Status: Rated R for future chapters.

The White Stallion

CHAPTER ONE

She lunged forwards, tipping her head upwards to survey the canopy of thick branched trees and slowly, her eyes scanned back down to the forest floor, where she turned her head in every direction, as if to look for indifferences.

The forest was one place where she had to be much more aware of her surroundings. There were many places where one could keep themselves hidden away until you got close enough.

The flecks violet and emerald in her iris’s glowed dimly in the evening sun that still somehow managed to light up parts of the forest floor, where she now stood lowly, but on alert.

Her long hair, which was a pale glow of ivory, was braided down her back loosely, yet still managed to hold itself together. She had always braided her hair, for it was loose, comfortable, and still held taut.

She swung her arm over the smooth surface of a rock, and settled on top of it in a crouched position.

The rock sat next to an old red birch tree, which stood like a beast, oversized and intimidating. It was rather beautiful, nevertheless, with leaves that grew many times the size of a man’s palm, and smooth bark, that shimmered slightly in full contact with the sun’s rays.

A series of low hung branches, swooped down to hide her subtly in it’s shade, but she could still watch over the large expanse of higher treetop branches, and slung boardwalks that were built by the elves who dwelled their lives in this forest.

The young woman was an elf herself, but she was different from the woodland race. She was nomadic, travelling from place to place because she did not believe in the idea of settlement. She’d met many on her travels, heard many stories, shared many experiences, learnt new things, discovered new ideas, and fell painfully in love, to an elvish man who then painfully tore apart her heart.

Sighing, she at her lip gently, clearly content to accept the fact that her love life was now dormant, and slipped down from the slippery rock, landing lightly before heading south.

A light wind rustled the leaves of the forest, a sound which soothed the distant aching in her chest, and cleared her head from any given thoughts connecting to the topic of love.

Maybe love is not something I am too lucky with.

Her bow was now clasped tight in between her palm and clamped fingers, her knuckles a stark white from holding on so hard. If anything went wrong, she would be prepared.

The forest began to suddenly thin, where trees were skinny and sparse, and the evening sunlight filtered through brightly, causing her to shield her eyes with her opposite hand. It was majestic.

She trecked the grass, and moss covered ground carefully, moving with a swanlike grace, and came towards a clearing in the trees, where she noticed sand mixed in with the mossy forest floor.

She stepped passed the last division of trees and out into the open.

Before her, a beautiful vast amount of sea extended out past the horizon, where waves crashed against the white sanded shore, and the setting sun’s rays danced across the deep blue of the water.

It was a lot cooler out here than it was in the depths of the woods, but it was still pleasant.

She slipped her moccasins from her feet, a pair of shoes she’d learnt to construct herself, and then pulled the strip of string that held her braid in place.

Her long hair cascaded down her back in thick waves, mimicking the soft feel of silk, and smelling distantly of lavender.

The feeling of the soft sand running inbetween her toes was pleasant, and she sighed, closing her eyes slowly to relish in the strong scent of the salt sea burning her nostrils.

Lovely... isn’t it.” A deep masculine voice echoed in her ears, and her eyes shot wide open.

She turned to see a human, a man, standing in white pants that were slightly rolled up above his ankles, and fit loosely on his hips. His hair was a gentle mess of gold, and his skin could almost match.

His well muscled torso, glistened in the sun as he stared out upon the sea horizon, his golden eyes reflecting the lights dancing upon the sea’s surface.

The young elf could only stare at him, wide eyed.

Could a man this beautiful truly exist?

As he turned his head to look at her, she let out a stifled scream of surprise.

She didn't see it happen... no, not at all.

Before her, a glorious white stallion bowed forwards, his back clad with a saddle made of pure gold.

*
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first chapter, woo, I hope you enjoyed it.. It may not be exactly that exciting, but I promise there will be more in the coming chapters
xx