If Love Is The Answer, Could You Repeat The Question?

Scene three

So it's like this: You're sitting on a plane, which is a relatively normal thing except you're afraid of flying so you're a little strung out and shaky and trying to grasp onto something that will keep you grounded unlike the plane which is now thousands of feet in the air. But the only thing to hold onto are the arm's of the chair, which would probably make you look a little bit insane or to grab onto the person next to you and that would probably make things more are awkward than they are now. Ever since the incident in the bathroom last night you've barely spoken to each other except for him giving you a few instructions on what to do at the airport because you still don't really know what to do.

And that makes you wonder if you're really cut out for this job because your job is basically a watered down version of his job and you know his job involves a lot of airports and math. And you're not really good at either. And now you're wondering what other aspects of this job you're not really good at and if they outweigh the things that you can do like calmly deal with a raging hotel manager after the band destroys another hotel room or put up with screaming fans all day.

Thinking about all of this has made your heart pound a little bit faster and your hands tremble a little bit more and you're sure he can probably feel you vibrating next to him because there's not much space between you since these seats are tiny. You're trying to maintain a normal breathing pattern but they're turning into short puffs and your mind won't stop telling you you're not cut out for this job and he's going to end up firing you by the end of the week because you're going to screw everything up and--

"Are you okay?" His soft voice cuts through the sheet of panic that has wrapped itself around your body and mind.

You manage to nod slightly and try to focus on the back of the seat in front of you while calming yourself down but your hearts still pounding like a kick drum and just as loud and you're starting to sweat a little bit because it feels like the plane is on fire. That was the completely wrong way to think about it because now you're imagining the plane blowing up and that just makes things worse and you're wishing you never stepped foot on this stupid fucking plane in the first place.

Just when you think you're going to actually explode from this panic attack and all these thoughts you feel something slid into your hand, warm and comforting. You look down at your hand that is now intertwined with his and your breathing evens out a little and your pulse isn't blocking out all the other sounds, but now your stomach is filled with a fluttery feeling and your head just spun in a complete circle.

"Take a deep breath and relax," He says quietly in your ear and you want to yell at him that it's completely impossible for you to relax under these circumstances but instead you do what he says because he could tell you do walk off the top of a building and you'd probably do it without so much as a single thought about what you were doing.

You take a long, deep breath and shakily let it out while trying to relax and then you repeat the motion and the strange thing is it's actually working, sorta.

"It's going to be okay" He started to rub circles on your hand with his thumb which does nothing for the explosion of butterflies in your stomach but with the combination of him mumbling comforting things in your ear and you taking deep breaths you're a lot more calm than you were two minutes ago. Except now you're wishing the comforting word would turn dirty and he'd toss in a couple neck bites here and there. It would undo everything he's done to calm you down but it would be in the best way possible.

You turn your head to him and your noses brush, you didn't realize he was actually that close and you fight back a blush because how actually blushes over that? You, apparently.

"Thank you," You say so quietly you barely heard yourself while looking into his big eyes that are more green and hazel than brown today and you realize just how much you love his eyes. They're so intense but still soft and loving, and the reflect every emotion that he feels even if he tries to block them out. They make you weak in the knees when they're completely focused on you and make you want to melt when they're the color of dark chocolate. He has that gaze that can completely take you apart in seconds, leaving you exposed and naked, and put you back together just as easily.

He leans in slightly and you feel the cold metal of his lip ring against your cheek briefly before he pulls back and sits back in his seat but he still hasn't let go of your hand or stopped with the little circles and the butterflies in your stomach haven't stopped trying to escape yet you're completely relaxed.

But of course your mind starts to run wild again and you're wondering where exactly you sit with him (figuratively speaking since you are sitting on a place with him). For a while you thought that you had been friend zoned automatically, but obviously after making out with him in the bathroom after him telling you all the things he loved about you, there has to be something more, right? He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would lead someone on when there's no chance of anything happening. But this is only what, day five? So you don't actually know him all that well even though it feels like you've known him forever. And when you're stuck in a hotel room you tend to do nothing but sit there and babble about your life, and you're pretty sure that he would have mentioned something about liking to play with people's feelings.

Except the problem with this entire thing (because there always seems to be a problem) is that it's literally only been five days since you met. Officially anyway. But the point is that the feelings you have are probably irrational and would scare the fuck out of him because hey, it's only been five days. But you can't help it, and it doesn't help that everything he says and does seems to attract you more, and it runs deeper than just a physical attraction and that's what worries you the most.

Another posing problem (because there's never more than one) is that he's also your boss. Technically the band are your bosses, but he still controls what you do and when you do it. So you're pretty sure that anything and everything is off limits anyway.

All these stupid thoughts are making you tired, and it's not like you got any sleep last night either because honestly how are you supposed to sleep while he's laying right next to you mumbling about peanut butter and Mickey Mouse? Exactly. So instead of worrying about all the stupid details of this seemingly complicated situation (which is really only complicated to you) you slouch down in your seat and lean your head casually against his shoulder, causing him to look down at you curiously. You smile up at him briefly before closing your eyes and hoping that when you wake up you'll be on the ground.

-x-

You're woken up by someone poking you in the face.

"Wake up, we've landed," He informs you.

"Thank the Lord" You mumbled, and he chuckles as you try to clear the fog from your head and stand up at the same time. It was a really bad idea and you ended up stumbling but of course he was there and grabbed you, steadying you before you could smash your face into something.

"Balance problems?" He joked.

"I blame the shoes," And you both look down at the knee high black heels you were wearing that covered up the bottom half of the dark skinnies you had stuffed yourself into this morning. He chuckled and you follow him down the isle closely.

You felt a lot better about everything now that you were on solid ground and things didn't seem as bad as they were in your head, because they never really are. The process to get your luggage was long, but you were finally out of the airport for hopefully a long time. You followed him out into the parking lot and through the maze of cars until you came to a small silver sports car parked in the back. If it hadn't been for the Mickey Mouse seat covers and the few dolls laying in the back window you would have never guess it was his car.

He popped the trunk for you and you dropped the few bags next to his and circled around the the passengers side and got in.

"You're awfully quiet today," He commented as he smoothly pulled out of the stall and drove towards the exit. And yeah, you were quiet. Usually the conversation would never end between you two, but there really wasn't much you had to say without spilling out everything you were thinking.

"I just don't have much to say," You answer.

"Was it something I said or did?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road. There was something really attractive about him driving though. The way he had one had one the steering wheel and the on the gear stick since he was apparently driving manually instead of automatic while slouching slightly. You could tell he was tense just by the way his shoulders were.

"No, why would you think that?"

"You've just been really quiet since we fought." He said slowly. "Are you still mad?"

"Oh no, of course not." You answer. Okay maybe you weren't talking so much because when he called you irritating that one night it kinda stuck to you and you don't want to annoy him.

"I hope you know that I didn't mean any of what I said though." It was like he was reading your mind, or maybe he put your actions together with what had happened. He's not dumb and you weren't making it very subtle either.

"I know." Even though you don't really believe him.

"You don't really believe that do you?"

"Not really," You say and smile slightly. It's nice to have someone who knows when you're lying and be able to read you easily.

He sighed, "Okay, what do I have to do to make you believe that you aren't annoying, frustrating and stubborn?"

"Nothing because I already know I'm all of those things," You smile again, trying to show him that it's no big deal.

"But you're not. Okay well you're stubborn, I'll give you that, but it's more cute than anything." You snort, amused by the fact he just called you cute. "And I like it when you talk a lot, you're an interesting person."

"You're really generous with these compliments." You tease slightly, "Do you do this to every girl you've just met?"

"No only you, because all those things are true."

You can't help but to smile.

"So where am I staying?" You ask trying to change the subject because you can't handle another compliment.

"With me," He says like it should be the most obvious thing in the world, and it probably should have. "Except there's a slight problem, which was mostly bad planning on my part."

"And that is?"

"My guest room right now is kinda a storage room for all the old and extra band stuff."

"So the living room is my room? Assuming you have a couch."

"Of course I have a couch but I wouldn't make you sleep on it for that long."

"Why not?"

"Because it's leather and that's just mean."

"Then where am I going to sleep?"

He looked over at you and gave you that look like you should have already guessed the answer to this question, and you have but it just seemed really surreal and you didn't want to jump to false conclusions.

"Do you always allow strangers in your bed for almost two weeks?" You joke to cover up everything else you're feeling, even though you're not sure what you're feeling anyway.

"Only the pretty ones," He winked and you both grinned. You both lapsed into another silence, but you were grateful that was comfortable. The rest of the drive was short and quiet and you couldn't help but to notice he had a habit of going over the speed limit.

Eventually he pulled up in front of a small one floored house. It was plain on the outside with no gardening and the grass needed to be mowed. You cringed at the thought of yard work and how tedious it was and how you never ever wanted to do it but the thought of him mowing the lawn shirtless made you think that it sometimes isn't that bad.

You grabbed your bags out of the trunk and followed him up the short path to the door and as you stepped in after he unlocked the door it hits you that this is actually real, and that everything in the past few days has actually happened and it was only the trip out to Baltimore. The real adventure was just about to begin and you had no idea what was going to happen.

So it's like this: You're about to spend the next two weeks sharing a bed and house with someone who you've fallen head over heels for.