If Love Is The Answer, Could You Repeat The Question?

Scene four; part two

The next morning you're hoping to wake up to big brown eyes, messy black hair and a sleepy smile because that's the perfect way to start the day, but instead you wake up to an empty bed. You sigh while stretching before getting out of the bed, putting on a loose fitting shirt and quietly walking down the hall to the living room.

He's sitting on the couch with a laptop in front of him on the table, along with a bunch of paper work spread out just like last night. You can tell he hasn't been up for very long because he's not even dressed and he hasn't gotten himself coffee. He also hasn't even noticed you standing there yet. You go into the kitchen and get out two cups, smiling at the Mickey Mouse designs on them before filling them both with coffee. You remember exactly how he likes his from watching him do it so many times in the morning in the hotel.

You take it out and set it next to him on the table, avoiding setting it on any of the papers.

"Good morning," You say softly and take a seat next to him.

"Oh, good morning. I didn't even hear you get up." He replies, taking a sip of his coffee. "This is perfect, thank you."

"No problem, you looked like you needed it. Do you need help with anything?" You offer even though you know you're still not awake enough to do anything but make coffee. And he knows that too.

"No it's okay. You could actually probably go back to bed for a while, it's only 8:30."

You almost cringe at the time. So much for sleeping in during summer.

"I can't sleep anyway so you could explain to me what you're doing. Just for future knowledge, y'know?" You'd never tell him, but you couldn't sleep because he wasn't in there with you.

For the next three hours he went through all the paper work and explained to you what it was for and why it was needed. It was pretty boring but you tried your hardest to pay attention the entire time.

"Yeah okay that was too much too early" You say getting up once he's done going through every sheet and go into the fridge, getting out the left overs from last night.

"You're having that for breakfast?" He asks as you put it in the microwave.

"Do you have anything better?" You raise an eyebrow. "And it's not like I'll be eating any better on tour so."

"No. I'll get to that eventually."

"There's no rush, do it when you have time. Just not on Saturday." You add quickly when he goes to say something. You're dead set on him having one day to relax.

"What day is it anyway?" He asks.

"It's Friday, so you're relaxing starts when we get back from dinner tonight." You're surprised you know the date since you barely ever know the month let alone the day of the week.

"Speaking of that, do you have anything nice to wear?"

"What you mean I can't go to dinner dressed like this?" You chuckle and he gives you that no bullshit look and you laugh again, "I'm sure I can pull something together." But he looks uncertain that you actually can. You give him what you hoped was a reassuring smile before grabbing your food from the microwave and leaning against the counter while eating.

“You can come eat in here. I don’t bite.”

“I wish you did though.” You shoot back and his eyebrows rise at the comment. It amused you how he took all your sexually suggestive comments as a joke when you meant most of them, even though you had said you were going to stop making them.

You spend the rest of the day helping him out with everything he needs to do for the tour to the best of your ability and listening to him explain things to you until you think you’re going to explode. Thankfully he notices the time and suggests you start getting ready for dinner since you both need showers.

“I’ll use the one in my room and you can use that one.” He says, pointing to the one next to the guest room. You consider making a showering together comment but hold this one back after the last time you made one it backfired terribly and it still kinda stung to think about. Instead you just nod and go to grab your bag while he gets you a towel.

“Whoa, that was weird.”

“What was?” You ask.

“There was no sexual comment about showering together or anything.” He pointed out.

“Yeah I thought I’d keep it to myself this time.” You say quietly, then louder, “But y’know, that offer is still open any time.”

You watch the change in his eyes when he realizes why you kept it to yourself. You’re not prepared when he leans in so close you can feel his breath on your neck. “Maybe next time,” He breathes seductively in your ear before handing you the towel. He turns and disappears into his room, leaving you weak in the knees and dizzy. You blink a few times before almost stumbling into the bathroom because wow, that left you a pile of lust and fantasies and a cold shower is definitely needed now.

Once you’re done showering you smell pretty manly from all the products, but you that didn't bother you much. You don’t bother getting dressed right away; instead you pull out your blow dryer and straightener and decide to straight your hair for the first time in months. The process is long and hot but it gives your hair an extra two inches to the length and it looks really good.

It starts to sink in what you’re getting ready for while you’re doing your makeup and you get that familiar giddy feeling that rarely leaves you anymore and you can’t help but to smile even though this isn’t a date or anything close to it, it still makes you happy and nervous at the same time.

Just as you finish doing you’re makeup and go to start getting dressed there’s a knock on the door.

“I’m naked.” You state loudly.

“That just gives me more reason to come in you know.”

“Like you actually would,” You roll your eyes and laugh while trying to pull on black skinnies.

“How much longer are you going to be?”

“Give me like five minutes and I’ll be done.” You say as you reach for the red shirt you picked out. It was loose fitting and the back was wide open. Once you’re actually dressed you grab your black boots and slip them on over your jeans before opening the door and coming face to face with him.

“Wow, you look great,” He says, looking you up and down. “Are those the only shoes you brought?”

“Of course not, they just make my ass and legs look fantastic.” You say, brushing past him, noticing how good he smelled. You also notice how good he looked in a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and nice jeans.

“Wait do you have a tattoo?” He asked following behind you and you nod without even looking back at him. “How did I never notice that?”

You shrug, but are glad he noticed. “It’s easy to hide and you’re not very observant.”

“What’s it of?” He asks while looking for his keys so you can leave.

“Angel wings, it takes up three quarters of my back.” You say as you hand him his keys off the counter. “A little bit scattered today?”

“I’m always scattered,” He smiled and you follow him outside. He unlocks the car door after locking the front door.

“Where are we going?” Not that you knew any of the restaurants in Baltimore.

“You’ll see.” Is all you get from him and this time you don’t mind because you’re too focused on staring out the window intently, taking everything in as you drive.

“Maybe one day before we’ll leave for tour, I’ll show you the city.” He offers.

“That actually sounds really great.” You smile. A few minutes later he pulls up in front of a small restaurant and you can tell it’s Italian by the name.

“I remember you saying that you really liked Italian food so I thought I’d bring you to my favorite Italian restaurant.” He tells you as he opens the door for you. Yeah, he might be a little scattered and forgets where he puts his keys and phone all the time, but he can remember the small details about you which you think is far more important.

Once you’re in there you’re instantly taken to a table near the back and it’s actually a really nice place. It was dimly lit with candles here and there and soft music playing in the background. He ordered a bottle of wine when the waiter came around.

“You know it’s technically illegal for me to have any,” You remind him once the waiter’s gone.

“You’re what, nineteen, right?”

“I will be next month.”

“Oh well, you look 21 and that’s all that matters.” He smiles. It hits you that he’s still five years older than you and most people would frown upon you being with him because you’re still a teenager for another 13 months.

And then you have to remind yourself again that you aren’t actually with him and this isn’t even a date, even though it feels more and more like a date with every second that passes and no matter how much you wish it was.

When the waiter came back you ordered pasta and he ordered something that sounded really good but you weren’t paying much attention because you were still having a little fit on this inside over the fact that this was actually happening.

The conversation flowed just like always but he caught you off guard with one of the questions he asked.

“Have you ever been in love?”

You weren’t prepared for him to ever ask you that so you weren’t quite sure how to answer it so it wasn’t so blunt.

“No.” You answer. “It’s hard to be in something you don’t believe exists.”

It was his turn to be surprised. “You don’t believe love exists? Why not?”

“Not once have I ever been shown that it does. I’ve watched relationship after relationship fall apart and never have seen one last more than a few years. If love really existed then all those relationships wouldn’t have fallen apart like they did, because apparently love conquers all. Isn’t that the saying?” You shrug, “It’s really hard to explain but I just don’t believe it exists.”

You wanted to ask him if he believed it did but just as you worked up the nerve to, your food came and the moment was gone, again. Timing was not on your side lately.

You both ate quietly; neither of you really knowing what to say, but the food was amazing so it was a light silence. You liked how you never had to force anything with him. Everything just came really easy and naturally.

Once the meal was over the waiter came back to offer dessert but he declined and you gave him a confused look.

“I have something else in mind.” He smiles and takes the cheque.

“Does it involve sex?”

“No.” He laughs, pulling out a debit card and leading you up to the register to pay. Once he’s done you leave the restaurant and head to his car but he grabs your hand and stops you. “It’s close so we can walk there.”

You expect him to let go of your hand immediately after you fall into step next to him but instead he intertwines your fingers together.

“What’s your favorite part of Disneyland?” He asks.

“I’d love to tell you that but I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t.”

“What?! How can you never have been to Disneyland?!”

“Need I remind you that they don’t have Disneyland back home?” You giggle at his reaction. “But what’s your favorite part?”

“Everything,” He smiles and he reminds you of a small child.

Before you can say anything he let’s go of your hand and opens the door to an ice cream shop. It was small and chilly but the counter in front of you stretched from wall to wall and was filled with various buckets of ice cream.

You studied the flavors while waiting in line until you got to the front where he ordered for you. The fact that he also knew that your favorite kind of ice cream was bubble gum was amazing and you could actually feel yourself falling a little bit more for him.

He handed you the cone and took your free hand with his and led you back out of the shop.

“Wow is all the food this good here?” You ask while you walked back to his car slowly.

“It depends on where you go, but when you live here your entire life you tend to be able to pick out the best ones after a while.”

You suddenly wonder how many other girls he’s taken to both the restaurant and the ice cream shop before. You shove that thought as hard as you can from your mind before your thoughts can ruin this seemingly perfect day.

By the time you got back to his car you were both done your ice cream and got in.

“We need to make a pit stop at a store though.” You tell him and he looks at you confused but still obliges and stops at a grocery store on the way back. “Stay,” you say before getting out and running into the store, glad that you got at least some of your money exchanged before you came here. You grabbed a bunch of necessities for tomorrow and paid for them.

“What’s all that?” He asks when you get back in the car.

“Things for tomorrow” Is all you’ll give him for now.

You get back to his place and while you’re taking your shoes off he steps past you and goes to grab his laptop.

“Don’t even think about it.” You tell him and once both your shoes are off you walk over and slap his hand off the computer. “I told you, you’re relaxing starts after dinner.”

“But—”

“But nothing. Unless someone is dead or dying it’s not important.” You pull him away from all the paperwork. “It can wait a day; it will all be there Sunday morning.”

“Alright fine, but what do you expect me to do tonight?”

“Go to your room and take off your shirt.” You command and he gives you a bewildered look because you’re not joking. “Trust me. Just go do it.”

You’ve never seen him look as confused as he did while shuffled down the hallway. You put away all the food you bought and grab a bottle of hand cream from the bathroom before entering his room and closing the door behind him. Shockingly, he actually listened to you and is lying in his bed with no shirt on. You turn off the main light so that the only light is coming from the lamp on the bedside table.

“Roll over,” You say after admiring his body in the dim light.

“What are you doing?” He sounds worried but still follows the orders you’re giving him.

“Giving you a back massage before you snap in half from being so stressed,” You set the bottle of cream next to him as he stiffens a little more and turns to look at you. “Calm down. I took three years of sports med in high school; I know what I’m doing. And it’s either this or an orally stimulated orgasm so take your pick.”

“Why can’t I have both?” And you can’t tell if he’s joking or not.

“Well I mean you can. I’m good at both,” Was all you could get out because that definitely took you by surprise.

“We’ll see how good this massage is and go from there.” He says before burying his face in the pillows. You take a second to stare wide eyed at the back of his head before crawling onto him and sitting on his butt.

You pour some of the cream into your hands before leaning really close to his ear, “Relax,” You breathe because you can still see how tense he is. So instead of warming up the cream you let the cold substance fall onto his back and he shuddered. “That’s fucking cold.” He turns his head and glares at you

“That’s what you get for not listening to me.” You give him a cheeky smile before slowly rubbing the cream into his back slowly. You go through all the motions and techniques you were taught in school and you’re pretty sure you’re doing a good job from the fact that he’s considerably less tense and also making small grunts and moans every time you hit a sensitive spot, which seem to be everywhere. You’re desperately trying to ignore the noises he’s making and focus completely on the message but it’s not working because it’s so hot.

After a good twenty minutes of you rubbing his back and him still moaning under his breath you’re ready to roll him over and have him right there. Your control is slowly slipping away with every minute that passes and just when you think you’re about to lose it he tells you to stop and you’re almost thankful. You go to get off of him but as soon as you sit up on your knees he rolls over and sits up. Before you could do anything he hooks his arms around the back of your legs and pulls you closer to him, making you sit in his lap with your face inches apart.

“Was it okay?” You ask softly, snaking one hand around his neck to play with the short hairs at the base of his neck while his rest on your hips.

“It was fucking amazing,” He answers and now you’re staring into each other’s eyes again and it’s almost like a repeat of last night. You’re not sure whether to take the risk and make the first move or not. You didn’t have time to make the decision when you felt his lips collide against yours. You weren’t expecting it and you didn’t want him to pull back and end it. And he didn’t. It started off slow and hesitant because neither of you really knew how the other was going to react but the second you kiss him back it was like an explosion and it suddenly rougher, hotter and more passionate. You bit his lip ring, something you had been longing to do forever while dragging your nails down his back with one hand, the other tangled in his dark hair. His hands were slowly trailing down your hips and you didn’t care where his hands went, you never wanted this to end.

Without warning he flipped you over, taking your shirt off in the process, so you were now lying on your back in a sea of pillows and messy sheets with him hovering over top of you. And not once did he break the kiss. You weren’t sure you were going to get anymore from him but as you ran your nails down his back again his tongue made its way into your mouth and you were now fighting him for dominance. And wow, he’s really fucking good at making out and it really can’t get much better than this, but apparently I can as he breaks apart from you and goes straight to attacking your neck with his teeth, biting and sucking.

He finds another soft spot and you arch your back into his body and the skin against skin contact sends shivers and sparks all up and down your body. He went back to your lips the moment he was done covering your neck in love bites and his tongue is in your mouth again, exploring every inch. This doesn’t last as long as you were hoping before he pulls back again and hovers over you. Both of you are breathing hard and you can’t wipe the smile off your face.

“Wow,” You say.

He slides on hand down your side while looking down at your body and then back up to your eyes, “Wow is an understatement.” And his voice is deep and hot. He presses another soft kiss to your lips. And another. And another.

“If you don’t stop,” You say but are stopped but another kiss, “I’m going,” another kiss, “to lose,” and another. He’s also still exploring your body with one hand and it’s so hard to concentrate on talking, “the little control I have,” another kiss, “so unless you’re going to take me,” these kisses were getting really distracting, “right here, right now,” this time he bites your lip and you let a moan slip, “you’re going to have to stop.” You rush the last part and kiss him back.

“And what if I wanted to have you right here right now?” That wasn’t what you were expecting.

“Stop being a tease.” You grin and kiss him. You could do it over and over and never get sick of the feeling of his lips against yours.

“But I like teasing you.” He bites your lip again and your self-control was hanging by a thread. He presses his lips against yours again and you let out something between a moan and a sigh. “But you’re right.” He continues, pushing himself up a little. You almost wish you hadn’t stopped him but you both knew it was better. He leans down again and gives you one last mind spinning kiss, then kisses your cheek, your jaw and the spot just under your ear before whispering something soft and something you never expected to ever hear him say to you and you’re not sure what else to do but nod as he pushes himself off of you and rolls over so he’s lying next to you.

You’re suddenly drained of all energy. That had been one hell of a make out session. There was no way in hell that you were going to get up and put on pajamas so instead you unbutton your pants on the spot and pull them off, crawling under the covers immediately after throwing them across the room.

“That’s actually a really good idea.” He says, but instead he stands up and takes his off. And you can’t help but to watch and wish you had done it for him. He gets back into bed as he turned off the light and shuffles close to you, tossing an arm across your waist causally.

“Goodnight,” He whispers in the darkness.

And yeah, it was a good night.