do you really want to travel with wet luggage though? I don't think bathing suites would dry that quickly and I don't even have one with me."

"Who said anything about bathing suites?" You ask and he goes to laugh it off when he realizes you're dead serious.

"You want to go skinny dipping?"

"Yeah, why not?" You grin. He's apparently really shocked by this proposal because he starts to stutter and looks really unsure. You grab his hand and tug on it, "Please? We'll just go down in our underwear and we can use the hotel's towels, since neither of us have our own anyway, and we, well you, can order a bottle of wine or something. We can take it down to the the dock, drink a little and then when it get's completely dark so you can't see anything, we'll strip down and swim. Doesn't it sound like a good time? You don't even have to see me naked."

To you it sounded like a great time and you really wanted him to agree so you made the best puppy dog eyes you could, "Please?" He's silent for a moment and you're almost dead sure he's going to say no.

"Alright fine." He says quietly, giving into your pulling and stands up.

"Really?" You ask, just to make sure he's not kidding.

"Yeah," He nods and smiles, but you can see the uncertainty in it. You turn away from him and go into the bathroom to grab a towel and take off your jeans and shirt. You wrap the plain white towel around your body because you still have self esteem problems left over from high school and years of being called fat even though you've lost weight and are a perfectly fine size three. You try not to think about what you're actually about to do as you exit the bathroom but it hits you square in the face when you see him stand there in nothing but black boxers hanging dangerously low on his hips.

"Wow look at me go, we just officially met today and I've already got you out of your pants," You joke because that's what you do to cover up your emotions and you're so ridiculously nervous right now. You toss him a towel and he wraps it around his waist and grabs the bottle of wine that had shown up sooner than you expected.

"So how are we going to do this since we can't just walk in and out of the hotel like this." He asks. You open the door and look down the hall.

"We're only two doors from the back entrance and I know they keep it unlocked at all times so we're good. Just don't forget the key." You grin before leaving the room with him following you. You slip out the back door and walk the short distance to the beach that is completely deserted for some reason, but you like it better that way.

You reach the dock and take a seat on the edge, trying not to get slivers in your ass or have the towel fall off because the worry about your body is still hanging around in your mind. You keep trying to ignore it as you watch him pour two glasses of wine.

"See this isn't as bad as you thought it would be, is it?" You ask, taking a sip of the wine. You never really liked wine, but it seemed to fit the occasion and it was still alcohol and you were pretty tense, considering you were sitting almost naked next to someone else who was almost naked and happened to be drop dead gorgeous and soon to be completely naked so yeah, you needed some liquid confidence.

The more you both drank, the lighter things got. The conversation flowed so easily and you talked about almost anything that came to mind. It seemed that the topic of relationships was avoided, whether it was intentional or not, you still picked up on it.

Finally you got bored with just sitting on the dock and you deemed it dark enough to actually get in the water.

"Do you want me to look away or something?" He asked sheepishly. You found it cute that he was be so shy about it.

"I don't care," You laugh, even though you do care, but he doesn't need to know that. You take few steps back and take off your underwear underneath the towel. Now to jump or just slip in. Without a moment hesitation you pick to jump in because you know it's going to be cold and if you don't jump it will take you forever. Before you can think twice you take a step forward and jump into the water.

And it's really fucking cold. You resurface immediately and hold back a scream.

"Okay your turn," You look up at him and he looks really nervous. "C'mon, you can do it. Do you want me to look away or something?" You smile, which causes him to smile back at you before he stands up. And you actually do opt to look away because you're not really sure you can handle seeing him completely naked.

You busy yourself with fixing your hair that is stuck to your face and looking around to make sure no one else is around until you hear a splash. You turn just as he comes back up.

"Holy shit, it's so cold."

"It's the ocean, duh." You laugh, even though you basically had the same reaction.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," He says, walking over to you, but making sure to not get too close.

"Well, I can believe I'm doing it, I can't believe I convinced you to do it though."

"Why is that hard for you to believe?" He asks. There's just enough light from the hotel and few other buildings around for you to be able to make out his outline and some of his features.

"You just don't strike me as the adventurous type, y'know?" You tell him. "You seem like more of an observer than a do'er. But the again I could be completely wrong."

You can hear him moving around in the water, trying to stay warm. By now your body had become custom to the freezing temperature.

"I guess you're right," He answers. You didn't notice that he was a lot close than before. "And you're more of a do'er than an observer, aren't you?"

"I try to be. There's somethings I'd rather watch than do, but I try to be a live in the moment type of person."

He's close enough to you now that you can hear him breathing and make his face out completely. You can see the water glistening off his shoulders that aren't submerged in the water like yours are.

"And how do you live in the moment?" He asks and instead of explaining it, you decide it would be better to show him. You take another step closer to him while standing on your tippy toes in the water, because you're shorter than him and you're hoping he doesn't figure out what you're about to do. In one quick movement your press your lips against his. Since it's dark it's a little bit off, but you can fell the cold, wet metal of his lip ring against your lips and pull back as quickly as you kissed him.

"By doing things like that," You say before moving back. You hold your breath while you wait for his reaction, expecting him to freak out or something. Instead you see a small smile spread across his face.

"That seems like a reasonable way," He says and now you're both just standing in the water smiling and you're not sure where this is going to go but you're pretty damn pleased with yourself.

You suddenly shiver abruptly and jump to the side.

"What was that?" He asks, chuckling.

"There was seaweed touching my butt." You shudder because that's really gross and it creeps you out. "And that's my cue to get out because ew."

You move over to the side of the dock that you left your stuff by and pull yourself out of the water, not really caring what he saw of you anymore. Thank you, red wine. You quickly wrap the towel around yourself because it's colder out of the water than in the water. You time bending down to grab the few pieces of clothing laying on the dock perfectly with him getting out of the water and when you turn around your breath gets caught in your throat because whoa, he's gorgeous.

The dim light catches on the water droplets sliding down his body, disappearing into the towel that was still so low you could see the v-line of his hips. He ran a hand through his wet hair and you found it completely unfair that while you stand there looking like a drowned rat, he gets to still look completely gorgeous without any visible flaws.

You walk side by side back to the door of the hotel in silence, both thinking about the events of the day. Just as you had said, the back door was open and you both walk as quickly as possible to the door of your room and he has the key ready to unlock it.

You go straight to your bag and drag into the bathroom, leaving him to change in the rest of the room again. You look in the mirror and cringe because your hair is all over the place and all your makeup had washed away. You drop the towel and change into pajama short shorts and a tank top because it's still way too hot in California for regular pajamas. You untangle your hair with a brush and wash away the leftover make up around your eyes. You're not really satisfied with how you look but you're going to bed soon anyway.

You exit the bathroom again, dropping your bag on the ground by the door and crawl onto the bed that he's already laying in under the covers. The room is dim except for the one lamp that's on the table next to him. Part of you is hoping that he's still naked under the sheets, but that thought is dashed when you catch a glimpse of the band of his boxers as you pull back the blanket and flop down next to him.

"So was that fun?" You ask.

"Yeah, it was," And he's smiling again and you can't help but to smile back because it's so contagious. "But we should probably sleep since we've got another really long flight tomorrow."

"Yay," You say sarcastically.

"At least you're not sleeping in the chairs in the airport lounge." He points out. "Even if the bed is small."

"That whole sleeping naked on top of me offer is still wide open."

"I think there's been enough nudity for one night." He laughs before turning off the lamp, the room lapsing into darkness. You feel him roll over in the bed, "Goodnight." He says while you roll over onto your stomach and turn your head to face him.

"Goodnight." You say quietly while looking at him in the dark.

In the silence you take the time to realize everything that had happened today and the fluttery feeling that never once left your stomach and how ridiculously happy you were no matter how much you hated being on the plane and now you're starting to think this could be more than just a stupid little crush and you can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. It's probably more of a bad thing but you can't help that this man is basically perfect and so sweet and god dammit there are those freaking butterflies again. You bury your face in the pillow, trying to push out all these stupid thoughts so you could sleep.

So it's like this: You're sharing a bed with a man that you think you're falling for and you only just met and you're getting into things way past your head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feeback would be lovely (: