Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

The Secret's Out

I was sitting at the lunch table next to Adam with Eli and Clare sitting directly across from us. Eli and I were the only ones that could feel the awkward tension in the group, along with the sexual tension between the two of us. I barely picked at the over-sized sandwich in front of me and I took small nibbles from the bread.

“Are you okay?” Adam began to ask, “You usually eat like a pregnant man, and now you’re eating like an anorexic bird.”

I chuckled slightly before taking a large bite of the sandwich in my hands to calm Adam’s nerves slightly, taking a gulp of my orange Vitamin Water as well.

"So, what did you guys do last night after Dallas and I went upstairs because we were drunk and about to pass out?" Adam asked, obviously knowing more than he was letting on.

"I didn't know you guys were all alone last night." Clare said with a slight twinge of anger coating her words.

"You should have been there." I said in a sarcastic tone, figuring that if she was going to be rude to me then I had every right to be rude to her.

"Yeah, you really should have Clare." Eli said, in a tone much like mine except it was less sharp and leaning closer to his normal wit, “Olive and I here had a lot of fun last night. Didn’t we Olive?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“I can name a few times where I’ve had more fun.” I said, watching his jaw drop slightly before his mouth closed and formed back into its usual smirk.

“You seemed pretty excited, I highly doubt you’ve had fun like that in a really long time.” Eli said.

I opened my mouth to argue but Adam cut me off.

“Yeah, Dallas and I heard you two…” Adam began, trailing off when he noticed Clare was sitting directly in front of him and Eli and I were glaring daggers at his form, “Playing beer pong last night.”

"Really," Clare began to ask, “You guys just played a few rounds of beer pong all night? That doesn’t sound like something you two would find entertaining. What else did you do?”

"I actually thought that last night’s activities were pretty fun." I said with a simple shrug of my shoulders.

"Yeah, after we played beer pong, we had sex and burned in the fiery pit of Hell because of all of the uncensored adultery we ended up taking over." Eli said.

"Yeah, but unfortunately there was a rebellion and we were kicked out of our throne." I said.

"Did you get us any souvenirs while you were in Hell?" Adam asked, already used to my sick and twisted sense of humor in a way that Clare probably never would be.

"I think we did but we might have left them in the royal carriage." I said, pausing for a moment as if I was pondering the thought in my mind.

"We should go back later tonight; I think I might be in the mood for another ride." Eli said, his sexual innuendo subtle enough that Clare didn't notice it but Adam most likely did.

"So," I began, eager to change the topic of the conversation, "Clare, I don't think you've ever told me, how did you and good old Eli over here end up together?" I asked even though she's probably told me half a dozen times and he has as well.

I watched her eyes light up with excitement as she prepared to tell the story everyone she has ever met has already heard and I leaned forward in my seat, making sure to give Eli and whoever would pass behind him a full shot of my ample cleavage that was covered in the hickies he gave me while still managing to keep the upper half of my body hidden from Clare.

"What about you, Olivia?" Clare asked me, shaking me out of the thoughts of the previous night that I was somehow trapped in and was preventing me from listening to anything she had just said.

"Excuse me?" I asked her, trying my hardest to be polite and not let her know that I wasn't listening to her at all.

"I asked you about your last relationship, before Jake, I mean." she said.

"Oh, um, I don't really want to talk about it."

"Why not," she asked me, slightly insulted by my response, "We're all friends here."

"I know, Clare," I began again, trying not to hurt her feelings more than I already had, "I just don't feel very comfortable talking about this topic."

"What, are you cheating on Jake with someone back from where you used to live?" she asked, making rude and irrational assumptions.

"I would never do that to anyone." I said, more hurt than anything else especially since I had already done what she was insinuating except that in the scenario I was currently in, Jake was not the other man.

"Yeah, I can tell." she said snarkily.

‘Gee, someone ate the whole fucking box of bitchflakes today didn’t they?’ I thought to myself, knowing when to bite my tongue and keep my

I bit down on my full, pink bottom lip harshly and wiped away a tear from my big blue eyes, successfully smudging my previously perfect eyeliner and mascara.

"If you really want to know," I began in a choked voice, "then I’m sure Adam can tell you."

“Why can’t you tell me,” she said in the same tone she had before, “I want to know from the source, not from Adam.”

I rolled my eyes.

“For someone that claims to be a good-hearted Christian girl, you’re a complete and total bitch.” I said, watching her eyes widen and her jaw drop open in shock as she gasped.

When the words finished coming out of my mouth I stood up, grabbing my bag and walking back into the school. I was wiping away tears as I went and I made my way to the nearest bathroom with my gaze focused on my feet. I pushed the silver door open and sighed in relief when I saw there was nobody else in there but me. I placed my bag by the sink and wet a paper towel to take off the eyeliner and mascara that was freely running down my cheeks. The door opened and I didn't have to look to know it was Eli.

"He was perfect," I began, knowing full well that Eli would not interrupt me, "My mother loved him, we had dreams to move to England together, he was at the top of his class and he was could play almost every instrument out there."

"Why would you cry about that?" Eli asked after a moment of silence that I used to conjure up the courage to continue with the story.

"He liked to experiment with different drugs and stuff like that, I never really minded because I was usually not there when he did it. One weekend we went to a concert together and he got really high and really drunk. He wanted me to have sex with him in the bathroom and when I said no he punched me."

"Olive," he began as he pulled me into his arms and cradled me against his chest much like he would a small child, "I had no idea it was that bad. Adam just said you had boyfriend issues and I assumed it was a bad breakup."

I shrugged my shoulders.

"It continued like that for almost a year before someone found out. Drew flew all the way out to where I lived at the time just to beat him up. A few days after my mom had him arrested and the next week I moved out here." I told him, the most gruesome part of my life story finally ending.

"Her name was Julia." Eli began after a long moment of silence.

"Whose name was Julia?" I asked him.

"Julia was my ex-girlfriend. She was my first real girlfriend and I never thought I would be the same when she was gone."

"What happened between you two?"

"We fought a lot, mainly over stupid things but sometimes over little almost important things. My old friends joked around and called us an explosive couple. One day it was raining and we got into a horrible fight. She walked out of my house and I just remember being so incredibly mad at her. Next thing I know, I get news that she was in a crash and she died." he said.

I wrapped my arms tighter around Eli's thin middle and I felt him sigh slightly, almost as if he was relieved to finally tell me that fact. We stood there for a few more seconds, our arms wrapped around each other when he pulled away.

"I have something for you." he said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

I felt my head tilt slightly to the side and my eyebrows furrowed up in confusion as I watched him go to his bag and dig through one of pockets towards the front.

"What are you looking for so furiously?" I asked him with a slight chuckle.

He pulled his pale, nail polished coated hand out of his pocket and I gasped at what he was holding.

“Eli,” I began as I grabbed the small, thin, black stick from his hand, “You’re a lifesaver.”

“I know,” he said with a fake, cocky air surrounding him, “Now, fix your makeup. I can’t be seen with you if you look like that.”

I chucked and I took the cap off the eyeliner, fixing my smeared and smudged makeup as best as I could. When I was done, I handed the eyeliner pencil in my hand back over to Eli and when he finished placing it back in his bag I pulled him in for another hug.

“What was that for?” he asked me as we pulled away from each other, slightly confused as to why I hugged him yet again.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Maybe your sex jokes are a little crude and they need some work,” I began, “But you’re a really good friend, Blueberry.” I ended, throwing on a new nickname for him at the end.

“Blueberry,” he began to ask, “Did you really just call me Blueberry?”

I nodded my head and he opened the door for us to walk out, holding it for me as I walked out in front of him.

“Why is my new name Blueberry?” he asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and led me to our next class.

“Blueberries are my favorite fruit, plus your eyes are really green and you call me Olive. I figured since my eyes are really blue I should call you Blueberry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment subscribe and recommend to let me know how everyone likes this story. Also, please check out my other stories, especially my One Direction story. The links to all stories are below.

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out my new One Direction fan-fic, [url= http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/487820/Shes-a-Rebel-Shes-a-Saint/] She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint [/url] it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted and my second one is a love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.