Shades of Moons

The Eighth

At home, Callisto glanced over the back of the couch as Ganymede barged through the front door, giggling dumbly at something Benjamin, her boyfriend, had said. "You're home late," he mentioned, turning back to the video game Aaron, Ricky, and David were currently playing.

"You're not my parent," she said fleetingly before traveling up the stairs and away from the group of boys.

David crossed his arms and dropped his controller. "This game is fucking rigged," he said, explaining his loss. "The person with the blue controller always wins!"

Ricky threw the object at him skillfully and grabbed the other controller. "Rematch and you'll still lose."

In the living room, four boys sat on the floor, Aaron was stretched over the single seat, and the other three were packed onto the couch. The television had been plugged into a game system and they were taking turns racing and shooting. There were three giant bowls of popcorn, chips, and Cheez-its in sporadic places.

"When are we getting pizza, Cal? I have ten bucks and I'm starving," DJ asked, as the other three started a new game. "Is Europa bringing it?"

Callisto shook his head, "I told her earlier we didn't need it. I guess I can call her."

"We get pizza every Friday; why would that change now?"

Shrugging, the boy threw his phone at DJ. "She's sister number two. Figure out what everyone wants and call her."