Shades of Moons

The Seventh

In the gym, Io was watching the other wrestlers tossing each other around on the matted floor. He took a long, satisfying slug from his water bottle. He was exhausted. There were only ten minutes left in practice before he could change and head to the pool to wait for Europa. More than anything, he just wanted to go home.

The heavy clap of the double doors made the brunette glance away from the wrestlers in front of him. Europa was gazing around the gym. He waved to get her attention. She smiled and skipped over to the bench he was on, taking a seat beside him. "Here are the keys," she said quickly, handing him the jingling object.

"And you're giving me these because?"

"Because I have a ride and I know you want to go home," Europa explained, giggling. "Don't be dumb, Io."

He mocked hurt. "Dumb?" His mouth fell open in horror at her hurtful word and then he regained his composure. "A ride from who, E?"

"Oh, now, now, I. No need to get all protective. Besides, why would I tell you? So you can scare him away?"

Europa smirked as she stood and escaped before he could tie her down and threaten it out of her. "Call me!" he yelled after her. She shot her hand up in a thumbs up. He sighed, shaking his head. His little sister was growing up.

"I'll bet any money," Tommy said, sitting himself in Europa's previous spot, "That it's my brother."

With a furrowed brow, Io looked at him. "What? Why would you think that?"

"Joey has been obsessed with Europa since she ran into him on the first day of school last year. He's just such a pussy when it comes to girls. 'What if she says no? I don't want to ruin our friendship.'" Tommy laughed at his brother's comments when they would talk. "He's been whining about how beautiful she is and how much he would give for her just to see him as more. Frankly, it's annoying, but last night, I convinced him to just go for it. I mean, all the other girl's are all over him. Europa is still a girl, no matter how different she is."

The coach blew his whistle and Tommy quickly retreated to the locker room. Once more, Io was left without a response. Thankfully though, she was going home with Joseph Warren. The brunette quickly got himself to believe that nothing would happen to her, for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me who your favorite is and why? And then tell me one plot twist you'd enjoy seeing.
Yours truly,
Morgan.